GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft, at The Sphere in Vegas, Friday, June 28, 7 p.m. edt | SN, TVA Sports, ESPN, NHLN

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who will Montreal draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
Lol, Demidov winning the poll by a landslide. The question is who WILL the Habs draft, not who you want them to draft. Demidov is 100% going to Chicago. Respond with “crystal ball” or “lottery numbers” comments if you want; I’ll be here to say I told you so on Friday night. Absolutely delusional to think he’ll get past 2nd overall.
Will have this post ready to be quoted when you're wrong.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Guy actually seems to take it personally that the guy liked Levshunovs personality. What a fragile assclown. Does he know the draft is about 17-18 year old kids playing a sport ? Must be insufferable to work with. Also, he's a bore on these podcasts, gives 0 insight.
I read it differently - I think Grant’s pouting about Shane’s choice of words implying that he can offer Grant useful “insight” or information that Grant wouldn’t otherwise have. Puts them on equal footing rather than deferring to Grant’s (imagined) expertise. There’s a shift in Grant’s body language immediately after Shane says this - tension in his mouth, shifts in his chair. In saying this, Grant is made aware of an old wound - people perceive him as a pretend scout as he’s not at the combine doing interviews, is not experiencing a lot of success with Recrutes, and not actually working with a team. Classic trigger for individuals with unhealthy ego, poor self-esteem, or delusions of grandeur to be put on the same level as those they see as lesser than them. Grant follows up the perceived slight with a criticism of Shane’s reporting and downplays the value of what he’s sharing. Grant doesn’t really comment on Levshunov, but he does focus on Shane. Not great to see.

Very fragile ego either way. If it were me reacting this way on a fairly regular basis, I’d want to talk to someone about it as it’s pretty embarrassing to have it all over the internet.

This is halfway a joke btw, not a therapist. Just adding flavour to the thread.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
The doom bus riders are hilarious

8v92td.jpg

Hacketts

Jul 12, 2018
I read it differently - I think Grant’s pouting about Shane’s choice of words implying that he can offer Grant useful “insight” or information that Grant wouldn’t otherwise have. Puts them on equal footing rather than deferring to Grant’s (imagined) expertise. There’s a shift in Grant’s body language immediately after Shane says this - tension in his mouth, shifts in his chair. In saying this, Grant is made aware of an old wound - people perceive him as a pretend scout as he’s not at the combine doing interviews, is not experiencing a lot of success with Recrutes, and not actually working with a team. Classic trigger for individuals with unhealthy ego, poor self-esteem, or delusions of grandeur to be put on the same level as those they see as lesser than them. Grant follows up the perceived slight with a criticism of Shane’s reporting and downplays the value of what he’s sharing. Grant doesn’t really comment on Levshunov, but he does focus on Shane. Not great to see.

Very fragile ego either way. If it were me reacting this way on a fairly regular basis, I’d want to talk to someone about it as it’s pretty embarrassing to have it all over the internet.

100%

Gross display of ego.

Viggo Mortensen

Gandalf the Grey
Dec 14, 2008
Gondor
Dont want to pile on the guy, but have you guys seen Grant's graphics for his draft prediction pool? Holy shit, I could have a chimp design something better, but the worst is, he is including a nice Recrutes cap and shirt in the pot, that shirt and that cap look full of dog hair and the pictures seem to have been taken by a early 00's digital camera you'd be at Zellers.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
With Tij Iginla. I feel like he will naturally understand the in-game sense of urgency needed to be a winner... compared to so many players who stay passive and can't "flip that switch" when it's time to be a game-breaker
You just described my favorite segment of play in Iginla's post season.
The color man who ever he was said look out Iginla's got that look in his eye.
The very next shift Tij goes out and scores the deciding goal to salt the game.
Thats when I first heard the moniker Iggy Wiggy Woo Woo. :laugh:

Reactions: Svart

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Watch the Ducks take Lindstrom and Jackets take Demidov despite the Hawks taking Levshunov.
That could very well happen. There's no other player that fits the kind of player Verbeek loves like Lindstrom does.

Jackets could also see center potential in Demidov. He's played there before and didn't look bad. Doesn't hurt he's 6'0-6'1, plays a 200ft game and competes.

Last edited:

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

Grant behaves like small brained/big ego bro's when you debunk there mindless conspiracy theories....as they deep down know that they are idiots but were enjoying pretending that they were not actually idiots by surrounding themselves with other bro's who are bleeting on about the same nonsense. There is a clear physical reaction in their face and their posture when you reintroduce them to their rightful place in the intellectual food chain.

MON4NHLTOR4MLB

Oct 3, 2019
Everyone just has to know Demidov is not even going to be there at 5 lol. He doesn’t make it past Columbus. Zero chance. So we have to decide Lindstrom risk, if not selected by Anaheim, or Sennecke/Buium. I’d rather trade down honestly if that’s the case

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
That could very well happen. There's no other player that fits the kind of player Verbeek loves like Lindstrom does.

Jackets could also see center potential in Demidov. He's played there before and didn't look bad. Doesn't hurt he's 6'0-6'1, plays a 200ft game and competes.
It's going to be hell for more than 2/3 rds of our board if we don't select one or the other no matter what reason.
We are sure to hear why the F didn't you trade up/down loud and clear. :laugh:

MarkJ

Jun 30, 2019
Guy actually seems to take it personally that the guy liked Levshunovs personality. What a fragile assclown. Does he know the draft is about 17-18 year old kids playing a sport ? Must be insufferable to work with. Also, he's a bore on these podcasts, gives 0 insight.
Snake>Grant

JustYourRegularGuy

Jun 27, 2024
Just took a quick look at your profile.

Leafs fan.

Makes sense why you wish bad things upon us.

I hate the Habs, true. But Sennecke was ridiculously effective in the playoffs and wouldn't be a bad pick for you guys.

And I think he matches the size+skill scouting philosophy that your front office has seemed to be pushing since they took over, at least with high picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad