HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
If we miss out on Lindstrom, i want Hughes to break the draft picks bank to get Boisvert.

Boisvert gonna be a player.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Levshunov is by far the best dman prospect of this draft (and last draft). I can't see him falling to 5OA but if he's there you take it and run.
There are a lot of hockey people who will disagree as there are a lot questions regarding his IQ, reads and defensive play. Levshunov is top D on a lot of lists but many lists coming out now are showing Buium as their top D. Bobby Mac's poll of scouts has had Silayev as the top D all year. Like the forwards after Celebrini, there is no consensus on the D prospects.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Listened to the latest Pronman/Wheeler/Peters mock where they try to pick based on what they are hearing and think the teams would do.

• Belief is still Levshunov goes to 2 to Chicago.
  • Anaheim may be interested in some of the forwards but the need is more on the back-end, think they'll go with Silayev.
  • Lindstrom to CBJ
  • Demidov to MTL - a bit of talk about how they would prefer Lindstrom but if he's gone, the easy decision and belief is that they'd go and take Demidov.
  • Iginla didn't enter the conversation until Calgary and they went Parekh. Most teams don't really have top 7 reads on Iginla at this point.
  • Sennecke went 6 to Utah. NHL scouts keep telling Pronman, Peters etc. that Sennecke isn't getting beyond Utah/Ottawa at 6 and 7. Always that he's going higher than they've mocked him previously. Teams outside the top 10 have basically given up hope they'll be able to pick this player.
  • They then went on to say some believe that he could go as high as 5 to Montreal if Lindstrom/Demidov are gone.
  • There was a little bit of discussion around Buium and Parekh for Montreal, but they all felt things being equal with Demidov or Sennecke there and the depth Montreal has on defense that it'd be hard to go in that direction if you really felt there was top line upside in those forwards.
  • Pronman wanted to get us Boisvert but he went a pick ahead so took Surin.
Habs and Jackets probably switch picks. Laine ends up in Montreal

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
GM can we keep the Suzuki talk and trade offers to their respective threads please? Thread is already hard to keep up with.

Today fans think Levshunov will be available? Seems like Demidov Drouin-like youtube highlights package dominating the MHL and Lindstrom ridiculous Lindros comp has fanbases wetting themselves.

The top 3 prospects and their agent;

1000005074.jpg

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
GM can we keep the Suzuki talk and trade offers to their respective threads please? Thread is already hard to keep up with.

Today fans think Levshunov will be available? Seems like Demidov Drouin-like youtube highlights package dominating the MHL and Lindstrom ridiculous Lindros comp has fanbases wetting themselves.

View attachment 885104
I know an undercover narc when I see one .

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Listened to the latest Pronman/Wheeler/Peters mock where they try to pick based on what they are hearing and think the teams would do.

• Anaheim may be interested in some of the forwards but the need is more on the back-end, think they'll go with Silayev.
  • Lindstrom to CBJ
  • Demidov to MTL - a bit of talk about how they would prefer Lindstrom but if he's gone, the easy decision and belief is that they'd go and take Demidov.
  • Iginla didn't enter the conversation until Calgary and they went Parekh. Most teams don't really have top 7 reads on Iginla at this point.
  • Sennecke went 6 to Utah. NHL scouts keep telling Pronman, Peters etc. that Sennecke isn't getting beyond Utah/Ottawa at 6 and 7. Always that he's going higher than they've mocked him previously. Teams outside the top 10 have basically given up hope they'll be able to pick this player.
  • They then went on to say some believe that he could go as high as 5 to Montreal if Lindstrom/Demidov are gone.
  • There was a little bit of discussion around Buium and Parekh for Montreal, but they all felt things being equal with Demidov or Sennecke there and the depth Montreal has on defense that it'd be hard to go in that direction if you really felt there was top line upside in those forwards.
Man I hope Lindstrom goes ahead of us so Demidov drops to us. Taking Lindstrom over him would be a big mistake IMO

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
We won’t have to choose between them, we can only hope that one of them will be available
Eh, I wouldn't care much if Lindstrom is gone. 9 on my list, but on the same tier as guys like Buium, Iginla, Catton, Dickinson, Sennecke, Levshunov for me.

Demigod is on a tier of his own under Celebrini IMO

Last edited:
Reactions: phillytennis

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014

• Lindstrom to CBJ
If you keep posting stuff about the draft in the IQ thread, I'm going to have to report you.

Thanks for the info :)

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL

• Lindstrom to CBJ
Not getting my hopes up for Ivan lol.
But if we do i'll be trolling the shit out of other salty fanbases.

Otherwise like hearing they're bulish on Sennecke, the only other swing left at a top line forward with size.

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
There’s only 2 players I’m convinced won’t be available at 5, and that’s Celebrini and Levshunov. If Chicago don’t take Lev, Anaheim has to - at #3 I see him as both BPA and filling their biggest immediate need.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
A) Chicago takes Levshunov:

Trade up with Anaheim (their #1 target is gone), take Demidov.

B) Chicago takes Demidov:

Trade down with Calgary (our #1 target is gone, they secure Iggy). Cal adds late first.
- pick catton, sennecke or Helenius at 9
- trade 2 late firsts to move up to ~ 15.

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014

View attachment 885104
You like my crop of hockey boys??? Levu kills me. I'd like to have him on the team just to look at him for the memes lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad