HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
McKenzie's Top 15 Jan 2024 mid season, May 2024 and final June 2024 ranking comparison.

Combined Ranking June 2024.jpg

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Pronman's mock last year was pretty bang on. Only switched Carlsson and Fantili but had the top 5 players right.

I think the top 5 players this year will be Celebrini, Silayev, Levshunov, Lindstrom, Demidov but apart for Celebrini, the order could very well change. The only outsider i can see getting in is Dickinson but i would really be surprised.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
McKenzie's Top 15 Jan 2024 mid season, May 2024 and final June 2024 ranking comparison.

View attachment 887087

Nice! Love stuff like this.

Biggest movers are Eiserman, Iggy, and Sennecke? Eiserman slipping and Iggy/Sennecke sneaking in that fringe top 10. Rest are pretty stable. I'm guessing but the movement is less vs other drafts.

Man, I'm going to revisit this later after we do redrafts. I find it very interesting to try to find the hits and busts in that top 15 in this draft.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
1. If Demidov is off the board (90% sure), we go after BUIUM or Dickinson
2. We trade Matheson, a good prospect and WPG first round pick for the Wild's first rounder and Yurov
- Then we draft one of : Catton, Sennecke, Eiserman, Helenius or Brandsegg-Nygard

Caufield - Suzuki - Slaf
Sennecke/Catton - Dach - Yurov
Newhook - Beck - Roy

Dickinson - Reinbacher
Hutson - Guhle
So this is the 2026-27 lineup?

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Pronman's mock last year was pretty bang on. Only switched Carlsson and Fantili but had the top 5 players right.

I think the top 5 players this year will be Celebrini, Silayev, Levshunov, Lindstrom, Demidov but apart for Celebrini, the order could very well change. The only outsider i can see getting in is Dickinson but i would really be surprised.
Only thing to keep in mind is it just takes one team who's in the top 5 and ranks an outsider top 5 to mess things up. What if Anaheim is a team that has Yakemchuk at 3? What if Columbus has Helenius at 3?

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
Only thing to keep in mind is it just takes one team who's in the top 5 and ranks an outsider top 5 to mess things up. What if Anaheim is a team that has Yakemchuk at 3? What if Columbus has Helenius at 3?
Then we get wasted because we hit the jackpot

Reactions: Guess

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
As long as Anaheim drafts a D at 3, it doesn’t matter who it is from our perspective. We just need 2 D taken in the top 4. And Helenius ain’t going 3, you know that.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
As long as Anaheim drafts a D at 3, it doesn’t matter who it is from our perspective. We just need 2 D taken in the top 4. And Helenius ain’t going 3, you know that.
He won't go to Anaheim, no. But Columbus could very well be one of the teams that are that high on him.

I hope Levshunov and Silayev go 2 and 3, so Columbus can take Lindstrom and give us Demidov.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
You guys don’t have to worry. The Hawks aren’t using a 2nd overall pick on a winger they never scouted live over a 6’2 RD that they’ve seen 20+ times and interviewed/taken to dinner. Plus he has an infectious personality. There’s just no shot they don’t take Lev.

I also can’t see Verbeek taking a forward, it’s the last thing they need.

MasterMatt25

Nov 19, 2014
Montreal
You guys don’t have to worry. The Hawks aren’t using a 2nd overall pick on a winger they never scouted live over a 6’2 RD that they’ve seen 20+ times and interviewed/taken to dinner. Plus he has an infectious personality. There’s just no shot they don’t take Lev.

Madden’s interview made it sound like the Ducks really liked Silayev but I don’t know. Anaheim has a plethora of young D (Zellweger, LaCombe, Mintyukov, Luneau) plus Fowler/Gudas under term.

I think they could take Demidov at 3

Reactions: Frank JT

Sam I Am

Jul 23, 2003
Visit site
It's feeling like Lindstrom. Lots of risk attached to a top 5 pick but WTH.

How about rolling the dice again with the 26th? Jesse Pulkkenen, anyone?

6'6" over-ager. Late bloomer. Hard-hitting but with soft hands.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Madden’s interview made it sound like the Ducks really liked Silayev but I don’t know. Anaheim has a plethora of young D (Zellweger, LaCombe, Mintyukov, Luneau) plus Fowler/Gudas under term.

I think they could take Demidov at 3

Ducks have more forwards and they are all left shots.

All the defenseman you are talking about other than Luneau are offensive inclined. They could absolutely use the size and stopping ability of Silayev.

If Ducks go forward, it'd be a right shot guy in Sennecke and I don't see them doing that with Silayev there.

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013

I think more than anything it's the total lack of size within their forward core especially what they have lined up for the future

Bedard, Nazar are 5'10 tops each

Then there's Oliver Moore that's 5'11 and Reichel that's 6 feet but very slim

Team building is as important BPA and in this case I think they had to see Demidov as an absolute and undisputed 2 to draft him. While not as undersized as their core, another 6'0 guy in their top 6 might not cut it.

You can compensate with a below average forward core by having a massive D line and when your main player is Bedard you might as well start building that around him right now

I think Chicago might have Levshunov, Silayev and Lindstrom as their 2,3 and 4 honestly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad