HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garnet76

Dec 3, 2017
Chatham Ontario
I wouldn't count out Parekh. He's on pace for over 33 goals, RHD, yeah he isn't a great defender yet, but man oh man, you could be talking about a 70 point defenseman that's a righty.

I watched him for the first time a couple days ago agianst London. He got man handled in his own end and took a couple big hits. It didn't faze him at all. Popped back up and right back into the play. He can skate and has a great first pass. Not sure he's a top-10 pick though

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Where you rank Reinbacher in this defense group this year draft ?
I like him better than the top RD in this draft, just because of the overall package. He’s not as talented as Levshunov or Yakemchuk offensively, but he’s better defensively. Considering the Habs have high hopes for Hutson and Mailloux, I think a player like Reinbacher fits more.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
He is a puck possession center. Demidov is a winger and Catton could pretty well end up on the wing as well.

The hype on Catton is quite something, I saw comparisons to Hughes and Stutzle and the kid just doesnt have that level of skating and wheels. He will need to beef up quite a bit too and Im not sure he has that type of frame where he can add alot of meat.

Actutally Catton is more in the mold of a Benson than the game breaking type of talent people want to believe, if he was, he would be in the discussions for 1st OV. personally I have him around 8-10 OV.
Agreed, I don't see him as a play driver. You'd think he was the next Mackinnon with the way some people are talking about him.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I like him better than the top RD in this draft, just because of the overall package. He’s not as talented as Levshunov or Yakemchuk offensively, but he’s better defensively. Considering the Habs have high hopes for Hutson and Mailloux, I think a player like Reinbacher fits more.
I dont think Yakemchuk is more skilled than Reinbacher, he just takes more risks, which isnt always for the best as he has his 2-3 bad pinches per game. Yakemchuk is who I think Reinbacher compares the most in this draft, but I prefer Reinbacher's overall package and IQ.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Well if the draft was held today good chance that 3 of the top 5 picks would be defenseman. Silayev, Buium and Levshunov all have different traits that scouts love.

Good for the Habs. There is a world where we get to chose between Demidov, Lindstrom and Connelly.
Then there’s Dickinson!!

4 solid D that will go in top 8 for sure…..top forwards to chose from are Celebrini (unless we win the lottery, he’s gone), Eiserman, Lindstrom and Demidov.

I can picture 3 of those D gone in top 5, so if we are let’s say picking 7, that leaves us one of Demidov, Eiserman or Lindstrom……we are getting ourselves one hell of a forward this year.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I'm hoping we can end up around #6 when it's all said and done (if we don't get Celebrini). There's a fair chance we've got our pick of the third forward off the board at that spot. Three D being picked in the top 5 seems like a decent possibility.

It's strange that at this point you can't really even call any of the forwards other than Celebrini a definite top 5 pick. Demidov might drop out because of his passport, Eiserman is receiving criticism on his play away from the puck, and there are size concerns with Catton. Lindstrom might be the guy I'd most comfortably say will go top 5 due to his size and tools and NHL scouts will be all over that.

Bob McKenzie's mid-season rankings should be dropping in the next couple weeks so that will give us an insight into where scouts heads are currently at with this forwards.

MtlSars

Dec 9, 2016
That's mostly my question for you guys, I think were drafting anywhere from 6th to 9th if we sell well by the TDL. What if much like last year, the top 4 picks are the offensive top prospects, to what extent are we picking a LD at this point or a D at all???

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
That's mostly my question for you guys, I think were drafting anywhere from 6th to 9th if we sell well by the TDL. What if much like last year, the top 4 picks are the offensive top prospects, to what extent are we picking a LD at this point or a D at all???

They wouldn't be. Like 0% chance it will.. but I just don't see us taking a LD unless it was so clearly the BPA.

Reactions: jaffy27 and MtlSars

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Does Helenius play with Huuhtanen? He's got impressive numbers. Maybe a guy we could pick up as throw in if trade with Tampa ever comes up?

He was accused of using a racial slur on the ice but that turned out to be bogus.

The swastika was his friend made a swastika out of books at a library and he took a picture of it and put it on Instagram as a joke tagging his friend. He was 16 and did community service after it happened to better himself.

Passing on a kid that talented for THAT seems crazy to me. Especially when he's much better than some of these other guys being talked about in the top 10. His talent is on the same level as Demidov.
Who are you talking about?

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
If the nightmare scenario happens where Celebrini, Demidov, Helenius, Lindstrom, Connelly and Eiserman are all gone when we pick I'm taking Parekh.

RHD with high end point production will hold immense trade value in a years time. See Drysdale. You just take the highest value player.

With position value always being king at draft I expect the D and Centers to be top 5. Celebrini, Helenius, Silayev, Lindstrom, Levshunov would be my realistic bet for top 5 in whatever order.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Does anyone here regularly watch eiserman? He seems to be falling out of a favour, but I still really like his game from what I watched these past two years. He's my pick if he keeps falling down draft boards.

Reactions: jaffy27

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Does anyone here regularly watch eiserman? He seems to be falling out of a favour, but I still really like his game from what I watched these past two years. He's my pick if he keeps falling down draft boards.
Guy is scoring at will basically. Its the same shit as Caufield when he was falling like crazy. Except hes not 5'6.

When you score goals like that, you're a player. It doesnt matter wtv else they say about his two way game or what ever.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

i've only seen a couple games so far but I have the game he got injured in right before the WJC camp for Team USA.

Reactions: Nedved and Mrb1p

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
who do you guys pick between Catton and Helenius ?

Catton.. the offensive skills are simply better tools even if Helenius is producing in the Finnish league.

Even at the WJC it was clear he thinks the game well but he didn't have the offensive tools to really threaten.

I'd much rather Catton because his playmaking/shooting split with his high end skating can terrify defenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad