GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft, at The Sphere in Vegas, Friday, June 28, 7 p.m. edt | SN, TVA Sports, ESPN, NHLN

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who will Montreal draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
At the Habs second pick it seemed they were waiting for a signal to go to the stage. I get the feeling the "clock" is actually to allow ESPN to do their interviews and stuff in-between picks.
exactly. The draft is supposed to last through prime time. everyone has to take their 5 minutes.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
At the Habs second pick it seemed they were waiting for a signal to go to the stage. I get the feeling the "clock" is actually to allow ESPN to do their interviews and stuff in-between picks.

It's also helps the other GMs make calls and stuff. I bet they all agree to waste the clock no mater what beforehand.

Reactions: morhilane

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I get what you’re saying but it got them close (I thought it was enough) for Luchanko and Boisvert.

I get why it was made. Also, maybe Winnipeg was on the fence with the McGroarty thing…

Hage is a good pick no matter what.

Justin Poirier demain mon chum :naughty:
Theres no way Poirier is in range. That's a good reason why I'm pretty mad.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
How do we know he wasn't gonna be there? It's 5 picks, and the Ducks B-Lined Solberg. Even so, is the difference between Hage and Vanacker a 2nd rounder?
How do we know LA doesn't take him at 21? All it takes is one pick. They were hoping he'd fall to 21, Lapointe was giddy with excitement in his interview. They'd be kicking themselves if he got drafted at 25 and stayed at 26.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad