GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft - Day 2, 11:30 AM ESPN+ (Rangers Select EJ Emery)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Yeah, I don't get AK's tweet, there. Really dumb take if he's being serious. Hard to tell.
I assume he's being funny because we'd all love Strome in the 4th round.

Strome wasn't a bad player for us. I think he's a lesson in making the upgrade if you can (not directed at any particular defensemen), but we got good years out of him.
Upgrade is half of it, but it's also a lesson in exactly the right time to let a player go to UFA. Even if we had no replacement lined up, we ran him for all the found money he was worth and said goodbye before we had to pay market wage, which was shrewd.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I assume he's being funny because we'd all love Strome in the 4th round.

Upgrade is half of it, but it's also a lesson in exactly the right time to let a player go to UFA. Even if we had no replacement lined up, we ran him for all the found money he was worth and said goodbye before we had to pay market wage, which was shrewd.
And again, not mentioning any names.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
It's ironic that Glen Sather just retired, this feels like the most Glen Sather draft ever.

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
Fyodor Avramov to Carolina. They invest heavy in Russia whereas other teams overlook. He was ranked as a possible 3rd rounder. Big guy that actually has talent

Reactions: EdJovanovski

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
First, lack of picks. Very Sather era. Also, this is a fairly low ceiling draft for us. I get it, We only one pick in first 3 rounds. But we've draft a possible second pairing D and then 2 bottom 6ers. We'll see what the last pick is, but we haven't made a boom/bust. Just more bottom of the lineup depth. Only North American.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
First, lack of picks. Very Sather era. Also, this is a fairly low ceiling draft for us. I get it, We only one pick in first 3 rounds. But we've draft a possible second pairing D and then 2 bottom 6ers. We'll see what the last pick is, but we haven't made a boom/bust. Just more bottom of the lineup depth. Only North American.
also, there were like no online highlights for most players early in Sather's tenure. And we just picked 2 kids in a row where there are NO highlights at all.

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
Makar Khanin in the 7th to Montreal... Sharakanov, his teammate, should not go undrafted again

Edit: This is an insane 7th round...
Swanson, Khanin, Humphreys, Reeder... wtf 🤣🤣

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad