GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft, at The Sphere in Vegas, Friday, June 28, 7 p.m. edt | SN, TVA Sports, ESPN, NHLN

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who will Montreal draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Don't love Basu's final article.. really not making it seem like they'll take Demidov ahead of a defenseman. Just when I was feeling good.
In that case I must go prepare for when/if they pass on Demidov @ 5 if he's still there. :sarcasm: Did he say which dman?

sharpening-pitchfork.jpg

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Hmmm, guess who they go after....seems like they've done their homework on one player.....

Trevor sure did go into detail about Demidov there..He’s clearly a fan. Could just be mind games, but I don’t feel great about that. I never really considered Columbus as a threat for Demidov. It was always just Chicago.

• Wow
Reactions: CanadienShark

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
It would probably be Matheson, the WPG 1st and a mid prospect like Barron
I mean , a high scoring Dman is what they want, good luck getting one around the league. I think they could add a bit to it, like #26 and Barron. It's a good start when you are moving to a new city and need to put a product on the ice.
Would you guys trade that pick for that package or aim alot higher ? Quality >>> quantity and if im holding a high top 10 pick in a good draft Matheson is not the defender im looking at not even close lots of teams would offer alot better and adding a late first and Barron who still cant crack a bottom 5 team wont help

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
Trevor sure did go into detail about Demidov there..He’s clearly a fan. Could just be mind games, but I don’t feel great about that. I never really considered Columbus as a threat for Demidov. It was always just Chicago.

He seemed disappointed that he couldn’t see him on the ice to me, I’m sure that’s something they wanted to see in person given how unusual it is

Edit: how unusual his skating is

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Uh oh...

Philly and Columbus are going to f*** us, aren't they?

Columbus wants Philadelphia's 2025 1st round pick, and minimal protection, which means lottery protection only (top 2). I can't see Flyers doing that since they could definitely suck next year. They have no goaltending and a crap defense.

Columbus has no reason to move back without being guaranteed another top pick next year.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
We have zero idea what any team above us will do other than SJ.

Reactions: Doublechin

DrBizz4r3

Oct 5, 2020
Hmmm, guess who they go after....seems like they've done their homework on one player.....

I seem to be against the general consensus, but he seems to back up a lot Sennecke. Picking the best player in 4-5 years, not the best now. A player who performs in the playoffs. They did take him out to dinner

Reactions: NobleSix

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Columbus wants Demidov. Fine. Others are going to be there. The Demidov hype is as bad as Michkov’s.
Just read a post in the draft thread on the CBJ board that said that Pronman said on a podcast that CBJ will consider Demidov but he thinks they will go with someone else. I'd say Lindstrom is most likely the someone else but who the hell even knows at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad