2024 NHL Draft

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Love the Eiserman pick. There will be comparisons here to Bellows and Wahlstrom for obvious reasons but Eiserman is a better skater than either. Let him develop in college for a year and hopefully bring him over.

We will see by tonight but this also confirms a suspicion of mine that Ehlers does not have 1st round value in a trade.
Ehlers probably wants to test free agency, because he’s definitely worth 20th overall.

heatedskates

May 25, 2009
Canada
Was watching the Sportsnet feel. Hosts seemed to feel isles got a steal at 20. They were comparing him to Owen Tippet, saying his shot is very good and need to figure out d.
Not a bad comparison. I think he's a better shot than Tippet, but definitely had equal lack of interest in the defensive effort. Going to BU for a year or two will be good for him.

FoxYou727

May 12, 2024
Los Angeles
Its not really a weakness. He doesn't have Barzal, Bedard level of explosive, top end speed. But he's not average. He also doesn't turn 18 until August. Lots of growth ahead of him.
Him being only 17 is what excites me the most, if a player skating is below average it does scare me since it is very much needed in today's NHL

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
1719625643270.jpeg

you know, this is really good

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Might to
Him being only 17 is what excites me the most, if a player skating is below average it does scare me since it is very much needed in today's N
Might want to re-read and qualify your statement…otherwise, ya know, not a good look for the ‘net.

Reactions: Osakahaus

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Oh you sure like to stick it to people. I wouldn't take some sort of a bizarro victory lap just yet. Remember how many games Raty played for the Isles?

As long as Lou is GM I'd say it's 50/50 Eiserman ever plays an entire season with the Isles.

I sure do, because I have to read the same post 1,000 times all season long about what Lamoriello is going to do and am constantly seeing posts about why we even bother posting about what trades or picks he might make.

I couldn't care less if Eiserman ever plays a game for the team, the point is that all the people who "know" what Lamoriello is going to do are full of shit.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Alright so now that begs the question

do we stand pat, or do we trade again? I think you'd have to imagine greentree or chenyshov going to Boston.

SayItAintSoJohnny

Jun 30, 2018
He is a steal at 20 and automatically becomes our top prospect. Yes, he has things to improve on, especially on the defensive side of things but he is a pure scorer, gets to his spaces real well and has an elite shot. 17 with time to grow and a legitimate top prospect for us, which we sorely need.

The trade down worked, and getting MacLean signed at that number for 3 years is a good start....lets see what else he can do...

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
I have to say the Sphere works VERY well for the NHL Draft. The coverage is subpar, but man the visuals work so well for a draft.

Fully agreee
Just texted my son that
If I'm Bettman, I sign a 20-year contract
This thing is an amazing facility unlike I've seen
Concerts must be something else there

Reactions: periferal

heatedskates

May 25, 2009
Canada
Fully agreee
Just texted my son that
If I'm Bettman, I sign a 20-year contract
This thing is an amazing facility unlike I've seen
Concerts must be something else there
totally agree. No need to move it around city to city. All star game already serves that purpose. This venue is built for TV and in person.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad