2024 NHL Draft

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I am happy Lou did not go conservative in the first rd. You have to swing for the fences mining for a definitive top 6 player. You can go safe in the 2nd rd if they keep the picks. Like I just said in on the Main board, Isles have had some good luck with some 1st rd droppers in Barzal and Dobson before, maybe this is 3 times the charm. The best dropper of all was Bossy, but that would not be fair to anyone to compare him to a top 10 worthy player of all time.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
You can't argue with taking a guy who was a potential #1 a year ago and is arguably the best natural goal scorer in the draft. Glad he dropped to us. In his highlights there was a goal where he one-timed a pass coming down the slot and he put it about a foot off the ice and just inside the post. He was so smooth and natural doing it - on that one at least he really did look like a pure scorer.

And me saying the Isles should take EJ Emery? Not sure what I was thinking. That guy stinks.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
You can't argue with taking a guy who was a potential #1 a year ago and is arguably the best natural goal scorer in the draft. Glad he dropped to us. In his highlights there was a goal where he one-timed a pass coming down the slot and he put it about a foot off the ice and just inside the post. He was so smooth and natural doing it - on that one at least he really did look like a pure scorer.

And me saying the Isles should take EJ Emery? Not sure what I was thinking. That guy stinks.
Emery was one of my favorite players. Same with Gabe Perrault. Now I gotta hate them.

Reactions: doublechili

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
I could have been reading about Oliver Wahlstrom

Aatu Raty was a potential #1 who fell. They don't always work out.

Reactions: CupHolders

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Perif, NO ONE thought that of Bossy when he was drafted

Seriously, have you made ONE positive comment here in the last 3 months? You shit on everything.

Bossy went 15th in a smaller league. This kud outscored every single USNTDP player in history
Though it is not a guarantee, people who are worried this is another Wally 2.- pick, his stats are much more prolific, I hope they don't overcook him if he has a big D+1 year. If he does we can get excited of potentially seeing Barzal feeding him passes, his release is elite. Players having a great shots have varying releases, this is a player that has a terrific release, this is what separates elite shooters. Excited to see what Eiserman do next year in Boston U.

Reactions: leeroggy

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
As a NHL scout once told me, draft picks turned into prospects are just trading chips. If Lou makes 2 picks, let's hope he finds a Raty or 2 in the second rd.

Knowing Lou, he wants to improve more immediately, rather than wait 2 to 3 years or more for 2nd rounders to develop.

Reactions: Osakahaus

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
I am happy Lou did not go conservative in the first rd. You have to swing for the fences mining for a definitive top 6 player. You can go safe in the 2nd rd if they keep the picks. Like I just said in on the Main board, Isles have had some good luck with some 1st rd droppers in Barzal and Dobson before, maybe this is 3 times the charm. The best dropper of all was Bossy, but that would not be fair to anyone to compare him to a top 10 worthy player of all time.
A little boom bust but he was the BPA. Some commentary is a little silly. Who compares him to Bellows? There is no comparison in terms of skill, potential and the relative talent available at that pick. We actually had the two players taken immediately after Bellows on the team this year. His scoring and skating are well ahead of Wahlstrom at the same age. If Wahlstrom didn't have to be first and last on the buffet line, he could have had a chance. Skating improved not at all and his conditioning was awful. Elite shot and mediocre work ethic. Should have Been in the AHL longer.

I liked Hage a lot but you don't pass on this 17 year old at 20.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
A little boom bust but he was the BPA. Some commentary is a little silly. Who compares him to Bellows? There is no comparison in terms of skill, potential and the relative talent available at that pick. We actually had the two players taken immediately after Bellows on the team this year. His scoring and skating are well ahead of Wahlstrom at the same age. If Wahlstrom didn't have to be first and last on the buffet line, he could have had a chance. Skating improved not at all and his conditioning was awful. Elite shot and mediocre work ethic. Should have Been in the AHL longer.

I liked Hage a lot but you don't pass on this 17 year old at 20.
I have read Hage's name a lot. I must admit, I am not the draft follower I once was. Used to spend many hours watching tape so my knowledge in this area is not great this time around. But the tape I have seen on Eiserman, I was impressed and very pleased the Isles got potentially top end talent at #20. His stats in US Development teams don't lie. Almost reminded me of Bossy's stats when he fell to #15, and there were only 18-21 teams in the league at that draft. I hope Eiserman will work on his weaknesses, the skating is not a weakness from what I can see, Brett Hull was once critiqued for this, he made up for it by having a unique talent for materializing in soft space to fire his one timer. From the highlight package I have seen, Eiserman scores from all angles. Hoping he has the work ethic and hunger to score. Bossy was hungry to score, so much so, it shortened his career. This all in all was an exciting pick. I was waiting for the Isles to do something exciting, so while I know the chances this is not Bossy 2.0. If Eiserman can play in the top 6 in a year from now if he shows a big D+1, maybe he can be here sooner than later. Even with Lou's overcooking prospects MO.

NC 1972

Dec 8, 2017
Fully agreee
Just texted my son that
If I'm Bettman, I sign a 20-year contract
This thing is an amazing facility unlike I've seen
Concerts must be something else there
I could be wrong but, I thought the draft format going forward will mimic that of the NFL

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
I kinda like the NHL draft format. It's more genuine than that of the NFL although I really do understand why they don't wanna fly tens of people (and probably wives and kids) out to various cities year after year. Much more sustainable doing like the NFL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad