2024 NHL Draft

Taswell

Oct 4, 2017
Don't just look at that size, in this case.

See if you can find a good set of highlights.

Shoots from everywhere. Hits the target from everywhere.

Defenders bounce off of him. That can't pin him down. His body control and timing are outstanding.

Very confident. Loves to score. LOVES to snipe. And can do it.

Like a Caufield, it's not gonna be his height that stops him from making himself a sound NHL option.

But a risk that some teams will surely shy away from, especially if they already have a number of smaller players in their line-ups.
Alright checked some video and scouting reports. His skating is...not great. Small and a eh skater isn't a great combo imo. IDC if the kid can pick corners all day if he can't get to the spots needed to do that at the professional level. Good straightline speed, but his edge work is pretty meh. That said, skating is fixable to an extent. But yeah, coming around on picking him in that area, if he was available, but feels like someone will grab him earlier than 61.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
It could also feel like another Chyzowski, Dal Colle, Bellows, Wahlstrom, and every other reputed goal scoring stud that the Isles have drafted aside from Bossy if Eiserman fell to #20. I haven't followed the kid enough to have a strong opinion about his potential, but I definitely feel a little gun shy at that type of player.
All of those were consensus picks, it happens and all of them had skating issues. Eiserman's knock is he is too offensively inclined, he would be the second most naturally skilled player in the organization next to Barzal.

Reactions: Osakahaus

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Alright checked some video and scouting reports. His skating is...not great. Small and a eh skater isn't a great combo imo. IDC if the kid can pick corners all day if he can't get to the spots needed to do that at the professional level. Good straightline speed, but his edge work is pretty meh. That said, skating is fixable to an extent. But yeah, coming around on picking him in that area, if he was available, but feels like someone will grab him earlier than 61.
Most of the QMJHL scorers dont skate well. This also is true about Dufour.

Reactions: Taswell

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Stian Solberg is moving up the draft charts and could go in the teens. It would be funny if he goes anywhere near #13. He seems to be very much a Romanov type of defenseman, and we've been hearing for a couple of years now that trading a #13 pick for Romanov was a mistake because you don't take a defenseman like him at #13. :laugh:

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
I am hoping the Isles take a flyer on Miro Satan Jr. in the last round or two. He is definitely a project and sounds like a bottom 6er at best, but he is 6 foot 7 and supposedly has good speed for his size.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
All of those were consensus picks, it happens and all of them had skating issues. Eiserman's knock is he is too offensively inclined, he would be the second most naturally skilled player in the organization next to Barzal.

I have noticed the skating and that is a big plus for him. Still, we've been burned a lot searching for Bossy 2.0 over the years.

We've been lucky with Barzal and Dobson falling so maybe Eiserman is another one in this scenario, but this guy was a potential #1 overall challenger not too long ago and now we're talking about him at #20. The kid produces big numbers and he's been healthy so why the seemingly plummeting draft stock?

Just playing contrarian here.

Reactions: Osakahaus

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006
I have noticed the skating and that is a big plus for him. Still, we've been burned a lot searching for Bossy 2.0 over the years.

We've been lucky with Barzal and Dobson falling so maybe Eiserman is another one in this scenario, but this guy was a potential #1 overall challenger not too long ago and now we're talking about him at #20. The kid produces big numbers and he's been healthy so why the seemingly plummeting draft stock?

Guys drop for various reasons and it's why the draft is a crapshoot - you're trying to select a kid for a 15-20 year career and you're working off a snapshot in time. If the draft was a year or two ago Eiserman and Kiviharju would both be challenging for #1 overall, and now they'll probably be taken in the latter half of the 1st round going into the 2nd round.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Guys drop for various reasons and it's why the draft is a crapshoot - you're trying to select a kid for a 15-20 year career and you're working off a snapshot in time. If the draft was a year or two ago Eiserman and Kiviharju would both be challenging for #1 overall, and now they'll probably be taken in the latter half of the 1st round going into the 2nd round.

I have a hard time seeing Eiserman get past SJS at 14.

With Celebrini in the bag and gobs of prospects of a playmaking nature, they can really gamble on him being more than just a one-trick pony - or at least very much live with his one trick (to date) being that of pure goal-scoring.

As was mentioned above, his skating and size are not issues.

People just felt he wasn't doing anything else but scoring this season because he was so damned focussed on setting that USNTDP record for goals scored.

Nothing else really seemed to matter to him.

But it could come to matter to him. All the ability is certainly there once it does.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
I have a hard time seeing Eiserman get past SJS at 14.

With Celebrini in the bag and gobs of prospects of a playmaking nature, they can really gamble on him being more than just a one-trick pony - or at least very much live with his one trick (to date) being that of pure goal-scoring.

As was mentioned above, his skating and size are not issues.

People just felt he wasn't doing anything else but scoring this season because he was so damned focussed on setting that USNTDP record for goals scored.

Nothing else really seemed to matter to him.

But it could come to matter to him. All the ability is certainly there once it does.
Sharks taking a defenseman is more likely. They dont have a marquee name besides Mukhamadulin

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Sharks taking a defenseman is more likely. They dont have a marquee name besides Mukhamadulin

I think many are expecting this. There's an obvious logic to it.

I just look at those 2 second rounders, particularly the one at 33, and think that's where they'll find their Dmen should the likes of Catton, Lindstrom, or Eiserman be hanging around at 14.

Last edited:

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006
This draft seems skewed towards D as the strength. Makes me think, all things being equal, that you take a D.

Reactions: PWJunior

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006
2018 was like that too, crazy defense class with all different types.
I almost mentioned that I recall a year where there were a lot of D strength, and in retrospect it seems like going for D would have been the smart move. Was it 2018? I didn't check - just going by recollection.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
1718821109883.jpeg

Here's a mock with us taking Hage at 20

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here

Although re Barzy, BOS really F'ed up!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad