HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
I just hope we don't get caught up in the whole "big 5" thing this year, wherever the cutoff ends up actually being drawn.

In the leadup to the last two drafts we all collectively spent so much time arguing and fretting about putting ourselves in a position to draft one of "the big 5" and then Jiricek went 6th and Michkov went 7th.

Reactions: Toene

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
3 of your 6 arent even on @MarkovsKnee top 25 list 🧐

Michael Hage will be an extremely interesting watch for everyone this year. He starts outside of 1st round due to only playing 13 games last season. He tore his shoulder labrum in practice, and was out 6 months.

The previous year (21-22), he played for the Toronto Jr. Canadiens and put up 116 pts in only 57 games. A 2.04 ppg.

Other player who have put up 2+ ppg at that level, and their draft positions:

1. Connor McDavid: 2.38 (#1 OA)
2. Lawson Crouse: 2.27 (#10 OA)
3. Stephen Weise: 2.27 (#4 OA)
4. Travis Konecny: 2.11 (#24 OA)
5. Shane Wright: 2.08 (#4 OA)
6. Jack Hughes: 1.99 (#1 OA)

Only Konecny wasn't a top 10 pick.

The other 2, Nygard & Vuollet are already eating up the Sweden junior leagues. Nygard in particular will rise quickly. He has everything including solid size.

Swedish kids always start late than rise. No idea why that happens. All 3 can easily get into 1st round with others falling out.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
1st line potential forward with skills, size and grit?

Sacha Boisvert and Maxim Massé will be on that list.

I'd be on board with Hughes trading prospects and pick capital to ensure he gets one of Celebrini, Eiserman or Demidov. Will take a willing partner and an overpay likely, but that's the last missing piece of the build.

Even if we are filled with Ds I would consider Levshunov.

Reactions: NotProkofievian

Kaiden Ghoul

Youppi va t’il devoir chauser ses patins calvaince
Jan 19, 2020
If we pick around 9, i would look to pack it with pick prospect and cap dumb(Armia) and try to get a PPG player

Eiserman would be so much sweet, imagine Caufield and him on two seperate line

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Let’s roll it back, buddies

:popcorn:

72009559-29AC-456C-AE07-61DAFD099257.jpeg

DiglettDangles

Feb 15, 2020
Montreal

Pronman in his super early mock draft has Habs picking Demidov at 3rd.

And then I went and saw Demidov also just signed a 3-year extension with SKA St. Petersburg in 2022. So it will be Michkov 2.0

Demidov's contract ends one year after his draft, that's very manageable.
Given the Habs' track record on rushing prospects, it's a blessing in disguise.
I'm bracing myself for the same "couldn't go to Russia to see him live" bs tho.

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Pronman in his super early mock draft has Habs picking Demidov at 3rd.

And then I went and saw Demidov also just signed a 3-year extension with SKA St. Petersburg in 2022. So it will be Michkov 2.0

Imagine Hughes will take a defense man. He seems to value them high and first round '24 draft is stacked with right shot top 4 d-man

Frank JT

Feb 8, 2014
We are not better than any team in the Atlantic, only better than Philly in the Metro, better than coyotes, sharks, hawks in the west.

We'll be battling it out with Washington, Detroit, Nashville, Winnipeg, and Vancouver.

Top 10 pick guaranteed IMO. Odds being high of it being 7, 8 or 9.

Celebrini, Eiserman and Demidov will be gone, who is the next tier of forwards and where is the cutoff? Looking likely we get one in tier 2 assuming 3 or 4 D go after the big 3 up front
Columbus, Pittsburg, Calgary could go down also. Is Toronto/Boston will be in the playoffs? It won't be easy. With MSL, Montembault/Allen, the young wolfs, who knows where we will be in february?

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Yep, but Helenius isn't that skilled again; he's somewhere between Gallagher and Aho. I keep seeing him ahead of people like Mews and I go, hmm, that's not going to stand IS IT? IS IT?

Maybe, maybe not. Really depends on how much growth we see from him. Finnish prospects have had a bad habit of looking awesome D-1 and then flatlining recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad