2024 NHL Draft Thread | No Picks, No Problems

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
I went over to a friend's place a few days ago for a movie night. He'd made cookies, and although he hadn't made them for the occasion I probably ate 6 or 7. They were oatmeal raisin, and they were amazing. They had pecan chunks for a bit of crunch, although I didn't even notice the flavor of them. The cookies tasted buttery, but when I remarked on this he told me he used -- get this -- coconut oil.

You wouldn't have liked these cookies, or at least would have been too determined not to eat them to find out, but I'm telling you about them anyway because I know you'd want me to be happy.
Bandy, I noticed my 21 pack of oatmeal coco chip has gone up from $7.50 to $8.00 at nofrills, no doubt reflecting increasing demand for the cookie of choice. I now realize that by successfully championing the ultimate in cookie cuisine, I have sabotaged my own pocketbook.

From now on, I will denigrate the perfect cookie, and instead pretend to espouse your erroneous views on that abomination of circular snacks, the oatmeal raisin mockery.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Overall I'm pretty happy with this given the picks they had.

What a difference from the 2015-2021 Benning drafts where virtually every pick made after #100 in the draft was a WTF selection you basically knew was a bust from the second it was made.

Romani and Fernstrom seem like very similar prospects and I liked the value proposition there in the 6th a lot more than in the 3rd.

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
Overall I'm pretty happy with this given the picks they had.

What a difference from the 2015-2021 Benning drafts where virtually every pick made after #100 in the draft was a WTF selection you basically knew was a bust from the second it was made.

Romani and Fernstrom seem like very similar prospects and I liked the value proposition there in the 6th a lot more than in the 3rd.

Even relative to earlier Allvin drafts it's better. We were typically always good for at least one mid-round coke machine - Dorrington/Gardner/Alriksson. Hopefully those days are behind us.

Agreed I don't love where we took Fernstrom. Either of the 2 guys who went immediately afterwards would have been better IMO. But it's a defensible pick.

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
I'm a little late to the party. I'd say the Canucks did well to find upside players. Even in the later rounds drafting some young large D.

From the 3rd round to the 7th the quality of the prospect is only a slight difference.

LandfiII

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Bandy, I noticed my 21 pack of oatmeal coco chip has gone up from $7.50 to $8.00 at nofrills, no doubt reflecting increasing demand for the cookie of choice. I now realize that by successfully championing the ultimate in cookie cuisine, I have sabotaged my own pocketbook.

From now on, I will denigrate the perfect cookie, and instead pretend to espouse your erroneous views on that abomination of circular snacks, the oatmeal raisin mockery.
Oatmeal raisin chocolate chip (no compromise) is my favourite of that family. I say you're right of you two.

Reactions: I am toxic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad