2024 NHL Entry Draft Discussion, June 28-29th

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
Mikhail Yegorov with Omaha is interesting. Big Russian goalie. Going to Boston U next year.

Reactions: Dog

kickback256

May 1, 2024
Utah
Crowd is starting to build around the delta center. If you’re in town, I’m in a powder blue Carhartt shirt at the front, come hang and we’ll pretend you’re family lol

Reactions: Schemp

kickback256

May 1, 2024
Utah
IMG_5063.jpeg

Josh and Dylan doing meet-and-greet duty.

IMG_5065.jpeg

Reactions: Mosby and TheLegend

kickback256

May 1, 2024
Utah
From the meet and greet: Josh and Dylan took the scenic route and drove up through Zion a few days back. Excited to get into the canyons. Both of them were tight lipped about who they hope gets drafted.
IMG_5068.jpeg

Reactions: Mosby and Schemp

UpsideHockey

Jan 6, 2004
Calgary, Canada
bit.ly
Our Chief Scout E-Mac recently submitted and we've just now published:

Spoiler: Grade A for Utah HC
*so much worth checking out in our mammoth spreadsheet which also links up again to our prospect profiles, upwards of a 1000 video links, tons of different tabs to go through
*Note: the "E-Mac" column is our final ranking of the prospect

Upside Hockey 2024 NHL Draft Results And Team Grades With Final Rankings:
UPSIDE - 2024 NHL Draft Results

Reactions: kickback256

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I liked the draft haul in general.
Scouch questions if we're missing out on potential skill when we target BIG guys.
I like the strategy but I wish Bill would calm down on picking so many left-shooting D. There's only 3 LD slots on the roster and only one of those is up for grabs over the next several years.

Skahan, Biber, Cech and Lafton all have a similar profile from this draft. They get piled on top of Szuber, Goldsmith and Morden from prior drafts. And all of those are competing with Kolyachonok, Duda, Kipkie and Vaisanen (who fit a slightly different profile). That's 11 names fighting for one future 3LD slot. A slot that can be filled quite easily on the UFA or trade market.

I wish this draft focus was instead placed on RD because of the persistent shortage of those players in the league.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I liked the draft haul in general.
Scouch questions if we're missing out on potential skill when we target BIG guys.
I like the strategy but I wish Bill would calm down on picking so many left-shooting D. There's only 3 LD slots on the roster and only one of those is up for grabs over the next several years.

Skahan, Biber, Cech and Lafton all have a similar profile from this draft. They get piled on top of Szuber, Goldsmith and Morden from prior drafts. And all of those are competing with Kolyachonok, Duda, Kipkie and Vaisanen (who fit a slightly different profile). That's 11 names fighting for one future 3LD slot. A slot that can be filled quite easily on the UFA or trade market.

I wish this draft focus was instead placed on RD because of the persistent shortage of those players in the league.
I agree...but I'm not that overly concerned because we have Durzi & Lamoureux, so we're only looking for 1 spot on the RHD in future years as well.

Reactions: lanky

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad