Votes: 61 15.7%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 20 5.1%

• Total voters

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Lindstrom plays more like Tkachuk than Iginla does.

I understand that. It was more about the pedigree within the family (Iggy and Tkachuk). Lots of competition in the house and Iggy has a very good development track. My hunch says his D+1 and D+2 is where he really takes off

Other than the fact that Iggy isn't a pest on the ice, isn't very physical and doesn't fight, yea they are pretty similar...

:sarcasm:

Ironically, Lindholm is the closest thing to Brady Tkachuk at the top of this draft.

See post above

MeanMugging91

Jan 6, 2016
I'm hoping for Demidov, would be thrilled with Lindstrom and I'd be fine with Iginla/Sennecke. (don't get the impression we're looking at Catton)

At the end of the day we're going to get a very intriguing prospect. I just hope we get the one who pops off the page in 5 years looking back. Not my expertise so I'll trust who we have I place to make it happen ;)

All I know for sure is the draft can't come soon enough!

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'm hoping for Demidov, would be thrilled with Lindstrom and I'd be fine with Iginla/Sennecke. (don't get the impression we're looking at Catton)

At the end of the day we're going to get a very intriguing prospect. I just hope we get the one who pops off the page in 5 years looking back. Not my expertise so I'll trust who we have I place to make it happen ;)

All I know for sure is the draft can't come soon enough!

Not much talk with Catton but if Sennecke is on our list, so is Catton. I have my forward targets in a waive. Iggy to me is in the 2nd waive after Celebrini.

Celebrini

Demidov, Silayev, Levshunov, Iggy

Lindstrom
, Catton, Dickinson, Parekh, Buium, Helenius, Eiserman, Sennecke

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I think Iggy would do really well at an NHL camp.

Question. Would you dangle this for another pick in the 8-13 range? Basically going a bit aggressive to get two darts from 5-13. Next season, Suzuki will be 25 and the picks in this draft are 18 ish. 7 year spread for the core. Still would have the Flames 1st and I'm sure we can add a few more picks with trades for Matheson, Savard, Armia, Dvorak in the next two years. Draft power would still be good.

Habs 25th 1st (lottery protected)
Jets 24th 1st (26th)

Iggy at 5. One of (Lindstrom, Catton, Helenius, Eiserman, Sennecke) 8-13. Yes, I think Lindstrom slips in the 6-10 range.

What's your assessment with Eiserman? I think a lot are sleeping on his value.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Not much talk with Catton but if Sennecke is on our list, so is Catton. I have my forward targets in a waive. Iggy to me is in the 2nd waive after Celebrini.

Celebrini

Demidov, Silayev, Levshunov, Iggy

Lindstrom
, Catton, Dickinson, Parekh, Buium, Helenius, Eiserman, Sennecke

All those players are on their list.

Whatever yours or mine is, it doesn't matter, that's just your preferences, or my own. Not theirs.

I think all this talk about Iginla at 5 reeks of Kotkaniemi. But that's just my opinion. You think he should be at 5 ? Fine, that's just your opinion.

Reactions: Redux91

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
All those players are on their list.

Whatever yours or mine is, it doesn't matter, that's just your preferences, or my own. Not theirs.

I think all this talk about Iginla at 5 reeks of Kotkaniemi. But that's just my opinion. You think he should be at 5 ? Fine, that's just your opinion.

KK was a bad pick because he didn't really dominate the Liiga. He rose in stock because of his good U18's. Took a long term guy thinking he will improve his skating. Very risky going after players with average or below average skating grades.

Iggy's resume is much different. He actually dominate the WHL and then backed it up with the U18's. KK was playing 3rd and 4th line in his draft year (Liiga) with his father as his coach

We skipped on Tkachuk and took KK. Lets take Iggy this time. Kid is already as good as Newhook.

Iggy has shown very good grades in the following:
* Skill
* NHL Shot
* Skating
* Very deceptive like Suzuki.
* Hockey IQ
* Vision/Play making
* One of the youngest in the draft and also one of the hottest trending
* Great performances at both WHL and U18's
* Compete level is high
* Ability to play in traffic along the boards and in tight spaces is great.

All of this has nothing to do with what his dad did too. Then add that he does have his father's pedigree. Father likely is teaching him well in terms of what he should focus on. You can clearly see it in his game. Maturity is ahead of the curve and you just wait till he fills into that frame. Going to be a force at 6'-1" and 200 lbs.

I actually think he's comparable to Suzuki but has a better shot at the same age. Mix in a little Newhook style as well.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Latest Athletic Mock (Pronman & Wheeler)

Here's the concern point:
  1. Chicago Blackhawks (Pick by Corey Pronman): Artyom Levshunov, RHD, Michigan State
Feels like the winds are blowing in the direction of Ivan Demidov but my gut instinct is that if it’s close between the two, an NHL team will prefer the big, impactful defenseman they’ve seen in person for two years.

But here's the dream:
  1. Montreal Canadiens (Pick by Wheeler): Ivan Demidov, RW, SKA St. Petersburg
With a young group of D coming, and a year after taking one at No. 5, the Habs jump on the second-best forward in the class and grab the potential game-breaker they need.

All in all, if Chicago goes Demidov, then Anaheim is taking Levshunov. Columbus even with Demidov/Lindstrom on the board went defense.

It really looks like if we don't get Demidov, Lindstrom will be available for us. Reinbacher + Lindstrom or Demidov looks a hell of a lot better to me than Leonard + any right shot defenseman in the class behind Levshunov,

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
It was more about the pedigree within the family (Iggy and Tkachuk). Lots of competition in the house and Iggy has a very good development track. My hunch says his D+1 and D+2 is where he really takes off
I think Iggy would do really well at an NHL camp.

Maturity shown in his 1st full CHL season is impressive. I think he just takes off in his D+1 and D+2.

Iggy to me is in the 2nd waive after Celebrini.
Iggy at 5.

Iggy's resume is much different. He actually dominate the WHL and then backed it up with the U18's.

Sooooo, Am I to assume then that @Habs Halifax likes Iggy?

Reactions: MeanMugging91

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
And then we watch Michkov score 100 points while our best forward is 47th in scoring.

This is fine.jpg

I do agree that Michkov has that superstar potential.

But just like Caufield scoring 50 goals, let alone 40 goals...

Can we wait a little bit before assuming Michkov is a 100 points player?

Also, yes also, i know a team in a close town, not far from us, that is probably eager to trade its young, proven 100 point winger for an established top pair RD. Which is probably not available anyway even for its prima donna 100 points winger.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014

1. Chicago Blackhawks (Pick by Corey Pronman): Artyom Levshunov, RHD, Michigan State
Feels like the winds are blowing in the direction of Ivan Demidov but my gut instinct is that if it’s close between the two, an NHL team will prefer the big, impactful defenseman they’ve seen in person for two years.

But here's the dream:
With a young group of D coming, and a year after taking one at No. 5, the Habs jump on the second-best forward in the class and grab the potential game-breaker they need.

All in all, if Chicago goes Demidov, then Anaheim is taking Levshunov. Columbus even with Demidov/Lindstrom on the board went defense.

It really looks like if we don't get Demidov, Lindstrom will be available for us. Reinbacher + Lindstrom or Demidov looks a hell of a lot better to me than Leonard + any right shot defenseman in the class behind Levshunov,

I honestly think (speculate) Chicago is the real risk for Demidov.

Doubt its the type of player Verbeek wants. CBJ remains to be seen but maybe they go Lindstrom or a top D too.

We will see but i think there is a real possibility we end up with Demidov.

History suggest winger fall and team reach for top 6C and top pair D with size. Those are the assets that holds the biggest premium. Every, single, year.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Lindstrom before Demidov for me. The center always in front of the winger. If Lindstrom stays healthy all season, he’s the second rank foward for this draft in front of Demidov.

We need center depth. Dach the paper boy is too much incertainty.

skidcells

May 11, 2023

But here's the dream:

Maybe what we should debate instead of iginla/LHD/Sennecke at 5 is if they to go Demidov over Lindstrom at 5 if both are available. I know I would and logic says they should but maybe the ‘unicorn’ package of Lindstrom entices them

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

But here's the dream:

Will Demidov be at the draft?

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
Lindstrom before Demidov for me. The center always in front of the winger. If Lindstrom stays healthy all season, he’s the second rank foward for this draft in front of Demidov.

We need center depth. Dach the paper boy is too much incertainty.
I really don't disagree with your point about taking Lindstrom ahead of Demidov (not for it either, I haven't made up my mind yet), but saying Dach is too much incertainty because of injuries and then taking a player who was hurt most of the year is a little funny.

Reactions: Leto

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
I really don't disagree with your point about taking Lindstrom ahead of Demidov (not for it either, I haven't made up my mind yet), but saying Dach is too much incertainty because of injuries and then taking a player who was hurt most of the year is a little funny.

Im willing to bet lindstrom will not be made of paper ala Dach.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
Im willing to bet lindstrom will not be made of paper ala Dach.
I'm leaning Lindstrom over Demidov at the moment, so I'm not really concerned about his injuries this year, but it's just something that no one can really predict.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
I'm leaning Lindstrom over Demidov at the moment, so I'm not really concerned about his injuries this year, but it's just something that no one can really predict.

His injury might be a blessing in disguise. As is sais, if Lindstrom doesnt get injured, he’s going in the draft as the second rated player and going top 3. He was gunning for a 50 + goals season with 120+ pims. If both are there at 5, i’m taking Lindstrom.

Reactions: bcv

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad