HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Koivu11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Bob McKenzie’s list:

1. Macklin Celebrini
2. Ivan Demidov
3. Artyom Levshunov
4. Anton Silayev
5. Cayden Lindstrom

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
1. Celebrini
2. Demidov
3. Levshunov
4. Silayev
5. Lindstrom
6. Dickinson
7. Buium
8. Parekh
9. Helenius
10. Iginla
11. Sennecke
12. Catton
13. Yakemchuk
14. Eiserman
15. Connelly

Reactions: Balthazar

BoneHutson

Mar 26, 2023
Yeah… It feels more and more like this is going to be the top 5:

Celebrini
Levshunov
Silayev
Lindstrom
Demidov

Very good news for us. On top of Demidov, wed need to add another top 6 C imo. We have to build 3 lines with evenly spread talent.

Reactions: Takeru and Ozmodiar

bonneaug

Aug 2, 2017
1. Celebrini
2. Demidov
3. Levshunov
4. Silayev
5. Lindstrom
6. Dickinson
7. Buium
8. Parekh
9. Helenius
10. Iginla
11. Sennecke
12. Catton
13. Yakemchuk
14. Eiserman
15. Connelly

I’m all over the phone if Iginla-Sennecke+Catton+Eiserman are still all available at 10

I really wonder what’s the plan in place if top 5 takes away both Lindstrom & Demidov… I think you gotta get a D moving, pick Lev/Buium and add another top 15 pick

• Love
Reactions: HomaridII

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Shane Wright was 50/50 1st in 2022 and ended up 4.

There will be a defenseman run. Demidov gonna be ours by friday.

LETS f***ING GO

• Love
Reactions: Rozz and Nedved

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
More it goes, and more I think Iginla will be our pick.. principal cause is Demidov and Lindstrom are gonna be claim

He also has a really good pedigree
1. One of the youngest player of the draft. (He won’t stay at 6ft and 190 lbs. wich is already fine) his developpement curve his always up. (Catton, lindstrom. Bad playoff)
2. Has a really good tournament wjc-18 and playoff in the WHL
3. His qualities are well transposable in the NHL (score around the net, strong on the puck and along the board, elite shot).
I could see a next Zach Hyman wich is pretty useful.
I see him as a 5th best player on a contender team, so behind Suzuki, Slaf , Dach, Caufield, thats fine. I think he could be more useful than Caufield btw.
HuGo arent always concenssus pick. They will pick him, even if they could at 9.

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
More it goes, and more I think Iginla will be our pick.. principal cause is Demidov and Lindstrom are gonna be claim

1. One of the youngest player of the draft. (He won’t stay at 6ft and 190 lbs. wich is already fine)
3. His qualities are well transposable (score around the net, elite shot).
I see him as a 5th best player on a contender team, so behind Suzuki, Slaf , Dach, Caufield, thats fine. I think he could be more useful than Caufield btw.

If Demidov and Lindstrom are claimed, from all what's out there, it's going to be between Buium and Sennecke.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

1. One of the youngest player of the draft. (He won’t stay at 6ft and 190 lbs. wich is already fine) his developpement curve his always up. (Catton, lindstrom. Bad playoff)
3. His qualities are well transposable (score around the net, elite shot).

I've thought this for months now. Demidov had a chance at slipping but not after his new weight/height. The only other guy I would consider over Iggy is Dickinson.

Iginla is hot trending and very young. Very hungry to improve and he will fill in to reach his father size (6'-1" and 210 lbs). He already has a NHL shot, great U18's, Great CHL playoffs, and knows how to play in traffic and along the walls. His body protection on the boards is well ahead of the curve. His father is not only showing him how to shoot the puck, he's showing him what it takes to be effective with less time/space.

Take the guy you think will improve the most. Iggy is my pick. Won't be upset with others though. Lots to like with several guys.

Senneke droped some too I think 11

Cole E at 14
Berkly at 12

interesting

Just proves how close several guys are. It really is a deep top 14.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
I’m all over the phone if Iginla-Sennecke+Catton+Eiserman are still all available at 10

I really wonder what’s the plan in place if top 5 takes away both Lindstrom & Demidov… I think you gotta get a D moving, pick Lev/Buium and add another top 15 pick
Next best forward - Helenius!

Reactions: Saxon

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
How does Levshunov compare to S Nemec?
IMO not very well. Nemeč was my top pick in 2022, I think he's a better skater, passer, smarter, and a better defender. Levshunov could stay on this development curve which is what you'd be banking on, but I don't see it as particularly close between the two of them at draft time.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
I've thought this for months now. Demidov had a chance at slipping but not after his new weight/height. The only other guy I would consider over Iggy is Dickinson.

Iginla is hot trending and very young. Very hungry to improve and he will fill in to reach his father size (6'-1" and 210 lbs). He already has a NHL shot, great U18's, Great CHL playoffs, and knows how to play in traffic and along the walls. His body protection on the boards is well ahead of the curve. His father is not only showing him how to shoot the puck, he's showing him what it takes to be effective with less time/space.

Take the guy you think will improve the most. Iggy is my pick. Won't be upset with others though. Lots to like with several guys.

still think Senneke is our guy
if Demi or Lindstrom gone

Reactions: Habidelidoo

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013

Teams keeps their best player and let their worse on the tradeblock. This not as simple saying, « lets get a D, and will trade someone later for a forward ». Forward right now on the Market are Necas, Zegras, Laine. they are all on the market for a eeason and this is not really attractive. Having a young force like Iginla, scoring 30 goals. And + at 22 years old and be a force in playoff, it something you won’t be able to get from another club

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Teams keeps their best player and let their worse on the tradeblock. This not as simple saying, « lets get a D, and will trade someone later for a forward ». Forward right now on the Market are Necas, Zegras, Laine. they are all on the market for a eeason and this is not really attractive. Having a young force like Iginla, scoring 30 goals. And + at 22 years old and be a force in playoff, it something you won’t be able to get from another club

Well said. The bold part is the most important. Force in the playoffs. You don't want a regular season flashy guy that fades when the going gets rough. This is not the NBA. NHL playoffs are brutal competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad