• Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Why?

Honest question here my dear ReHabs, go look at the 10 best defenseman in the NHL.

Now let me ask you this question :

What should a "top 10 defenseman in his prime" draft year looks like ?

- Beating every offensive record.
- Best scorer for defenseman, above the likes of Hutson and Seamus Casey.
- 2nd youngest scorer in the NCAA with Celebrini in the top 10. All others are forward.
- Best scorer of his team and leader of his very strong program.
- Has even outscored former top 5 picks at F in their D+1 in the NCAA
- Stellar at every stage of his season. (WJC and playoffs)
- Hobey Baker nomination at 17.
- Excels in all three zone and has excellent defensive acuity on top of everything.

Why should not we draft him 5OV?

I understand other defenseman and forward have things that Buium does not have, mainly size, but in terms of pure upside, i mean, we have 1D PMD here.

If there is one guy who could reach the Makar/Hughes/Fox tier of talent, in my opinion, it is Buium. I could understand if we draft Demidov or Lindstrom instead of Buium as they may have the superstar gamebreaking potential. But settling for a lesser forward and ignoring this type of upside in a D would remind me when Timmins said that we did not drafted Quinn Hughes because we had Mete.
I see the upside but from what I gather his downside and likelihood to make it is not as encouraging as other D prospects up there.

I’d pick him after Lev and Silayev. What’s interesting is how Dickinson is perceived by some scouts vs others, I found him great, personally.

Very keen to see how the draft plays out.

• Love
Reactions: Jaynki

Sam I Am

Jul 23, 2003
Visit site
Nothing wrong with taking Sennecke if he's deemed to have the best growth potential.
I think I actually prefer him to Lindstrom. We need to find a strong prolific scorer who plays both side of the puck well.
An ability to play center down the road is not necessary but would be appreciated.

I'm really not stressed about who we pick this draft.
If we were 2nd and had to decide on Demidov it would be far more tense around here.
If we were 2nd, we'd draft Demidov. What stress?

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
There is really no need to bash prospects just because you have them lower. The only thing that is clear in this draft is that there are a whole bunch of great prospects and everyone is having a hard time ranking them. It's going to be a very fun draft this year. I think there will also be quite a few trades. Looking forward to it!

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
PPG - CHL draft eligibles

1718995049533.png

Sam I Am

Jul 23, 2003
Visit site
Chicago will suck next year and i do think gm ask their groups how the next year draft look like, sure there is always déception and surprise but next year is heavy fwd with some big skilled player, if Chi really want to be certain to have that top D guy, its this year

What's more, defensemen tend to take longer to settle into their NHL roles. Another reason for Chicago to go D this year and forward next

Reactions: Kaiden Ghoul

Picaroon

Apr 6, 2008
New Brunswick
If Iggy is actually starting to drop in rankings, Hughes needs to go get him. Teams are going to be kicking themselves for not taking him in 2-3 years. Some of the best puck protection I've seen in a young player. People keep labeling him a "meat and potatoes" guy and I don't get it. You want to talk about IQ? He has loads of it. Plus arguably the best shot in the draft.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
I don’t want to pick an argument. Your initial statement was bold and ran in the face of the consensus. It doesn’t seem like you have much else to support your point in terms of other scouts and reports.
We must have different understandings of the word "consensus". There is consensus on Levshunov's high end tools and offensive abilities. However, there is far from consensus on his IQ and defensive play. This is why his rankings range anywhere from 2-11. Most have him at the upper end of that scale but he also has his sceptics.

Reactions: rochab

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
Horrific-Annoying Thought 1: Hawks ‘manage’ to suck long enough to get McKenna.

Horrific Thought 2: Pens time their great fall masterfully (and with luck) and They get McKenna.

“There is a tank in the affairs of men.
Which, taken at the right Draft, leads on to fortune;
Omitted, all the voyage of their life
Is bound in shallows and in miseries.”

• Wow
Reactions: Gustave

habsjosh2k2

Sep 28, 2006
McCagg released his final mock draft. He has Demidov going 2 after his "strong" showing at the russian combine, and has the Habs taking Sennecke (Lindstrom goes 4th). Interestingly, he has Levshunov outside of his top 5 picks. He tweeted yesterday that his final mock was considering all the updated info he has received.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
McCagg released his final mock draft. He has Demidov going 2 after his "strong" showing at the russian combine, and has the Habs taking Sennecke (Lindstrom goes 4th). Interestingly, he has Levshunov outside of his top 5 picks. He tweeted yesterday that his final mock was considering all the updated info he has received.
Pronman and Grant are at odds this year... let's see who gets it right (if either).

People hate Grant but the guy nails our pick every year, which worries me a bit because Sennecke is probably 4th on my list of forwards. I'm happy it would be a forward, but I'd take Demi, Lindstrom and Iggy before him.

Pronman has us taking Demigod which I would be ecstatic by.

My actual, honest, no joke opinion about what is going to happen is that Demidov falls to us at 5 and we still take Sennecke. It seems like a very Habs move to do, pass on the supposed talented guy that's been ranked there all year in favor of a riser who performed well in his playoffs.

This is in no way what I want to happen, just saying I can see it happening.

Reactions: SwiftyHab

habsjosh2k2

Sep 28, 2006
Pronman and Grant are at odds this year... let's see who gets it right (if either).

People hate Grant but the guy nails our pick every year, which worries me a bit because Sennecke is probably 4th on my list of forwards. I'm happy it would be a forward, but I'd take Demi, Lindstrom and Iggy before him.

Pronman has us taking Demigod which I would be ecstatic by.
For the record, Grant had us taking Leonard last year in his final mock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad