HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Good to know that Kirby Dach hasn't graduated and that it's entirely on those 3 forwards that we've sucked. Certainly has nothing to do with guys like Barron playing over 18 minutes a night despite not being seen as NHL caliber by management.
wtf has Kirby Dach done other than be hurt and only produce when on the RW of Cole and Nick? But yeah let’s say he’s a certainty to be a 2C

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
wtf has Kirby Dach done other than be hurt and only produce when on the RW of Cole and Nick? But yeah let’s say he’s a certainty to be a 2C
Wtf has Kaiden Guhle done other than be hurt and never produce? But yeah let's say he's a certainty as a top pairing dman.

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
40 points in 60 games with the Habs, projecting at around 55 points over a full season, big 6'4 center former 3OV, only 23 years old and the mystery of all his injury possibly hiding untapped potential.

This is what the hype is about.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
40 points in 60 games with the Habs, projecting at around 55 points over a full season, big 6'4 center former 3OV, only 23 years old and the mystery of all his injury possibly hiding untapped potential.

This is what the hype is about.
And who is this coveted 2C passing to exactly? Joel Armia? Can’t wait. This offence is going to be bananas.

Reactions: habsfan891

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Literally 3 forwards have graduated and they led us to 5th worst team in the league. But sure, it’s enough.
I'll never fault a management team for drafting whoever they believe is the top asset. The draft isn't the only way to address gaps.

Last edited:

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
I’m not shitting on him. I like him. But he needs to stay healthy and produce as a centre before I say the offence is taken care of.
On that I agree. Even with a healthy Dach offense isn't taken care of. We need a dynamic top 6 winger, Roy is a good player but not a play driver. Demidov/Iginla/Sennecke would be perfect fit.

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
If Lindstrom and Demidov are gone then I wouldn't hate taking Buium and moving Matheson as part of a Necas trade.

We'd still have a pretty big log jam at D though. Xhekaj, Struble and Harris would all be on the outside looking in. Maybe a bubble team really values Xhekaj and he could be packaged with Winnipeg's pick to move up into the 10-15 range. Then we could end up with something along the lines of Matheson, Xhekaj and the 26th pick out and Buium, Necas and Catton/Eiserman/Sennecke/etc... in.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Thought
KH keep #5
And
Turn peg pick++ and get a pick from 6-10
2 picks in the top 10

There might be a path where you could Trade Matheson + 26 for Seattle’s 8th or NJ’s 10th.

Walking out of the draft with 2 of Buium, Dickinson, Iginla, Catton or Sennecke could be game changing for the franchise.

Matheson is a fine stop-gap for us, but by the time we’re ready to compete he’ll need a new contract and the way he’s been playing he’s unlikely to re-sign at a value that will be a net benefit for us.

Reactions: crosbyshow

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Gut feeling top 15 2024 draft prediction:

1. San Jose - Macklin Celibrini
2. Chicago - Artyom Levshunov
3. Anaheim - Anton Silayev
4. Columbus - Cayden Lidstrom
5. Montreal - Tij Iginla
6. Utah - Ivan Demidov
7. Ottawa - Zeev Buium
8. Seattle - Sam Dickinson
9. Calgary - Berkly Catton
10. New Jersey - Carter Yakemchuk
11. Buffalo - Beckett Sennecke
12. Philadelphia - Cole Eiserman
13. Minnesota - Zayne Parekh
14. San Jose - Konsta Helenius
15. Detroit - Michael Hage

Feel free to applaud or shit on it.
I'll shit on it, but only for the Habs
Thought
KH keep #5
And
Turn peg pick++ and get a pick from 6-10
2 picks in the top 10
That's going to cost a lot and the Habs aren't going to pay the assets required to get a 2nd top 10 pick.

Reactions: Ozmodiar

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Next year another 5th overall pick

“Yeah but Reinbacher and Buium haven’t even graduated, they aren’t sure things. We should take another defender just to be sure”

:laugh:
Guhle Reinbacher
Hutson Mailloux
Xhekaj Barron
Harris Engstrom
Bogdan (+ vet)

Adding at least one vet because they won’t roll with all 6 under 25s on D.

A couple of busts and a couple of trades and there’s still 6.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
If Lindstrom and Demidov are gone then I wouldn't hate taking Buium and moving Matheson as part of a Necas trade.

We'd still have a pretty big log jam at D though. Xhekaj, Struble and Harris would all be on the outside looking in. Maybe a bubble team really values Xhekaj and he could be packaged with Winnipeg's pick to move up into the 10-15 range. Then we could end up with something along the lines of Matheson, Xhekaj and the 26th pick out and Buium, Necas and Catton/Eiserman/Sennecke/etc... in.

If someone wants Xhekaj and we can move up in the draft we should jump on it.

I love Xhekaj but we need to be realistic with his 2 blown out shoulders.

I also wouldn't be too concerned about players like Struble, Harris, Baron, etc, as logjam on D, in regards to drafting Buium. Those guys are bums and interchangeable compared to him, we can move em for wtv.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
There might be a path where you could Trade Matheson + 26 for Seattle’s 8th or NJ’s 10th.

Walking out of the draft with 2 of Buium, Dickinson, Iginla, Catton or Sennecke could be game changing for the franchise.

Matheson is a fine stop-gap for us, but by the time we’re ready to compete he’ll need a new contract and the way he’s been playing he’s unlikely to re-sign at a value that will be a net benefit for us.
The Kraken is one of the only team in the league that actually does need a top 4 LD too and they said they'd be down to trade the 8th OA.

I also think they need youth still, and a RD.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
If Habs pick Zeev Buium if Demidov or Lindstrom are gone, I will be a very happy man.

Buium is my favorite D in this year draft class, he have the potential to become the best D in few years.

He would be a very very solid player to add with Habs.

He can play RD aswell.

Guhle - Buium.
Hutson - Reinbacher.

Or trade Guhle (I don't want trade him, but with Engstrom and Xhekaj at LD, Buium aswell, we need to trade great value to acquire great value at forward) and let play Buium with Mailloux.

Hutson - Reinbacher.
Buium - Mailloux.

That's insane D-core.

Really ? I could swear it was Silayev.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Next year another 5th overall pick

“Yeah but Reinbacher and Buium haven’t even graduated, they aren’t sure things. We should take another defender just to be sure”

:laugh:

We should take a dman because next year draft is full of forward ;-)

It certainly looks that way,

66 goals in 12 non conference games vs mostly weak comp outside the Hockey East teams,

vs Yale - 14 goals/2 games
vs ASU - 13 goals/2 games
vs Alaska - 12 goals/2 games
vs Niagara - 11 goals/2 games
vs Augustana - 5 goals/1 game
vs Air Force - 4 goals/1 game

vs Providence/BC - 7 goals/2 games

Still better than the whole MHL by quite a margin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad