GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft, at The Sphere in Vegas, Friday, June 28, 7 p.m. edt | SN, TVA Sports, ESPN, NHLN

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who will Montreal draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
I’d feel better if it was Dickinson, Iginla or Sennecke…..not Buium

Buium's hockey IQ and smarts are better than Dickinson, so I think Buium is the better choice over Dickinson.

Dickinson is bigger, has a better shot and is a better skater though.

Buium should improve on those things and it's not like they are bad as is, but that hockey IQ though....

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I really want Demidov to fall to 5 but don’t see it happening.
Lindstrom would be my second choice and then Senneke. If we pick a dman it means there’s a bigger trade coming for sure

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Habs better get in contact with the Buium family now if they have ANY inclinations of passing on Demidov for him. 'Cause it will make Reinbacher's selection look like a tea party.

What if they trade down when we get to 5 and these 2 are on the board?

Oh wow I forgot about the 7-eleven grillys

Hey, all the grillys in Bangkok are reserved for me and my family, can't touch this.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Habs better get in contact with the Buium family now if they have ANY inclinations of passing on Demidov for him. 'Cause it will make Reinbacher's selection look like a tea party.
The good news is Silayev won't understand the backlash and will be far away from it. ;)

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Buium's hockey IQ and smarts are better than Dickinson, so I think Buium is the better choice over Dickinson.

Dickinson is bigger, has a better shot and is a better skater though.

Buium should improve on those things and it's not like they are bad as is, but that hockey IQ though....

I have these two very close in potential. Anything we say to push one ahead of the other is pure opinions.

Reactions: Michoulicious

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Wow I had Silayev and Buium as the 1-2 defenseman in this class and the Habs do to. Pretty crazy, but I love it.

Get a 1D at 5 and use 26 in a package for a forward.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Trevor Timmins says we would have selected John Carlson had Bob Gainey not traded our pick for Alex Tanguay at the 2008 Draft.

I was at that draft, I remember being so f***ing mad we made that trade. :laugh:

I also remember the speculation surrounding Mats Sundin.
I was there, too. Me and my buddies found out in the parking lot, so I said let's go back home now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad