GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft - Day 2, 11:30 AM ESPN+ (Rangers Select EJ Emery)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Rangers need to add some Dom Moore type players. Skilled 4th liners that have a little offense to their game and wins faceoffs and good defensively.
I think Owen Allard could be the guy. Double overager, and Drury loves his overagers. Played for Soo, so we've seen plenty of him while watching Barker.

A never-ending motor and physical skills power Allard. He sprints after every puck, winning the body position battle on every defender who gets in his way. Even without the puck, he creates with his willingness to battle and subtle space-creating skills. Those skills open up tip and rebound opportunities for him, and he breaks off the wall to drive the net.

6'2" 201 lbs. We could use a guy like that in our bottom 6.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
1719683247952.png

I don't get why people think Trouba is getting traded today. That's a Monday deal dawgs.

His NTC specifically says he cannot be dealt on the weekend. Not sure how people missed that.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I don't get why people think Trouba is getting traded today. That's a Monday deal dawgs.
Because EF said it might get done today. There's no reason it can't get done today. One of the reporters mentioned that he has already submitted his no trade list, so there's no need to wait until Monday.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Because EF said it might get done today. There's no reason it can't get done today. One of the reporters mentioned that he has already submitted his no trade list, so there's no need to wait until Monday.
He would need to amend his contract like when Gaborik did back in the day. It might be done but it cannot officially happen until July 1st.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
Whether it happens today, tomorrow, or Monday, the toothpaste is already out of the tube. Someone prepare the poll on who the next Rangers captain is going to be.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
So we just took Raoul Boilard. I fully admit I did not follow the Q at all this year and I have very limited knowledge of him, but he was looked at as a 2nd round pick potentially.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Boilard seems like a good pick based on what I'm reading. Never seen him play though.

Pre-draft rankings:

Ranked #70 by CONSOLIDATED RANKING
Ranked #67 by ELITEPROSPECTS.COM
Ranked #85 by TSN/BOB McKENZIE
Ranked #84 by TSN/CRAIG BUTTON
Ranked #74 by THN/FERRARI
Ranked #64 by THN/KENNEDY
Ranked #57 by MCKEEN'S HOCKEY
Ranked #81 by FCHOCKEY
Ranked #86 by DAILY FACEOFF
Ranked #51 by NHL CENTRAL SCOUTING (NA Skaters)
Ranked #61 by HPR/MALLOY
Ranked #49 by DRAFT PROSPECTS HOCKEY
Ranked #60 by SPORTSNET/BUKALA
Ranked #80 by RECRUIT SCOUTING
Ranked #83 by DOBBERPROSPECTS
Ranked #72 by SMAHT SCOUTING

Looks like he was viewed as a 2nd/3rd rounder. I truly know very little about him other than this.

Rangers draft C Raoul Boilard at 119th overall. I wonder what was dealt

7th rounder in 2026.

So we took Toronto's guy last night and we jumped in front of them again to take what I guess was their guy again

f*** off, Canada 😂

Matt Rentfree

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
Pre-draft rankings:

Ranked #70 by CONSOLIDATED RANKING
Ranked #67 by ELITEPROSPECTS.COM
Ranked #85 by TSN/BOB McKENZIE
Ranked #84 by TSN/CRAIG BUTTON
Ranked #74 by THN/FERRARI
Ranked #64 by THN/KENNEDY
Ranked #57 by MCKEEN'S HOCKEY
Ranked #81 by FCHOCKEY
Ranked #86 by DAILY FACEOFF
Ranked #51 by NHL CENTRAL SCOUTING (NA Skaters)
Ranked #61 by HPR/MALLOY
Ranked #49 by DRAFT PROSPECTS HOCKEY
Ranked #60 by SPORTSNET/BUKALA
Ranked #80 by RECRUIT SCOUTING
Ranked #83 by DOBBERPROSPECTS
Ranked #72 by SMAHT SCOUTING

Looks like he was viewed as a 2nd/3rd rounder. I truly know very little about him other than this.

7th rounder in 2026.
Boilard’s top quality is his playmaking. He sees the ice well and can make some great passes on both his forehand and backhand. He’s got good poise, and he’s a smart player both with and without the puck. There is a good level of creativity in his game. While we don't anticipate him becoming a top-6 player, he does have strong passing skills. He's good at generating offense through his transition play and can also create scoring opportunities from the wall, thanks to his effective puck-protection abilities and willingness to hold onto the puck for an extra second to allow his teammates to find open space in high-scoring areas. His solid frame allows him to protect the puck effectively, further helped by his reach and ability to escape pressure through edgework.

We would like to see him improve his skating. While he does have good edgework and agility, his acceleration and top speed need work. He doesn’t have the smoothest stride either; there’s some refinement that could be done to improve in that area. He does use his edges well to change directions, and that makes him tough to handle one-on-one in tight spaces, such as along the boards when he has the puck. Some of the best sequences we saw from him this season involved him pivoting away from pressure and protecting the puck from defenders, creating scoring chances. Possibly his best highlight of the season: an early-season goal he scored in Gatineau where that good puck-protection game was on display. He also used some deception along the wall and had a good give-and-go with his brother Jules.

If everything goes right with his development, we project him as a 3rd line center.

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
I would imagine the no trade clause/list actually kicks in on Monday. If it’s today he would actually need to waive because it’s an NMC till Monday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad