GDT: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Sponsor
Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Seeing Ivan Drago go to Montreal hurts a bit, was hoping Utah would get him if we didn't... Oh well. Not sure at all what to feel about Lindstrom so I hope that he is healthy and stays healthy.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
I think the 2nd and 3rd best prospects in this draft are Lindstrom and Demidov. Most scouts like Demidov more, I liked Lindstrom more. Big, strong, fast, skilled, athletic, center. I think paired with Fantilli, we just might have a big, skilled, athletic 1-2 punch at center for the next decade. Really, I feel like the biggest concern of his doesn’t even have anything to do with his game or character, it’s just injuries. So if they’re comfortable with the medical report, I love the pick.

Demidov is VERY skilled. Very creative. Extremely unique. Highly intriguing. But also a bit risky in how he plays. And only a winger. Average size, doesn’t seem like he has incredible athletic gifts. Almost seems Panarin-like. If he hits, he could be a 120-point winger. But it also wouldn’t shock me if he doesn’t.

Really couldn’t go wrong with either, but hard to pass on that size/skill/speed combo for Lindstrom imo. Glad that was the pick. Would’ve been very happy with either at #4, like I said, I think they’re the 2nd- and 3rd-best prospects in this draft, respectively.

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
I like the strategy on Lindstrom, but from a pure risk mitigation strategy I don't love it. The injury alone is enough to steer clear this high in the draft and that is before the fact that his value is highly related to his physical play as he is less skilled than a number of other players still available (Demidov being the obvious alternative). Hopefully, he has a long Jagr-esque career but this just feels like to much of trying to force a draft to fit a vision.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $50.00