2024 NHL Draft Thread Part 2 - Picks 2 & 18 in the 1st Round

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who do we take?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
lol, dude what the hell is your agenda?
He picks an outcome he doesn't want and predicts everything will lead to that outcome. He did it for the Bears every week. He assumed naturally the team would have to keep Fields and every week he kept claiming the Panthers were going to win and not have the #1 pick. It's the same thing over and over. It's even beyond bwc pessimism.

Reactions: Sarava and Crow

Crow

May 19, 2014
He picks an outcome he doesn't want and predicts everything will lead to that outcome. He did it for the Bears every week. He assumed naturally the team would have to keep Fields and every week he kept claiming the Panthers were going to win and not have the #1 pick. It's the same thing over and over. It's even beyond bwc pessimism.
Thanks that’s so cool. I wish I was even more of a whacko

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
I wonder if Pat and Charlie are going to have Mike Doneghey on the podcast pre-draft.

Or just a Mike Doneghey interview from Scott Powers.

I always like when he's made available to the media this time of year. He's usually quite candid with his assessment of prospects.
I could listen to Mike Doneghey talk about prospects all day long. My favorite time of year is when he makes his rounds on the podcast circuit.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Draft odds at 2nd oa moved from +290 to +180 for Demidov this weekend on draft kings.

Mccagg seems to think Levshunov could fall pretty far on draft day if the Hawks select Demidov. I wonder if Levshunov gets to pick 7,8,9 Davidson trades the 18th oa +34th oa + another premium asset to grab him. In the Hawks mind, they'd be getting 2 players worth the 2nd oa pick

Reactions: TheDachKnight

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Draft odds at 2nd oa moved from +290 to +180 for Demidov this weekend on draft kings.

Mccagg seems to think Levshunov could fall pretty far on draft day if the Hawks select Demidov. I wonder if Levshunov gets to pick 7,8,9 Davidson trades the 18th oa +34th oa + another premium asset to grab him. In the Hawks mind, they'd be getting 2 players worth the 2nd oa pick
I think that's possible.

The teams below Chicago don't seem to care as much for Levshunov.

Curious if he falls on Bob's list tomorrow, or remains about the same.

Reactions: Drumman44

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020

I’d be very surprised if he gets by Anaheim

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
For starters, I think it's thought Columbus and Montreal are eyeing forwards. Anaheim has been linked with Silayev haven't they? Not sure what them not taking Lev out to dinner means...maybe nothing.

That right there could push Lev to #6.

Linked to Silayev? Eyeing forwards? Again, where are you getting this? Mock drafts?

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Linked to Silayev? Eyeing forwards? Again, where are you getting this? Mock drafts?
I phrased it as a question, because I've heard that a few times. Other than the Sharks acknowledging in a few different ways that they will take Celebrini, the rest is speculation, and trying to put 2 and 2 together. Things like Montreal taking Reinbacher last year makes it a pretty solid guess that they will lean towards a forward at #5.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Changing tte subject to our 3rd round picks #67 and# 72if we keep them and do not move back up by using one of them in a larger combo pick move...

I think maybe we take a goalie with one of them and maybe go with a developmental longer term project with the otherr rather than add more bottom six ceiling replaceable guys
Or go with a bigger physical forward but with speed and 200ft pkay ..defensive support for more skilked wingers up front

Forwardscof interest for either pick #67;or Pick #72 or both (if we do not use 1 of these ona goalie):

A J.SPELLACY ..6'3v190 C..shots R Windsor OHL ...maybe projecyscas RW instead of bottom six C...
Physicality...powerful skater..fast ...200ft game..Would be threat for shorties only.. Physical ...wins board battles ..transition threat with that speed and power and useful as a PK shorty threat..powr forward with speed...Could be more than bottom six.. defensivexwibger suportvandcspace creator for more skilkedvscoring forwardsvoff top 2 lines..Probaly not aging to be a big scorer but coukd be great support guy up front. YETif given a larger role on top lines this season injuniors maybe eve more scoring emerges from him

.JAVON MOORE ..LW Minnetonka H.S Minn... has size.. 6'4 203..Will play atbU.Minnrsota this season.. A developmental player..needs 2-3seasonsvin college to refine his game...but has offebsive potential..crafty player ..creative playmaker ..Skates well.. Athletic..tools are there..just that usually do not risk on raw h.s. kids till 3rd round which isvwhy Hawks could risk such a raw potential..

Last edited:

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
I phrased it as a question, because I've heard that a few times. Other than the Sharks acknowledging in a few different ways that they will take Celebrini, the rest is speculation, and trying to put 2 and 2 together. Things like Montreal taking Reinbacher last year makes it a pretty solid guess that they will lean towards a forward at #5.

The only thing anyone knows about this draft is that the Sharks are taking Celebrini.

We don't know that Anaheim prefers Silayev to Levshunov. We don't know that Montreal is going to target a forward. We know what a lot of public mocks think will happen but they don't mean anything. We can speculate all we want, my contention was with Musto claiming teams picking after CHI don't value Levshunov because that's based on nothing.

Reactions: ClydeLee

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
The only thing anyone knows about this draft is that the Sharks are taking Celebrini.

We don't know that Anaheim prefers Silayev to Levshunov. We don't know that Montreal is going to target a forward. We know what a lot of public mocks think will happen but they don't mean anything. We can speculate all we want, my contention was with Musto claiming teams picking after CHI don't value Levshunov because that's based on nothing.
I get your point, but I also think you're reading too hard in to his words. He started with "I think its possible'".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad