GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft, at The Sphere in Vegas, Friday, June 28, 7 p.m. edt | SN, TVA Sports, ESPN, NHLN

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who will Montreal draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Really?!? My memory could be foggy but wasn’t Gorton fighting hard for him?

I remember he asked a question about the team not willing to take the "risk", which I assume meant Michkov. I also find Gorton tends to have a contrarian approach during these meetings to make his team think, but I really don't remember anyone fighting hard for anyone but Reinbacher and that scout for the goalie.

Reactions: bopeep

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Use where? Did you find a taker for Gallagher and Anderson? Cause with Gallagher, Anderson, Roy, Dvorak and cie i see no place for depth before another 2 years at least.
Maybe you don't remember but this is the NHL lineup the Habs had last year

1719605365533.png

Moving Anderson to 13th forward would do wonders for this team.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Anaheim - Montreal just seem like natural partners considering the Ducks would likely get their player whether at 3 or 5.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I remember he asked a question about the team not willing to take the "risk", which I assume meant Michkov. I also find Gorton tends to have a contrarian approach during these meetings to make his team think, but I really don't remember anyone fighting hard for anyone but Reinbacher and that scout for the goalie.
I do remember comments about ultra-talented high potential players with more risk. It did sound like they liked the player but were scared of the risk.

And they were pretty much wrong about that said risk but were not here for that.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Anaheim - Montreal just seem like natural partners considering the Ducks would likely get their player whether at 3 or 5.
In that scenario who are we getting ? Demidov ? I would have a hard time getting the 50/50 toss up of Chicago picking Demidov or not for the assets we'd give.

Much rather sit back relax and pick Iggy/Catton/Lindstrom at 5, or even drop lower.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I do remember comments about ultra-talented high potential players with more risk. It did sound like they liked the player but were scared of the risk.

And they were pretty much wrong about that said risk but were not here for that.

It's difficult to know what they meant by risk without being in those meetings. We only get a snippet of their hours long conversations.

Reactions: Mrb1p

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Oh like just playing devil’s advocate. Maybe. Yeah I could be wrong. I thought Hughes was being more level headed contrarian while Gorton seemed to think passing on MM was a real mistake.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
In that scenario who are we getting ? Demidov ? I would have a hard time getting the 50/50 toss up of Chicago picking Demidov or not for the assets we'd give.

Much rather sit back relax and pick Iggy/Catton/Lindstrom at 5, or even drop lower.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was Lindstrom actually. Or, to make 100% sure they get either Demidov or Lindstrom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad