Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

Brooks reporting that the Rangers are trying to strong-arm Trouba into waiving his NMC to Detroit as well
Hope Trouba says no and continues hurting them. He’s so bad. And sick of watching these big market teams just skate from their bad contracts.

Lol you think Marchessault would sign in Edmonton just to spite Vegas? You know he'd light them the f*** up in a playoff series. 😂
Vegas. River Cree. Same thing. Let’s hope.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
It’s really going to be something if Brossoit or Stolarz get signed to a higher AAV than our goaltending tandem is getting combined like Seravalli is suggesting….
Yeh wtf. Is that the going rate for a backup?

I realize they are good backups but still.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Kane was like 40ish in the league in 5x5 goals. If he played on the 1st PP he would have had at least 10 more. I think his cap hit is pretty fair for what he brings. He had injury problems the last 2 playoffs but still made an impact in other ways.
And a grand total of eight of them against playoff teams. We saw his game fall off drastically when he was moved from Draisaitl's line during the regular season. And multiple times he was reprimanded by teammates because he opts to shoot in situations where maintaining possession is the play.

His inability to pass is something that stood out in this year's playoffs. Getting goals from Draisaitl's wingers shouldn't cost the team $5.25m. And there are plenty of options out there in the FA market that would cost a quarter of that.

Henrique and Foegele were far more impactful players for the Oilers last season and both are unlikely to return. The Oilers' limited cap space needs to be directed towards maintaining and adding to the roster that took them a game from a Championship. Kane wasn't a part of it.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Campbells contract cost the team 3.9 mil in cap space this year due to being in the minors. It would be the same next year. That's his hit.

Buying him out means you save 3.9 this year out of 5. In reality you are paying 1.1m out of 3.9m. Hence the 2.8 in saving.

It gets worse in year 2 and 3 where the "savings" are only 1.6M and then 1.3M.

Now if they bit the bullet and paid the cost of trading him, they would save a full 3.9M over three years and another 1.5 mil for the three years after that.

It's not as rosy as some may think.
We are low on assets too though. Plus we don't know what the asking price would have been to dump this contract - the price could have been Broberg + or Holloway +. People talk about it as if they know what the market was dictating for these players.

Reactions: ThePhoenixx

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
... anyone else rather bring back Foegele than get DeBrusk?
Only if his cap hit is half. Foegele at 2 x 2 is fine. I expect Debrusk will get offers of 4M, 5M.

Truth be told, I wouldn't mind both if we can find a way. It would give us Hyman, Nuge, Kane, Debrusk,Foegele and Holloway as our top nine wingers. The add in Janmark and Brown if they re-sign, and we have arguably the best core of wingers in the league.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
He'd be great with Drai...not going to lie.

Absolutely

GRXJA6fXkAA-HpQ

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Ideally I’d love to see something domed about the tax discrepancy in the next CBA. As for the cap cheating, while I don’t like it either, why would they not do it as long as the league does nothing to change it?
No reason not to. That’s the Leagues incompetence at play.

I just think the Vegas GM job has to be easiest in the League. Winnipeg probably the toughest, and yet no one gives Chevy any flowers.

Reactions: roccerfeller

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad