HF Habs: 2024 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you want at #5?

• Tij Iginla

Votes: 209 49.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Berkly Catton

Votes: 92 21.8%
  • Konsta Helenius

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 75 17.8%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 19 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
Draft prospect hockey updated there mock draft simulator with McKenzie and Button list. Here is what I did

5: Tij Iginla
26: Michael Hage
46: Cole Beaudoin
66: Justin Poirier
78: Ben Danford
130: Alexandre Blais
166: Austin Burnevik
198: Justin Gendron
222: Jack Pridham

I feel like Chicago traded up two picks to take a swing at Hage as they’ll be picking a D man at 2

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
How much would Calgary need to offer to move from #9 to #5 so they can snag Iginla?
I'd ask for the Canucks 1st. And frankly, if Celebrini/Demidov/Lindstrom are gone, I'd make that trade. I don't really see much (if any) separation between the other forwards. Not to mention that Arizona/Ottawa/Seattle are all likely taking dmen too.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Always feels nice when advanced stats corroborate the eye test ;)
Mitch Brown's cards are not really what people call advanced stats in hockey. There is no corsi, or xGF% on them. Some of the stats in there are used to calcualte corsi and its friends thought. It's more a counted version of the "eye test".

It is made with small sample size (usually 10 games) thought and the percentile comparison doesn't care about leagues from what I remember.

Reactions: Schooner Guy

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
If you use the draft pick trade value chart,

5th OA is worth 484 trade value
9th OA is worth 372 trade value

So you would want around 112 trade value to drop down if not more. The 36th OA is worth 111 trade value
Because we'd have them bent over a barrel, it would take a lot more for us to move that pick or at least it should. We need to take the guy we want and forget he trading down nonsense.

Reactions: montreal

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Because we'd have them bent over a barrel, it would take a lot more for us to move that pick or at least it should. We need to take the guy we want and forget he trading down nonsense.

Well why would Calgary do it anyway.. if we are entertaining it, it means we don't want Tij Iginla.. so then why pull the trade with Montreal? Utah is going defense at 6, Ottawa is going defense at 7, Seattle would go defense at 8. If they wanted to trade with Montreal it'd be for a defenseman, not a forward.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Well why would Calgary do it anyway.. if we are entertaining it, it means we don't want Tij Iginla.. so then why pull the trade with Montreal? Utah is going defense at 6, Ottawa is going defense at 7, Seattle would go defense at 8. If they wanted to trade with Montreal it'd be for a defenseman, not a forward.

Everyone is going defence except San Jose and Montreal, who is going Demidov.

Ask, believe, receive.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Everyone is going defence except San Jose and Montreal, who is going Demidov.

Ask, believe, receive.

I think we'll see Demidov go in that top 4 and then Montreal goes forward, but the teams behind us are all defenseman desperate. I'm sure they are happy with how the draft played out as next year the opposite looks very much true.

Reactions: jaffy27

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
I wouldn't be top sure about Ottawa going d at 7. Their GM picked forwards in the 1st round in the O all but one year (Donovan)

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I wouldn't be top sure about Ottawa going d at 7. Their GM picked forwards in the 1st round in the O all but one year (Donovan)

Well, looking at their line-up, the need is on defense and that's been largely their problem. They might go forward if Yakemchuk, Dickinson, Silayev and Levshunov gone.. but they also have to trade Chychrun soon.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
I have a hard time seeing Demidov being dominant when i watch the playoffs. The guy plays pond hockey

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Well, looking at their line-up, the need is on defense and that's been largely their problem. They might go forward if Yakemchuk, Dickinson, Silayev and Levshunov gone.. but they also have to trade Chychrun soon.
Let's say Draft goes :

1-Celebrini
2-Demidov
3-Levshunov/Dickinson/Silayev
4-Levshunov/Dickinson/Silayev

I think Ottawa might want to leapfrog Arizona for that remaining D and ask us to trade picks. I would ask for this deal :

5OA + 58OA
for
7OA + 25OA

That way we still are guaranteed one of Iginla or Lindstrom at 7OA.

Then we own the 25OA and the 26OA to trade up to 12-15OA or trade for an actual top 6 player.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
No, it's just funny that some people saw Iginla's round 1 and he was the flavor of the week, then they saw Buium in the frozen four games against Fowler/Hutson and he was the flavor of the week, now Dickinson has some excellent Memorial Cup games and he's the guy we need.
I take all 3.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Let's say Draft goes :

1-Celebrini
2-Demidov

I think Ottawa might want to leapfrog Arizona for that remaining D and ask us to trade picks. I would ask for this deal :

5OA + 58OA
for
7OA + 25OA

Then we own the 25OA and the 26OA to trade up to 12-15OA or trade for an actual top 6 player.
Still get Ignila and a late first sounds good to me. Use that late first to pay down the return on Necas. I think if Montreal can get Ignila and Necas with 5th overall Habs be very happy.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Let's say Draft goes :

1-Celebrini
2-Demidov

5OA + 58OA
for
7OA + 25OA

Ottawa does need defense, but with Norris pretty much out of the equation I wouldn't completely rule them out of drafting a forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad