• Zayne Parekh

Votes: 20 5.4%

• Total voters

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
thoughts on Iginla?
Im expecting him to get drafted around 10th OV after the defensemen, I think he gets drafted before Catton who I expect to go in the 10-15 range.

Kid has an easy projectable game, but the potential remains a bit unknown, a great middle 6 or a solid complementary player on the top 6? Thats the way I see it.

Edit: Iginla with a rocket from the point, beauty!

Last edited:

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Im expecting him to get drafted around 10th OV after the defensemen, I think he gets drafted before Catton who I expect to go in the 10-15 range.

Kid has an easy projectable game, but the potential remains a bit unknown, a great middle 6 or a solid complementary player on the top 6? Thats the way I see it.
I also think Iginla gets drafted before Catton because the NHL likes Leonard/Iginla type of players, but for some reasons I think Catton might become a Brayden Point so I'd rather draft him anyways.

Also no way Iginla falls past Calgary, so there is that floor on draft day that Catton has not.

Reactions: Rozz

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I also think Iginla gets drafted before Catton because the NHL likes Leonard/Iginla type of players, but for some reasons I think Catton might become a Brayden Point so I'd rather draft him anyways.

Also no way Iginla falls past Calgary, so there is that floor on draft day that Catton has not.
Calgary could go Yakemchuk.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
We have four 1st round picks in the next two years. Some of them will fail. But i'd rather take a gamble and have 4 plate appearances. If we talk 4 times we have more chance to win the jackpot. Unless we can get something special with that pick i'd gamble and give my drafting team more chances to go to the plate.
Because the end of the rebuild is coming. One more year, and they will be making a push for the playoffs in 2025. I too believe they will try another Dach trade this year.

Drafting is fun for this board, but the real shopping is about 15 months away. C’est l’évidence. Ca crève les yeux.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
If they take another d I might have a breakdown

They should just take the best player regardless of position if they truly feel that he is the best player available and call it a day but I agree that if they take a LD especially it will not be super sexy.

Drafting for position is always a bad idea if you are using position as a primary focus and not as a tie breaker between similarly talented players.

If Hughes drafts a LD then he will be the honey badger of GM's because despite all of the public pressure to not do so.....he just don't GAF.

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
Iginla with a hat trick in the first game of the playoffs. It's looking pretty likely that all 3 of Lindstrom, Catton and Iginla will probably be free to attend the U18s next month too. It'll be interesting to see how they compare as the playoffs go on and when that tournament starts up.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Eiserman is far from being the obvious pick as he is extremely one dimensional as does not fit this organization's type of player

I do think that Eiserman might be taking too much heat and I am not entirely against selecting him as he is only two weeks away from being ineligible for this draft as one of the youngest players available.

You may end up being right but I certainly wouldn't put any money on it.
All things being equal HuGo have a predisposed bias for Northeast US prospects - combine Habs need for high end goal scoring & youth development system… Eiserman without a doubt will be their guy @ 6-8 ….unless of course Billy Ryan says NO! :sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: Habs10Habs

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal
All things being equal HuGo have a predisposed bias for Northeast US prospects - combine Habs need for high end goal scoring & youth development system… Eiserman without a doubt will be their guy @ 6-8 ….unless of course Billy Ryan says NO! :sarcasm:
Hutson and Fowler play in Mass. but HuGo have drafted literally 0 players from the Northeast

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Hutson and Fowler play in Mass. but HuGo have drafted literally 0 players from the Northeast
Both play in the Northeast system which BU & BC are had committed pre draft to attend those colleges - Eiserman is headed to BU next season, as McGuire said there’s a strong relationship/ admiration for how Pandolfo develops his BU players

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal
Both play in the Northeast system which BU & BC are had committed pre draft to attend those colleges - Eiserman is headed to BU next season, as McGuire said there’s a strong relationship/ admiration for how Pandolfo develops his BU players
fair enough but that's not a predisposed bias

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Iginla with a hat trick in the first game of the playoffs. It's looking pretty likely that all 3 of Lindstrom, Catton and Iginla will probably be free to attend the U18s next month too. It'll be interesting to see how they compare as the playoffs go on and when that tournament starts up.

I want to see all 3 at the U18s along with Helenius.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Iginla seems like the Leonard of last year. Not that they're similar players but they are in the : Not-top-elite-pick-but-wouldn't-mind. I would definitely be happy if we pick him if Demidov and Lindstrom are gone.

He has first line potential and his style of play/commitment is great.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Iginla with the hat trick and a +1 in a game that his team gave up 8 goals.

I've been on the Iginla train since November. He has everything you want in a hockey player along with the good bloodlines. He always gets to the dirty areas so you know he will be productive even during the playoffs.

If Demidov gets picked early, it may very well be a choice between the 3 WHL forwards in Lindstrom, Iginla and Catton (or who's left of the three).

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Iginla with the hat trick and a +1 in a game that his team gave up 8 goals.

I've been on the Iginla train since November. He has everything you want in a hockey player along with the good bloodlines. He always gets to the dirty areas so you know he will be productive even during the playoffs.

If Demidov gets picked early, it may very well be a choice between the 3 WHL forwards in Lindstrom, Iginla and Catton (or who's left of the three).
Yep and its going to be a very tough one. I lean Iginla but I cant deny the other two are amazing.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I desperatly need to see Berkly Catton play outside that horrible Spokane Chiefs team. I think the U18 will define his ranking more than Lindstron or Iginla. If he is not the main guy at the u18 he will drop, if he is a force and dominant that could start turning some heads of naysayers and make him rise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad