GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft, at The Sphere in Vegas, Friday, June 28, 7 p.m. edt | SN, TVA Sports, ESPN, NHLN

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who will Montreal draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Yeah, because those betting sites are corporations, people assume they're rational or have inside info. They just reflect a concensus on what people bet on. On another note, I hate how much betting has wormed its way into even fan discourse

I get it though, it's constantly changing numbers and it can fun for some to look at the odds change

Exactly

It is unbelievable that there are so many people who are entirely devoid of critical thinking skills (a term that brainless covid deniers hijacked but clearly did not have the ability to enact). If these people who are once again "doing their own research" had a modicum of common sense they would realize the catastrophic repercussions of NHL management leaking proprietary secrets to gambling sites and the only reason to ever do so would be for money which would also likely lead to an abrupt end to their career at some point in time.

I would love to here some of this propeller hat narratives repeated at a meeting of NHL GM's lol. It is embarrassing to even be participating in the same forums as some of these posters.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
If Demidov is not there at 5,

Calgary somehow finds a way to get the Devils #10 OA pick.

Calgary gets: #5 OA + #21 OA

Montreal gets: #10 +11 OA

Seems fair to me.

Then you pick 2 of Dickinson, Catton, Yakemchuk, Eiserman

Banger trade right there

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Exactly

It is unbelievable that there are so many people who are entirely devoid of critical thinking skills (a term that brainless covid deniers hijacked but clearly did not have the ability to enact). If these people who are once again "doing their own research" had a modicum of common sense they would realize the catastrophic repercussions of NHL management leaking proprietary secrets to gambling sites and the only reason to ever do so would be for money which would also likely lead to an abrupt end to their career at some point in time.

I would love to here some of this propeller hat narratives repeated at a meeting of NHL GM's lol. It is embarrassing to even be participating in the same forums as some of these posters.
Then go to another forum. All you do is whine about amateur scouts and the opinions of people you don’t agree with.

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
Jesus you are delusional.

There are no insiders connected with gambling sites.....seriously buddy this is a flat earth level opinion and is not worth me ever replying to you again in any manner.

The fact that you don't understand how these lines are created even at the most rudementary level yet you confidently assert such an asinine opinion is all I need to know here.

Not so sure. How secret is a club's choice? There must be dozens of scouts contributing to a teams final list. That information could be used to make money. That said, betting sites quickly pick up on this and freeze sketchy lines. So I agree it won't result any line movement.

I do find betting lines useful because they tend to reflect shifts in public opinon in real time based on available information. So if a line moves, it means something has happened, some new fact has emerged whose implication is still in the process of being evaluated.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Jesus you are delusional.

There are no insiders connected with gambling sites.....seriously buddy this is a flat earth level opinion and is not worth me ever replying to you again in any manner.

The fact that you don't understand how these lines are created even at the most rudementary level yet you confidently assert such an asinine opinion is all I need to know here.

Probably one of the most embarrassing posts I've come across since joining the website.

Who the hell is talking about "insiders being connected to gambling sites"? Did you respond to the wrong post? Is reading comprehension not a strength? I'm truly flabbergasted by this response.

These lines are made days, weeks, months sometimes years in advance, they are moved based on money pouring in, they don't stay stationary from the time point they're implemented.

You know who moves lines? Sharps betting significant amounts of money. You think they're throwing darts at a board? They're influenced by information, leaks. These leaks can come in the way of somebody garnering information from a family member, or a reporter hearing whispers from either a direct contact, or another source that has inside information, there are endless possibilities of how the informational is attained.

It's amazing that you can post a comment so condescending, smug about something that has quite literally transpired a plethora of times just over the previous two draft classes inside the top 5 alone.

Hell, we literally just seen Craig Berube leaked to be confirmed to be going to Toronto by multiple reporters on social media while he continued to sit pretty at + money for a solid 2 hours on bet365 until the signing was made official.

I'm going to set a line of myself right now of your age being well above 40 at -1000.

Reactions: GrandmaCookie

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Not so sure. How secret is a club's choice? There must be dozens of scouts contributing to a teams final list. That information could be used to make money. That said, betting sites quickly pick up on this and freeze sketchy lines. So I agree it won't result any line movement.

I do find betting lines useful because they tend to reflect shifts in public opinon in real time based on available information. So if a line moves, it means something has happened, some new fact has emerged whose implication is still in the process of being evaluated.
No no it’s been well established by whoever the f*** he is that we are all tinfoil hat morons and only he knows the truth.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Me too.

Iggy is awesome. I’m interested in what they will do with 21. Hoping Connelly but I think they might trade it.

I think it is as likely that they draft Tony Marinaro as it is likely that they draft Connelly.

Molson was furious about the Mailloux selection and it played a major role in MB getting canned......I am going out on a limb and saying that Trevor Connelly absolutely will not be a Hab!

Jesus, make the bad men stop

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Exactly

are you okay?

Reactions: Jack Skellington

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Probably one of the most embarrassing posts I've come across since joining the website.

Who the hell is talking about "insiders being connected to gambling sites"? Did you respond to the wrong post? Is reading comprehension not a strength? I'm truly flabbergasted by this response.

These lines are made days, weeks, months sometimes years in advance, they are moved based on money pouring in, they don't stay stationary from the time point they're implemented.

You know who moves lines? Sharps betting significant amounts of money. You think they're throwing darts at a board? They're influenced by information, leaks. These leaks can come in the way of somebody garnering information from a family member, or a reporter hearing whispers from either a direct contact, or another source that has inside information, there are endless possibilities of how the informational is attained.

It's amazing that you can post a comment so condescending, smug about something that has quite literally transpired a plethora of times just over the previous two draft classes inside the top 5 alone.

Hell, we literally just seen Craig Berube leaked to be confirmed to be going to Toronto by multiple reporters on social media while he continued to sit pretty at + money for a solid 2 hours on bet365 until the signing was made official.

I'm going to set a line of myself right now of your age being well above 40 at -1000.

They are influenced by where the money is being laid and by reading public draft sites as well as scouring garbage like these boards.

You have zero understanding of how these lines are created and that is very sad my friend.

Bourdon101

Jul 21, 2012
Exactly

It amazes me that you can be so condescending while having no idea what you are talking about.

The gambling sites always win because they don't set the odds, they shift the lines according to the flow of money. The gamblers set the odds by betting.

The odds are indicative of people, anyone out there, having either guessed or been told that a certain team would pick or leaned toward picking a certain player, and betting accordingly. This information is worth a lot of money and people make a living off of obtaining that information. It's a sort of sports insider trading.

Betting lines are far from the word of god but this is a guessing game and it makes sense to give importance to those who put their money where their mouth is : betters.

Anyone who has dabbled in sports betting knows that, like stocks, betting line react to information very quickly and sometimes before that information is public.

Reactions: Milhouse40

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
Flames trying to trade up is for a D.. I don't think Tij to Flames at 9 is the slam dunk people have talked about. I think it's unnecessary pressure on a player who will have enough pressure from being a top 10 pick.
I think people have this romantic notion of the son playing for the fathers team, but Jerome is in the head office of the flame correct? I would not want to draft my son to be honest... I would want him to be his own person and on top of that you want to avoid conflict of interest.

Would be like Kent drafting his son... not sure that is a good look.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
I have an unpopular question but I think it's pertinent to ask.
If Demidov is available at 5, it means teams drafting 2-3-4 didn't liked him enough as a player
or
it's the russian factor
or
by ignoring him they were so wrong like when Jarome Iginla was picked 11th, that year Habs picked Terry Ryan at 8th.

Well it's more complicated than that. Take out San Jose. Chicago's reason for skipping him is three fold. One, they have too many young forwards/prospects that are around 5'11. Second, they don't have a legit no.1 D. Thirdly, a team like Chicago knows they're tanking next year and looking to the next draft which is forward heavy at the top where they'll be. So instead of going 3 forwards in a row they decided to take the Dman this year knowing they'll go forward next year.

Anaheim is pretty much the same scenario as Chicago relative to the third point. But there are two other reasons that are related. First they have a really good forward core. Carlsson, McTavish, Gauthier, zegras. But they only have mintyukov as a future top pairing guy so they want to find him a defence partner to perfectly compliment him. And they'll probably suck again next year and draft high meaning it'll probably be another forward.

Columbus is the wildcard. Based on history and who's running the scouting, it makes more sense that they'd prefer a player like Lindstrom much more than demidov. Nash, PLD, Fantilli. It seems when they get the chance at high picks, they like the same types of player on the surface

That's why demidov might be available at 4/5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad