2024 NHL Entry Draft Discussion, June 28-29th

Half Clapper

Dec 1, 2017
Bold take: Utah goes off the board a bit and takes Yakemchuk at #6. Right-handed D with size and great offensive ability. Also, plays a mean physical game. I know BA is trying to build a team with all the right pieces to win in the playoffs, and I think a guy like Yakemchuk is what this team needs the most. If he projects well, he would run this team's PP1 in 2-3 years.

I also think Yakemchuk has greater potential than Parekh due to the team he played on, and him not having many weapons to play with compared to Parekh. 2 minute highlight reel:

Simashev - Yakemchuk
Moser- lamoureux
Kolyachonok / Szuber - Durzi

That imo will be a helluva top 6 group in 3 years if my prediction holds true.

Last edited:

rt

Clean Hits on Substack

I just can't take this seriously. Bill doesn't leak his actual pick. Also, Sennecke would be our 3RW and would force Doan down to 4RW.
The his same bozo said that Arizona wanted Reinbacher so badly that when Montreal picked him they had no plan B and just panicked and picked Simashev and But because they didn’t know what else to do. Lol. Idiocy.

I talk about it a little on todays podcast.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Bold take: Utah goes off the board a bit and takes Yakemchuk at #6. Right-handed D with size and great offensive ability. Also, plays a mean physical game. I know BA is trying to build a team with all the right pieces to win in the playoffs, and I think a guy like Yakemchuk is what this team needs the most. If he projects well, he would run this team's PP1 in 2-3 years.

I also think Yakemchuk has greater potential than Parekh due to the team he played on, and him not having many weapons to play with compared to Parekh. 2 minute highlight reel:

Simashev - Yakemchuk
Moser- lamoureux
Kolyachonok / Szuber - Durzi

That imo will be a helluva top 6 group in 3 years if my prediction holds true.

I'd be happy to get Yakemchuk. The UHC prospect development staff would have to rent a condo in Calgary and make him their top project. He needs some work.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I have a very bad feeling we’re trading 6. Sucks watching the draft while not participating in the fun.
You don’t become a billionaire because you don’t want to be 600ft tall. Ryan and Ashley definitely want their moment at the sphere. Heck, even Bill wants his moment at the sphere. This is the last centralized draft. The goofy suit crew wants to be part of the spectacle. They’re not the type that strike me as the about to give up their shot to make the inaugural Utah hockey club 1st ever pick on that stage.

Reactions: Vinny Boombatz

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
¹
I agree...Utah's first splash at the draft you don't ruin it by trading the 6th overall pick.
Agreed!
You ruin it with wearing matching suits, ripping off other organizations in trades, and doing your homework/preparing!

Twenty twenty twenty four hours to go oh oh
I wanna be sedated
GOOD MOURNING!
Drink your coffee...

Reactions: Matias Maccete

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
JFresh says Demidov...

1719501189929.png

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I could see trading down. But I can’t see trading out.

I am cool with trading down because I am not gaga over anyone in particular at 6. Much of the same group will be there a handful of picks later. How desperately does Calgary want Iginla? They have pick 9.

Reactions: tucknroll

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
The his same bozo said that Arizona wanted Reinbacher so badly that when Montreal picked him they had no plan B and just panicked and picked Simashev and But because they didn’t know what else to do. Lol. Idiocy.

I talk about it a little on todays podcast.

Could you imagine a team not having a top six when drafting at....six?

Don't mind me...feel like Utah is the team I struggle most to project who (or even which position) you'll draft. Didn't pay to close attention at 14, but much more intrigued with SJ now at 11.

Reactions: Schemp and rt

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Could you imagine a team not having a top six when drafting at....six?

Don't mind me...feel like Utah is the team I struggle most to project who (or even which position) you'll draft. Didn't pay to close attention at 14, but much more intrigued with SJ now at 11.
SJ is in a situation where they could end up with the best forward and defensive skaters in this draft.

Reactions: kickback256

Chootoi

Jan 7, 2005
Do we take a goalie this year?
Maybe in the mid to later rounds. They already took 3 goalies last year and this year doesn't seem particularly deep in net. I don't think there's even a goalie ranked in the first 2 rounds. Carter George may be the best available. Beyond that I also like Emil Vinni, Nick Kempf, Ryerson Leenders, and off the board a little bit Jakub Milota. Maybe they take someone with one of their many 3rds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad