GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft, at The Sphere in Vegas, Friday, June 28, 7 p.m. edt | SN, TVA Sports, ESPN, NHLN

Who will Montreal draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Why is Tony interviewing these guys lmao
Because he loves to hear himself talk. I have no idea why he’s at the draft, he literally knows nothing about prospects.

Buium and Levshunov are pretty safe top pairing bets, especially Buium.
No, they are not safe bets. A safe bet would be Victor Hedman in his draft, or Rasmus Dahlin. Those guys were clearly going to be top pairing. They had no holes in their game. Buium is an average straight line skater with average size and Levshunov is prone to brain farts.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Nobody knows for certain, but if I were a betting man, and I’m sure I’m stating the obvious here, but I’m going to throw on my HF18 “Insider” cap anyways:

- Demidov and Lindstrom are our 1A/1B scenario. I think all things considered, if by some draft miracle both are still on the board, they’d lean towards Lindstrom. Either way, if only one is available I’d estimate there’s a 99% chance he’s ours.

- If both are off the board, and we keep the 5th pick, I think we’ll be deciding between Zeev Buium and Beckett Sennecke. I think our staff is intrigued by both and would consider either a fine consolation prize.

- I think we have varying degrees of interest in Sam Dickinson, Anton Silayev and Tij Iginla, but lesser than that of the previously mentioned players. I think the Habs would consider moving back just a few spots to select one of these guys if someone overpaid to move up a few slots. But I’d say the chances of this happening are minuscule, as I think they’d much rather walk out with Buium or Sennecke if Demidov/Lindstrom weren’t an option.

- I think we’ll dangle #26, a young d-prospect and either a 2nd rounder or potentially next year’s confusing extra 1st rounder to try and move into the 10-15 range. There’s a lot of smoke there with Cole Eiserman and I think they’d love to draft him in the teens. I feel like earlier in the year they viewed him as a real candidate for our lotto pick, but now that they know he’s falling they’re trying to work some magic to try and draft him with our second pick of the night. They know he won’t be there at 26.

So yeah, that’s my Darren Dreger-style insider report. We like some players and we may draft them, but we also may not draft them to draft someone else. Trades may happen but they also may not happen. Something will happen that’s for sure, unless it doesn’t. :D

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
No, they are not safe bets. A safe bet would be Victor Hedman in his draft, or Rasmus Dahlin. Those guys were clearly going to be top pairing. They had no holes in their game. Buium is an average straight line skater with average size and Levshunov is prone to brain farts.
No, those two were sure things. You can be a safe bet without being a sure thing.

Bourdon101

Jul 21, 2012
And that is the core of the Habs problem. That is what the other post was saying. This rebuild will become a bubble team with the occasional Cinderella runs unless they can get offensive game breaking talent.
All it takes is a talented, beefy defensive core, depth up front and a hot goaltender to win, like Vegas and Saint-Louis.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
So why is Buium ranked 7th on Bob’s list, made from the opinions of actual NHL scouts, if he’s a safe bet to be a top pairing D?
I don’t see how where are you are ranked has any impact. There could be 15 “safe bets” but someone will still be ranked 1 and someone 15, and then the other 13 other safe bets in between. I've watched Buium play quite a bit. I have no doubts that he will be a first pairing d-man in the NHL.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I don’t see how where are you are ranked has any impact. There could be 15 “safe bets” but someone will still be ranked 1 and someone 15, and then the other 13 other safe bets in between.
Yeah I’m sure the entire top 15 are safe bets to be 1st line and 1st pairing guys.

Reactions: Rapala
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad