2024 NHL Draft

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY
Since it's not here, they have us taking Kleber and Spellacy in round 2
Oh my.

Hage, Kleber, and Spellacy in our first three picks? Sign me up.

Though I prefer Tory Pitner to Kleber, you can't go wrong with either. I think those three picks would do wonders to bolstering up this dry pipeline.

Now, the question is: will they? I don't know what to think with Lou's coalition at the draft table. Feel like they typically try to go outside the box, instead of making the logical pick (though I'll always be grateful for them picking Isaiah George).

To be determined.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Oh my.

Hage, Kleber, and Spellacy in our first three picks? Sign me up.

Though I prefer Tory Pitner to Kleber, you can't go wrong with either. I think those three picks would do wonders to bolstering up this dry pipeline.

Now, the question is: will they? I don't know what to think with Lou's coalition at the draft table. Feel like they typically try to go outside the box, instead of making the logical pick (though I'll always be grateful for them picking Isaiah George).

To be determined.
wait until next week honestly

NC 1972

Dec 8, 2017
The chances that Lou keeps his first rounder and BOTH of his second round picks are below zero
Lou has traveled to far down this road to turn back now, he will trade a player and attach a second as per usual and then move the remaining picks to bolster the roster. Restocking the farm will be left for the next GM.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Anybody talk about Anthony Romani yet with a 2nd round pick? Overager. Puts up tons of points. Same name as Lou's best friend from grammar school. Why not?

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
i've seen a few mocks starting to slide Parascak to round 3. keep that tidbit in mind.

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY
Not a lot of Mustard talk in this here chat. Wonder what a move up in the second would cost?
Can't imagine the Isles moving up to get him. I don't think Lou is that draft-savvy, despite making that move to get the extra second.

Anybody talk about Anthony Romani yet with a 2nd round pick? Overager. Puts up tons of points. Same name as Lou's best friend from grammar school. Why not?
I think Romani is a solid prospect, but think he's going in the third round.

Reactions: Osakahaus

Tahoeblue

Nov 29, 2019
Reno/Tahoe
I have little knowledge of this class other than what I briefly read. Listened to the Hockey Prospects on sirius yesterday as they rolled out their top 32. Greentree, Eiserman, and a Russian winger were possibilities to be available at #20.

Reactions: Osakahaus

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
I hope they use the pick to upgrade for the short and long term.

If that doesn’t happen, for the love of God, please draft for skill. You can find grit and character in the later rounds.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bill Herlyn

scott99

May 13, 2005
Some kid on Twitter states his source is a good source, and claims Lou is hot and heavy after Ehlers, and we may move #20 and a 2nd round pick for him.

I like Ehlers, but I wouldn’t give up a 1st and a 2nd for him. Might do a 1st, or a 2nd + (2nd round next year). Or it might take both 2nds instead of a 1st and 2nd.

He’s a good to very good player, but not a GREAT player. He’s never scored 30 goals, and has scored 60+ points only twice I believe.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Some kid on Twitter states his source is a good source, and claims Lou is hot and heavy after Ehlers, and we may move #20 and a 2nd round pick for him.

I like Ehlers, but I wouldn’t give up a 1st and a 2nd for him. Might do a 1st, or a 2nd + (2nd round next year). Or it might take both 2nds instead of a 1st and 2nd.

He’s a good to very good player, but not a GREAT player. He’s never scored 30 goals, and has scored 60+ points only twice I believe.

For all of Lou's faults he has done pretty well in the value of trades. I do not see the value of Ehlers as that much. The Islanders would still need to find a way to move out the Pageau contract as well. I do believe Ehlers will take the next step with his next team if he can stay healthy.

He put up 61 points averaging under 16 minutes per game and I believe less than 10 PP points.

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY

I wouldn't look too much into Ehlers' stats. I've watched a lot of Jets games over his career, and he was abhorrently misused.

Consistently one of the team's best 5-on-5 players, yet, Paul Maurice and Rick Bowness would prefer to play players like Mason Appleton over him. It's something that drove Jets fans mad, and I don't blame them.

Candidly, I love his game, and as an Isles fan, would love to see him on the squad. However, I just think Lou is throwing darts at a dartboard. This franchise desperately needs youth in the pipeline, and the core has obviously run its course.

Would just prefer to use the picks and try to inject some new life into this organization.

SI

Feb 16, 2013

Link?

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Re: Winnipeg:
More likely is that Lou would be open to use that 1st to acquire McGoarty, if he doesn't see a business-ethical conflict in McGroarty seeking a way out of Winnipeg's organization.

Certainly there would be other interested parties.

Gauthier and McGoarty within a matter of months.

Is this becoming a USNTDP trend?

Not isolated incidents either, eh?

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
I'm in Germany caught right in the midst of all the European Cup action and hoopla.

I can't leave the front door without soccer-related celebrations and jersey-wearing visitors from places across the continent immediately crossing my path. Heck, games have been taking place at the stadium not even 10 minutes away from my humble abode every other day.

Can just picnic in the neighboring park with 100s of others and basically take it all in.

So, uhh, what's y'all's excuse for this forum being so doggone quiet four days away from the draft???

Common' people, start making some predictions or something here...

We currently have 6(!) picks. SIX!!!

That's like 20% more than usual.

Let's get this party rocking!

Last edited:
Reactions: Kevin27NYI

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad