GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft - Day 2, 11:30 AM ESPN+ (Rangers Select EJ Emery)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
You should have been here last night when we were all mocking the broadcast (sorry if you were, I forget who was on but it was a lot of fun since the broadcast was so f***ing boring and amateurish).
Well, so that's true. Day 2 does have much more well-informed broadcasters that actually know things about prospects. I knew we didn't have much to do at this draft and it's a pretty weak one to begin with. So, it's on me. But this was a really uninteresting 2 days.

That said, how is it that we have 4 picks and only one kid seems to skate well.

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014

New York Rangers
The Rangers showed up to the draft relatively empty-handed, but I thought they did well. E.J. Emery felt like a perfect fit, not just because of the similarities between him and K’Andre Miller or Braden Schneider — as a long, mobile, athletic defenseman — but because they haven’t used a high pick on a defenseman since those guys.
They got one of the better players left in the back half of the draft in Raoul Boilard at No. 119. Boilard, who slotted No. 84 on my board, had a tough 16-year-old season in the BCHL and then had a mostly positive one in the Q this year, including a standout performance at the CHL Top Prospects Game. He’s got a smart offensive mind. I just want to see him be a little more consistent.
Don’t see anything in their other two picks, though.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I'm happy with the players we selected today. Emery was a guy I wanted at 30, among others. I was hoping to get more than one of those players, but that would have required we traded down, which didn't happen, obviously.

If I have any real criticism, it's that we've wasted far too many picks on rentals, but there's nothing we can do about that now. I think we did well with the limited picks we had.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad