GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft, at The Sphere in Vegas, Friday, June 28, 7 p.m. edt | SN, TVA Sports, ESPN, NHLN

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who will Montreal draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Don't love Basu's final article.. really not making it seem like they'll take Demidov ahead of a defenseman. Just when I was feeling good.
I read it too and I didn't get that.. Could be a massive cope on my part but I think it was just Gorton coming out and trying to throw some water on the fire to other teams that we're going for a forward no matter what. Tried to make it sound like Hughes did it to work up the media.

The reason teams keep this stuff so close to the vest is because any known info lessens their leverage. Teams that really want a certain D probably won't look to trade with the Habs now because they know they're looking Forward. Stuff like that.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Guy actually seems to take it personally that the guy liked Levshunovs personality. What a fragile assclown. Does he know the draft is about 17-18 year old kids playing a sport ? Must be insufferable to work with. Also, he's a bore on these podcasts, gives 0 insight.

One of the knocks on Grant as a scout is that he’s too sensitive, too stubborn, and takes things way too personally. He has tunnel vision. This video certainly doesn’t help his case at all. It’s as if since he’s clearly not a fan of the player (he has come out and said Lev is overrated) he also decides he doesn’t like the person as well and god forbid anyone who disagrees with his take.

I can’t fathom why on earth anybody would get angry at someone saying that an individual impressed them and had an electric personality. It’s as if he felt personally attacked that someone else likes a prospect he doesn’t. The horror!!! And the best part is he’s not even f***ing commenting on the player…he’s commenting on the person!

He just comes across very poorly here, and it’s not the first time.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
Timmins never tipped his hat when he was with Montreal. The year we drafted Galchenyuk, he was talking about Forsberg in that setting in 2012.

He kind of slipped on Sennecke and Iginla he said "we think" then stopped and said "people think their development will continue to move up" something along the lines of that, he was gesturing upwards. Iggy could be a realistic target too

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Columbus wants Demidov. Fine. Others are going to be there. The Demidov hype is as bad as Michkov’s.
True Dat.
I love how people are setting themselves up based on every little tidbit that comes down the garbage chute.
One of the funniest being trying to decipher what the odds makers are doing with their books.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
True Dat.
I love how people are setting themselves up based on every little tidbit that comes down the garbage chute.
One of the funniest being trying to decipher what the odds makers are doing with their books.
This is how I am going to react on draft night. Once our 5th overall player is picked, that kid, I will cheer for him over any other players. He's our guy.

As much as I wanted Wright or Michkov, once Slaf and Rein were announced, they are our prospects and not just any, top prospects. I can see Zeev Buium or Sam Dickinson or even Konsta being our pick at 5 and we will cheer for them. Insane prospects. Even if I don't like Sennecke or Iginla ahead of the dmen, I would turn my focus on cheering for them and watching more of them.

We do not know better than the scouts or the management. We are amateurs and fans with passion.

Habs

Always cheerful, happy and pleasant.
Feb 28, 2002
Would you guys trade that pick for that package or aim alot higher ? Quality >>> quantity and if im holding a high top 10 pick in a good draft Matheson is not the defender im looking at not even close lots of teams would offer alot better and adding a late first and Barron who still cant crack a bottom 5 team wont help

Not sure, but MM is a good point producing dman and they are hard to find. I'd trade for a pick personally

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Don't know about 2 but I can see him going in the top 4. I really like him I just don't think he makes any sense for Montreal.
Yeah I just don't believe in Leshunov. I think he may be advanced on his progression curve.
But that's all I have on any of these guys a feeling.
Unlike many here who seem to KNOW. :popcorn:

Last edited:
Reactions: morhilane and Tyson

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Every team are purposely sending out false signals...Psyops in action.

Everybody playing 5D chess at this point, even twitter basement trolls are getting paid the orgs. to post fake rumors.

file.png
file.png
file.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Tyson

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
I mean, to be fair with Grant, I want to point out that if we pick Levshunov, he’s probably aiming to retire in his late 30’s, which gives us only 3 or 4 years max before he puts his papers in and rides into the sunset.

It’s always a risk you have to consider when drafting guys in they’re 30’s, that’s wifed up and has kids going to college soon.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
This is how I am going to react on draft night. Once our 5th overall player is picked, that kid, I will cheer for him over any other players. He's our guy.

As much as I wanted Wright or Michkov, once Slaf and Rein were announced, they are our prospects and not just any, top prospects. I can see Zeev Buium or Sam Dickinson or even Konsta being our pick at 5 and we will cheer for them. Insane prospects. Even if I don't like Sennecke or Iginla ahead of the dmen, I would turn my focus on cheering for them and watching more of them.

We do not know better than the scouts or the management. We are amateurs and fans with passion.
I was there for the draft in Montreal I wanted Wright but 2 seconds after Slaf was announced he was my Man.
The Michkov thing was different the people who blasted Reinbacher weren't the ones who wanted Leonard thats for sure.
That was always going to be toxic and it was easy to see weeks out from the draft.
Demidov is playing out a bit differently because I think we actually pick him if he's there.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Chicago needs to bring asses to their seats. Can they afford to not have their number 2 overall not play next year? Demidov likely won't be ready for next season, but Levshunov will. They need help everywhere
Or they may be looking at the other end of the spectrum which is the actual window.
They are not under the same pressure we are to start winning Immediately.
Bedard bought them a season or two of easy street.
Their tank worked for them in the past they know. Ours hasn't because we never had one.

Reactions: Jabba11

Svart

Live Slow, Die Fat
Jul 5, 2006
I feel like Tij Iginla will be a safe choice , feel like he's gonna be a Brady Trachuk but without the caveman aspect . A leader like his father. Feels like a no brainer even if ''BACK''strom and demigod are picked before #5
With Tij Iginla. I feel like he will naturally understand the in-game sense of urgency needed to be a winner... compared to so many players who stay passive and can't "flip that switch" when it's time to be a game-breaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad