Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 76 18.0%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Guhle? No team is offering a Top 10 pick for him. They can just trade it for Chychrun.

Well i know for a fact that Andre Tourigny loves, like absolutely loves Kaiden Guhle.

I also think Guhle > Chychrun but i think you may be right in that we wont get a top 10 pick for him

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
Final ranking

1. Macklin Celebrini
  2. Ivan Demidov
  3. Anton Silayev
  4. Sam Dickinson
  5. Beckett Sennecke
  6. Artyom Levshunov
  7. Tij Iginla
  8. Cayden Lindstrom
  9. Zeev Buium
  10. Konsta Helenius
  11. Berkly Catton
  12. Zayne Parekh
  13. Carter Yakemchuk
  14. Igor Chernyshov
  15. Michael Brandsegg-Nygard
  16. Matvei Shuravin
  17. Michael Hage
  18. Stian Solberg
  19. “Too late for Cole Eiserman” - Cole Eiserman
  20. Adam Jiricek
  21. Liam Greentree
  22. Jett Luchanko
  23. Andrew Basha
  24. Terik Parascak
  25. Cole Hutson
  26. John Mustard
  27. Nikita Artamonov
  28. Sacha Boisvert
  29. Ryder Ritchie
  30. Yegor Surin
  31. Teddy Stiga
  32. Sam O’Reilly

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Utah willing to move the 6OA

What would you offer?

I don`t think we have anything Utah would want, that we are willing to trade.

They need Slaf or Suzuki or Reinbacher. These are probably our top 3 players we won`t trade.

Caufield is the tradeable asset upfront, but I don`t think the team that has Cooley and Keller will want him.

Then, they might need Dach, but who would trade for him right now?

Guhle I wouid worry if I was them about trading for a number 3 D for a 6th overall that could be a top pairing D. It`s not clear to me Guhle is a top pairing D in his prime.

Last edited:

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
I think it would be a massive organisational leap up front.

What would you offer ReHabs?
Yes, going two-for in 5 and 6 makes me feel giddy. If Guhle is enough, then so be it, but if they need to squeeze us for Guhle+Farrell+Kidney+Norlinder… I’d dry my tears and execute the trade all the same.

Jokes aside, maybe they’d accept Guhle+Dvorak(they are familiar with him and knowing he has resell value)+2nd or later pick.

• Haha
Reactions: Jaynki

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
With all this passion over the number 5 pick something tells me whomever we get is in for a rough ride from some of you. Be kind to our newest hab.
I don't know about that.. last year there was a clear need and a potential fit to plug that need (this isn't a MM vs. Reinbacher thread or anything like that so let's not rehash it) so I think that's where a lot of vitriol came from. I didn't like the pick but I certainly didn't go on social media lambasting anyone/David Reinbacher or his family (who does that though, seriously?).

This year there's really no consensus so I don't see it being as strong or hateful. I could be wrong obviously and maybe it's worse since there's so many choices that you're bound to get people who hate the pick but.. even as a "Forward at all costs" kind of poster, I can still see the good side in drafting any of the top D as well and actually really like some of them.

We'll see I guess.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Final ranking

1. Macklin Celebrini
  2. Ivan Demidov
  3. Anton Silayev
  4. Sam Dickinson
  5. Beckett Sennecke
  6. Artyom Levshunov
  7. Tij Iginla
  8. Cayden Lindstrom
  9. Zeev Buium
  10. Konsta Helenius
  11. Berkly Catton
  12. Zayne Parekh
  13. Carter Yakemchuk
  14. Igor Chernyshov
  15. Michael Brandsegg-Nygard
  16. Matvei Shuravin
  17. Michael Hage
  18. Stian Solberg
  19. “Too late for Cole Eiserman” - Cole Eiserman
  20. Adam Jiricek
  21. Liam Greentree
  22. Jett Luchanko
  23. Andrew Basha
  24. Terik Parascak
  25. Cole Hutson
  26. John Mustard
  27. Nikita Artamonov
  28. Sacha Boisvert
  29. Ryder Ritchie
  30. Yegor Surin
  31. Teddy Stiga
  32. Sam O’Reilly

If Boisvert is there at 28, I`m keeping 26.

Reactions: Vachon23

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Is it a worry that in the MHL he plays way fewer games then in the OHL or does the points speak for themselves .

18-year-old Ivan Demidov has been nothing short of sensational in the MHL this year, racking up an impressive total of 23 goals and 37 assists (60 points) in just 30 games. He was also very productive in the playoffs, with 28 points, including 11 goals, in 17 games.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Is it a worry that in the MHL he plays way fewer games then in the OHL or does the points speak for themselves .

