HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leto

Feb 16, 2023
please understand...there will be a completer and utter meltdown no matter who we pick lol.
maybe a slightly lower level if it is Demidov...but then people will still bitch about what we did or didn't do with our other 1st rd pick!
:laugh:

I already made my peace with Demidov... I'll be there to laugh at the meltdown.
sickos.jpg

BoneHutson

Mar 26, 2023
Concerning Demidov (if we end up drafting him), I wonder whether Hughes and Bobrov could try to come up with some sort of transfer deal with SKA. Lets say they allow Demidov to extend with SKA for one or two more years BUT in exchange Demidov gets to come in MTL for the training camp, tries to make the team and:

Option 1: If he does make the team alongside getting top 9/6 minutes + decent pp time, MTL gets to keep him.

Option 2: If they judge hes not ready for the NHL, instead of sending him in the AHL, MTL is forced to send him back to russia for the year where he could play in the KHL.

This way, SKA still gets the opportunity to have Demidov depending on his camp (and might be more inclined to develop him properly if hes not ready for the NHL next year and potentialy the year after) AND MTL gets more control over his development and gets the chance to keep him in NA if hes ready.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
This happens every year but it is REALLY noticable this year.
McKenzies ranking demonstrates that NHL teams value size, grit and defensive play over smaller skilled guys. When compared to concensus rankings, the big guys all move up the list once you get past the top 18.

O'Reilly, Letourneau, Elick, Pulkkinen, Masse, Skahan, Shuravin, Gill, Eliasson, Ralph, Battaglia, Kos, Villeneuve, Pikkarainen, Lavoi, and Procyszyn all ranked higher on McKenzies list.

Artamonov, Freij, Stiga, Hutson, Kiviharju, Misa, Galvas, Mustard all ranked later than concensus rankings.
Imagine where Poirier goes if a Stiga can’t get a shoutout in the first round over Emery or Ellick types (no disrespect).

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Concerning Demidov (if we end up drafting him), I wonder whether Hughes and Bobrov could try to come up with some sort of transfer deal with SKA. Lets say they allow Demidov to extend with SKA for one or two more years BUT in exchange Demidov gets to come in MTL for the training camp, tries to make the team and:

Option 1: If he does make the team alongside getting top 9/6 minutes + decent pp time, MTL gets to keep him.

Option 2: If they judge hes not ready for the NHL, instead of sending him in the AHL, MTL is forced to send him back to russia for the year where he could play in the KHL.

This way, SKA still gets the opportunity to have Demidov depending on his camp (and might be more inclined to develop him properly if hes not ready for the NHL next year and potentialy the year after) AND MTL gets more control over his development and gets the chance to keep him in NA if hes ready.
This is not allowed.

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
Then get ready for another two seasons of tank. I’d say they can all co-exist, no need to trade Guhle.

Trade Matheson though :laugh:
Yea, moving Guhle would definitely set us back next season more so than moving Matheson. I'm pretty sure Hughes wants to be much more competitive next season.

If Demidov/Lindstrom are gone at our pick then I think my ideal off-season would be something along the lines of:
  • Draft Buium/Dickinson at 5.
  • Have a Buium/Dickinson-Reinbacher top pairing in Laval next season.
  • Trade Matheson+ for a top 6 forward.
  • Trade Winnipeg pick+Harris/Struble/Xhekaj+ for another pick in 10-15 range
  • Draft one of the falling forwards out of Eiserman/Iginla/Catton/Sennecke

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Yea, moving Guhle would definitely set us back next season more so than moving Matheson. I'm pretty sure Hughes wants to be much more competitive next season.

If Demidov/Lindstrom are gone at our pick then I think my ideal off-season would be something along the lines of:
  • Draft Buium/Dickinson at 5.
  • Have a Buium/Dickinson-Reinbacher top pairing in Laval next season.
  • Trade Matheson+ for a top 6 forward.
  • Trade Winnipeg pick+Harris/Struble/Xhekaj+ for another pick in 10-15 range
  • Draft one of the falling forwards out of Eiserman/Iginla/Catton/Sennecke
I’m in. Don’t think any of those happens but I’m here for it.

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
I would take Buium or Dickinson any day of the week over Lindstrom...

Not that I don't like the potential output of the kid. I really like what he brings to the table and his skills are underrated.

But we CANNOT draft a guy who's gonna play once in a while. The health issues (especially back issues) scare me AF.

Dickinson and Buium could become #1 D for us so they have more value IMO.

My prediction for the top 5:

SJ - CELEBRINI
CHI - Levshunov
ANA - BUIUM
CLB - Demidov
MTL - Dickinson

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
please understand...there will be a completer and utter meltdown no matter who we pick lol.
maybe a slightly lower level if it is Demidov...but then people will still bitch about what we did or didn't do with our other 1st rd pick!
:laugh:

I don’t know, I feel like Demidov is the only player where the whole fan base would be like yup, that’s the pick.

Now if Demidov is available at 5 and they pass on him it’s where things are gonna get wild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad