NHL Entry Draft 2024 NHL Draft Talk

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015

Ok this is funny.

The scouts get direction from their GM. I’m sorry to tell you.

It’s possible Dorion and staios have sort of the same vision in what kind of players they want to draft

They get direction but the scouts job is to convince the GM why a certain player is better than the other. Just like how Dorion had to convince Murray that taking a 170lbs 5’10 swedish dman was the right player to take in 2008 over the 6’5 Joe Colborne.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Harder to call shots later in the draft, but these are Sens-types for their three picks coming up...

F - Burnevik, Powell, Montgomery, Ellinas, Thorpe, Pridham, Sterner, Solovey, Allard, Boilard, Aspinall
D - Roberts, McIsaac, Misskey, Woolley, Golicic, Muhonen, Mayes
G - Gidlof, St-Hilaire

otown

Sep 4, 2009
Harder to call shots later in the draft, but these are Sens-types for their three picks coming up...

F - Burnevik, Powell, Montgomery, Ellinas, Thorpe, Pidham, Sterner, Solovey, Allard, Boilard, Aspinall
G - Gidlof, St-Hilaire
You're hired!😉

• Haha
Reactions: Cosmix

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
The first draft with a new gm will usually be lackluster. Haven't had a chance to being in all your own guys. Haven't had a full year scouting how you want. Have to go on impressions and shit from different areas than you'd have chosen yourself.

Hopefully they get some gems though.

Reactions: SpezDispenser

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018

F - Burnevik, Powell, Montgomery, Ellinas, Thorpe, Pridham, Sterner, Solovey, Allard, Boilard, Aspinall
G - Gidlof, St-Hilaire
Thought Jecho would be in consideration too but he just went. Good lists

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
The first draft with a new gm will usually be lackluster. Haven't had a chance to being in all your own guys. Haven't had a full year scouting how you want. Have to go on impressions and shit from different areas than you'd have chosen yourself.

Hopefully they get some gems though.
Exactly, although I personally don't mind the choices, it's not their guys yet

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

Ok this is funny.

The scouts get direction from their GM. I’m sorry to tell you.

It’s possible Dorion and staios have sort of the same vision in what kind of players they want to draft

Their direction hasn’t changed from the start of the season under Dorion and Boyd, they never changed what they were doing for this draft midseason.

Systematic changes won’t happen until we get scouts brought in by Staios.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012

G - Gidlof, St-Hilaire

LOL there's one.

Reactions: DrEasy

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
47104OTTOTTLucas ELLINASLWCAN6′2″198OHL

2023-24
undefined flag
Kitchener Rangers
OHL67161733758Playoffs1053811-3

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Their direction hasn’t changed from the start of the season under Dorion and Boyd, they never changed what they were doing for this draft midseason.

Systematic changes won’t happen until we get scouts brought in by Staios.
It’s not hard to change direction and scout differently for the next 8 months after Dorion is fired.

It’s the same list of players. You just value different traits.

LOL there's one.
Lmao it’s not hard to call

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
22. Luke Ellinas - Center - Kitchener Rangers
One of the most improved draft eligible players from the OHL this year. From start to finish, he showed terrific improvement in almost all areas. Part of me is concerned about his projection at the next level given that many areas of his game are average at best. But the other half of me loves how much he improved over the year and how effective he is in close quarters. It's almost as if Ellinas is most effective in traffic, compared to when he has more time and space to operate. He excels near the net. He has great hands and underrated scoring potential. He controls the wall and cycle well. He competes in all three zones. Having such a mature small area game, and improving as a skater really makes me think he could end up carving out a role. That will depend on his ability to handle the puck, play with pace, and make quicker decisions with the puck as a playmaker. I think that there's a chance that he could end up a Jason Dickinson type of player in the NHL.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle
Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
22. Luke Ellinas - Center - Kitchener Rangers
One of the most improved draft eligible players from the OHL this year. From start to finish, he showed terrific improvement in almost all areas. Part of me is concerned about his projection at the next level given that many areas of his game are average at best. But the other half of me loves how much he improved over the year and how effective he is in close quarters. It's almost as if Ellinas is most effective in traffic, compared to when he has more time and space to operate. He excels near the net. He has great hands and underrated scoring potential. He controls the wall and cycle well. He competes in all three zones. Having such a mature small area game, and improving as a skater really makes me think he could end up carving out a role. That will depend on his ability to handle the puck, play with pace, and make quicker decisions with the puck as a playmaker. I think that there's a chance that he could end up a Jason Dickinson type of player in the NHL.

That scouting report makes him sound like Connor Brown.

If they draft a goalie this year I’ll lose it!
Honestly, goalies are such crapshoots, I'm of the opinion you should draft one every year.

Reactions: Icelevel

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $175.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay
    USA vs Uruguay
    Wagers: 2