18-year-old Ivan Demidov has been nothing short of sensational in the MHL this year, racking up an impressive total of 23 goals and 37 assists (60 points) in just 30 games. He was also very productive in the playoffs, with 28 points, including 11 goals, in 17 games.
MHL teams play 52 games a season which isn't that much different from the OHL. Demidov only played 30 because he spent some time in the KHL, VHL, and was injured for part of the season.

Reactions: SlafySZN

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Demidov is a small injured Russian with no record either internationally (not his fault), or professionally (somewhat his fault). The profile caries some risk.
Demidov is not small lol

More like P Kane to me. Demidov has to improve his one timer to be as effective as Kucherov. How many goals does Kucherov score with that deadly and accurate one timer? I don't think Demidov's shot is that accurate yet and I'm not talking about the one timer. He's shooting right side a lot and scoring a lot but I like Iggy's shot more. He's picking all different areas of the net. Iggy doesn't have a good one timer either though. It's difficult to develop at that high level. Game happens so fast.

We shouldn't be tied to comparing Demidov to another Russian. If that is the requirement, I would pick Datsyuk. The interesting part to the Russian forward stars is I will say 75% of them are north of 6'-0" and 200 lbs. Then you got guys like Kucherov and Datsyuk who are on the lighter side. So basically, Demidov falls in that 25% lighter but skilled/skater type.

So yeah, P Kane or Datysuk are my ceiling comparables

Long few weeks coming. This draft has me both nervous and excited. We need to hit with this pick.
I don't know how you could possibly come to this conclusion after having watched him

Deebs

Life is an illusion
Feb 5, 2014
Haha, I think more teams would want Nurse than you think. Particularly teams struggling to find this type of guy back there in the now.. It`s not that he`s great, it`s more than his archetype/age group mix is very rare right now.
Nurse at $9.25M for another 5 years is not a good thing. Not sure how or why teams would take that contract on. IMO of course

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Funny because if you replace Barkocs with Suzuki I'd completely agree. Nick is an amazing player that is mostly dragged down by terrible team around him.

Ah totally agreed. Suzuki in underrated as well, in the sense that he's certainly more than the "60 points C" he's being evaluated as around the league by most fans.

That being said, I also happen to believe Barkov's defensive game is miles ahead, and probably in the same league as Bergeron's. I see Suzuki more as a Krejci kind of guy.

The other night (I think it was game 3) against the Oilers, he took a draw in the defensive zone with an empty net at the other end. He just tried to score right after winning the draw. He couldn't hit the net so it was an icing call.

He didn't even break a sweat and neither did Maurice because he knew that he was going to win the next draw/kill the remaining time. And that's exactly what he did.

I don't think there's a center in the whole league who's quite at this level in terms of bringing a full package of size, defensive play, offensive abilities and making his teammates better. He's a special breed.

Reactions: bopeep

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
There were darker days before Berg.

MT... well obviously Price was a factor, but he won a lot of games.

He sold high on Subban, acquired a cornerstone player in #14, and made the right pick at #3..at the time.

He shafted Markov.

They call him BargainBin for a reason... never wanted to pay full for Price.

He had his faults forsure, but I'll take him over Pierre Gauthier everyday of the week.
We were terrible from the late 90s to the 2000s. So yeah, they were darker days.

But in 2013 we had a great young core and a 3rd overall. If we hired even a decent GM we’d have become legit contenders. Instead… we squandered a great young core. THAT is far more tragic than just being a brutal team.

This regime has chosen a direction, is miles above at development, seems to be drafting extremely well… what’s not to like?

Reactions: dinodebino

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I don't know about that.. last year there was a clear need and a potential fit to plug that need (this isn't a MM vs. Reinbacher thread or anything like that so let's not rehash it) so I think that's where a lot of vitriol came from. I didn't like the pick but I certainly didn't go on social media lambasting anyone/David Reinbacher or his family (who does that though, seriously?).

This year there's really no consensus so I don't see it being as strong or hateful. I could be wrong obviously and maybe it's worse since there's so many choices that you're bound to get people who hate the pick but.. even as a "Forward at all costs" kind of poster, I can still see the good side in drafting any of the top D as well and actually really like some of them.

We'll see I guess.
Feels like the local media has been pretty universal in hammering home the notion that we're absolutely picking a forward this time, so I do expect a bit of a backlash if we go with a Dman again. It probably won't be red hot, but there's definitely going to be some heat if they go that way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad