Votes: 13 3.3%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 66 16.5%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 20 5.0%

• Total voters

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
I think the Canadiens doctors will look at his medical records, including his MRI images and interpretations of same, and then make a recommendation. Most people fully recover from a herniated disc, including athletes. If they think he’s safe to draft, I’m taking him at 5OA if Demidov is off the board.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Thankfully each NHL team in Lindstrom's draft range has medical professionals who will examine it carefully and unlike HF boards posters will be betting on it with first hand knowledge.
But, but . . . an ER doctor here, who’s never examined him or reviewed his medical records, said we should not draft him now. That’s not good enough for you?

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I think the Canadiens doctors will look at his medical records, including his MRI images and interpretations of same, and then make a recommendation. Most people fully recover from a herniated disc, including athletes. If they think he’s safe to draft, I’m taking him at 5OA if Demidov is off the board.

I actually think they'd take him over Demidov. I think they consider him a better bet to succeed in the playoffs. This is just my opinion of course, but they clearly value bigger and stronger players. I actually wonder if they might not have Iginla above Demidov, but probably not.

Last edited:

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
Not all injuries are alike, important to differentiate them by prognostic. Back, groins, hips, concussions are worse than Shoulders, Knees and ankles most times. But it's a case by case thing. Carey is TKO by a knee for example.
Multiple knee injuries and this is a problem for a goalie more than a forward or defenseman.

Reactions: SOLR

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
I trust our medical staff to do all the due diligence possible on Lindstrom. If there's legit concern, they'll just go in a different direction. Plenty of good prospects at #5.
Im cool with CBJ taking Lindstrom to make our selection that much easier. His back scares me.

If rumors of CHI and ANA selecting a D is true, It's starting to sound like Demidov, Iginla and Sennecke should all be available at #5. Along with whoever is left from the defenseman (Buium, Dickinson). Id be happy with any of these guys

Reactions: Pompeius Magnus

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
The Lindstrom camp provided all the results, imaging etc for team medical staffs to look at.
The problem is not that someone is trying to hide information.

As far as I understand the very nature of herniated disc issues is that they are unpredictable, so no positive report today can be considered a guarantee for the future.

When you're picking 5th OA, that's a major problem.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
But, but . . . an ER doctor here, who’s never examined him or reviewed his medical records, said we should not draft him now. That’s not good enough for you?
Yeah, actually. When discussing a health issue on a message board, I'd take a doctor's opinion over 90% of other participants. I know it sounds wild, but yeah.

FormerLurker

Sponsor
Mar 11, 2003
Mississauga
Habs need a gamebreaker more than anything else.

Pop quiz children: what's the last year the habs managed to draft a player who finished the season top 10 in points (while still on the habs)?

Answer: 19effin79 (Mats Naslund...who only did it once)

No more galaxybraining picks kids: if Demidov is available, you take him.
Why so condescending?

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I actually think they'd take him over Demidov. I think they consider him a better bet to succeed in the playoffs. This is just my opinion of course, but they clearly value bigger and stronger players. I actually wonder if they might not have Iginla above Demidov, but probably not.
Passing up on Michkov AND Demidov would be a very Habs thing to do, but I don't see Iginla being favored over Sennecke. Leonard is pretty much exactly what you want from a top 6 forward in the playoffs (arguably a more desirable style than Iginla) and we still passed on him. Not to say that Reinbacher isn't a desirable player for the playoffs, but I think he, like Sennecke, brings a uniqueness in addition to style compared to others that the Habs management prefers.

Reactions: Mrb1p and Andrei79

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Passing up on Michkov AND Demidov would be a very Habs thing to do, but I don't see Iginla being favored over Sennecke. Leonard is pretty much exactly what you want from a top 6 forward in the playoffs (arguably a more desirable style than Iginla) and we still passed on him. Not to say that Reinbacher isn't a desirable player for the playoffs, but I think he, like Sennecke, brings a uniqueness in addition to style compared to others that the Habs management prefers.
This playoffs thing needs to f***ign die already man. Good players are good players, there's no "playoffs" archetype.

Genghis Keon

Apr 1, 2002
Visit site
The problem is not that someone is trying to hide information.

As far as I understand the very nature of herniated disc issues is that they are unpredictable, so no positive report today can be considered a guarantee for the future.

When you're picking 5th OA, that's a major problem.
I would imagine medical staffs know all this, so presumably the team that picks him will have ranked him high enough above their next rated player that they believe he's worth the risk (whatever their medical staffs determine the risks to be), whether at 2nd overall or 20th. He may or may not prove to be worth the risk or the right choice, but there's no way teams aren't aware of the issues (more aware than we are because they have the full reports and presumably access to the player) and there's no way they're not including the information into their decision making process.

At some point he's worth the risk. Who knows what that point is? There seem to be a tonne of good options at 5, so if Lindstrom is the pick, you have to assume that the medical staff has determined that the risks are minimal or the scouts like/love him enough to make management take the risk. I think we can always second guess the scouts, but it would be pretty arrogant to second guess the medical staff based on incomplete information (a two word diagnosis vs medical reports and potentially physicals with team doctors).

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
This playoffs thing needs to f***ign die already man. Good players are good players, there's no "playoffs" archetype.
I do think there is some truth to it, but it shouldn't be all you look at. I mean you'd think Brendan Gallagher's style would work in the playoffs but he was dog shit in the playoffs. That being said, having a bunch of soft purely perimeter players won't really get you anywhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad