HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
question
some posters are putting in the line up for the habs next year?
he can't come over or can he?

Demidov

He stated he is playing his last year of contract and Russia than he is coming.

So he is coming to finish the season after his season is done.

I think he already has NHL level skill.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I couldn't disagree more. I wouldn't even say he broke out this year, he's been steadily progressing his entire career. The only difference is this season he finally had 2 quality linemates for an extended period, something he didn't have at 22 years old.
He broke out this year for sure. And it wasn’t because of his linemates.

Reactions: SOLR

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
question
some posters are putting in the line up for the habs next year?
he can't come over or can he?

Demidov
He could come over for the upcoming season if he could reach some sort of financial settlement with SKA. This is very unlikely to happend and the NHL team that drafts him wouldn't be permitted to be involved with this negotiation. It would have to be his agent Milstein and SKA.

Take it for what it's worth but Basu wrote an article a week ago that there may be concerns with him coming over after that one year because of pressure from SKA to extend, he has two younger brothers who will be playing for them, and because his entire family lives in that area. Maybe this is what Elliotte was talking about regarding a team leaking out negative tidbits on Demidov hoping he falls to them. Who knows?

Reactions: Deus ex machina

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
He could come over for the upcoming season if he could reach some sort of financial settlement with SKA. This is very unlikely to happend and the NHL team that drafts him wouldn't be permitted to be involved with this negotiation. It would have to be his agent Milstein and SKA.

Take it for what it's worth but Basu wrote an article a week ago that there may be concerns with him coming over after that one year because of pressure from SKA to extend, he has two younger brothers who will be playing for them, and because his entire family lives in that area. Maybe this is what Elliotte was talking about regarding a team leaking out negative tidbits on Demidov hoping he falls to them. Who knows?
thats the thing, 2025/26 sure, longer than that , makes me wonder if Sennecke is the man

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'm not saying his IQ is not his strength, I'm saying he's not our highest IQ and it's his greatest limitation to become a 100 point player. At this point his athleticism is not worse than Crosby in his prime. The difference between the two is a big amount of IQ. Sure if Suzuki was bigger with the current IQ he could be Barkov.
Man what???

Crosbys athletic ability certainly is leagues above of Suzuki.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Not Michael Matheson? He's probably the lowest IQ player in the league? What's your reasoning behind Suzuki being lower IQ than him? You made the ridiculous claim, not me.

The lowest IQ player in the league is 9th in D production? Now that's a ridiculous claim.
Matheson is at least top 5 in IQ on the Habs, we can disagree on the order.

Reactions: jrom and 417

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
He's not even going in the top 10
Hard to imagine with the quality throughout the top 10-12. And they all improved their stock in the final stretch + combine, while he didn't exactly help his.

X factor is a team desperate for a C

Last edited:

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Listened to the latest Pronman/Wheeler/Peters mock where they try to pick based on what they are hearing and think the teams would do.

• Belief is still Levshunov goes to 2 to Chicago.
  • Anaheim may be interested in some of the forwards but the need is more on the back-end, think they'll go with Silayev.
  • Lindstrom to CBJ
  • Demidov to MTL - a bit of talk about how they would prefer Lindstrom but if he's gone, the easy decision and belief is that they'd go and take Demidov.
  • Iginla didn't enter the conversation until Calgary and they went Parekh. Most teams don't really have top 7 reads on Iginla at this point.
  • Sennecke went 6 to Utah. NHL scouts keep telling Pronman, Peters etc. that Sennecke isn't getting beyond Utah/Ottawa at 6 and 7. Always that he's going higher than they've mocked him previously. Teams outside the top 10 have basically given up hope they'll be able to pick this player.
  • They then went on to say some believe that he could go as high as 5 to Montreal if Lindstrom/Demidov are gone.
  • There was a little bit of discussion around Buium and Parekh for Montreal, but they all felt things being equal with Demidov or Sennecke there and the depth Montreal has on defense that it'd be hard to go in that direction if you really felt there was top line upside in those forwards.
  • Pronman wanted to get us Boisvert but he went a pick ahead so took Surin.

Thanks for the summary.

I had a quick listen so far and it may not be important, but it was implied the recording for the podcast happened before the Milstein Gold Star camp

MON4NHLTOR4MLB

Oct 3, 2019
Habs and Jackets probably switch picks. Laine ends up in Montreal
Ya but what the hell would we have to give up, just to move up one spot and get Laine? Pretty damn expensive I bet. Plus, Timmins is probably rock hard thinking about drafting Lindstrom and not allowing him to get to Montreal

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Man what???

Crosbys athletic ability certainly is leagues above of Suzuki.

It appears this way because of IQ, these are all trained adults in their prime, if you measured strenght etc. they would not be world apart, Another ridiculous idea, that athlete are in their prime can be worlds apart in athleticism. 1-5% sure, but they are probably 20% apart in IQ.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
The lowest IQ player in the league is 9th in D production? Now that's a ridiculous claim.
Matheson is at least top 5 in IQ on the Habs, we can disagree on the order.
Suzuki's IQ is one of his main strenght, if not his main. He may not be up to Crosby's level, but so few are.

Matheson is highly athlectic, skates like the wind and oftentimes knows when to rush the puck. He's got some IQ in specific situations. But he's clearly not the best at walking the blueline. Not the worst, but not the best. For what it's worth I love Matheson, great player.

Reactions: Fenris and Vachon23

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
In the event that Lindstrom and Demidov (along with Levshunov) are gone i'm 100% good with taking Iginla and somewhat fine with taking Sennecke, Buium or Dickinson.

Reactions: BeliveauFan4ever

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
4 top line forward for a draft is alot no??

Yeah those 4 are my best bet.

Not particularly. I think in a great draft you'd get 9 or 10, a bad draft only a couple (hello 2018). But I also think it'd be unlikely for the top 4 ranked forwards to hit, and for no other forwards to become top liners. Usually a few who disappoint, and a few who overperform.

Reactions: Benstheman

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Hard to imagine with the quality throughout the top 10-12. And they all improved their stock in the final stretch + combine, while he didn't exactly help his.

X factor is a team desperate for a C

I don't think any team is desperate enough for an undersized C considering the D that will be there after Celebrini Lindstrom Demidov and Sennecke are gone up front.

Thanks for the summary.

I had a quick listen so far and it may not be important, but it was implied the recording for the podcast happened before the Milstein Gold Star camp

Was recorded on Monday, that's correct. But I have been checking around the Chicago insiders and it hasn't been noticed that anything has changed there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad