NHL Entry Draft 2024 NHL Draft Talk

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Or flip 7 for 9 then 9 for 12. Picking up assets along the way.
Yeah this would be awesome.

I'd love to see them flip

7 + 4th for 9 + 28

9 + 4th for 12 + 32

Then trade 28 and 32 in separate trades to add roster help.

Brann + 28 for a youngish 3LW
Joseph +32 for a 2nd pairing RD

Last edited:

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Trade Jakob Chychrun to Chicago 18th pick draft Stian Solberg.
That's what I thought when the stuff about moving back with Philly started. The interview with Richardson and how he knows and respects the Chychrun familly too. This is going to be interesting going forward.

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
What if Parekh ends up a more offensively talented Montour. An offensive RHD with all around all-star Sanderson on the left would be something.

Reactions: Cosmix

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Yeah this would be awesome.

I'd love to see them flip

7 + 4th for 9 + 28

9 + 4th for 12 + 32

Then trade 28 and 32 in separate trades to add roster help.

Brann + 28 for a youngish 3LW
Joseph +32 for a 2nd pairing RD
You're a big quantity guy eh.

Only way its ok to move down to 12 is if Buium, Silayev arent there at 7. If they are they gotta take one. Id be pretty unhappy if they dont end up with a D man in this draft. If you think Yakemchuk will be there at 12 sure go for it.

There are lots of RD available in UFA and I think they need Josephs speed. Looking at Janmark might be a good idea as a UFA too.

Love the Brannstrom deal but I dont think he has any value, I dont think he is going to get qualified.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
That's what I thought when the stuff about moving back with Philly started. The interview with Richardson and how he knows and respects the Chychrun familly too. This is going to be interesting going forward.
He just does not seem like a Richardson type player.

Trade Jakob Chychrun to Chicago 18th pick draft Stian Solberg.
Although I do love this idea.

Reactions: Loach

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
There's only one RD in the range that the Sens are picking, and he's not traditionally the style of player this scouting staff has favoured.
Both Parekh and Yakemchuk are in our range, and with Staios at the helm instead of Dorion, and Mann gone, I'm not sure how much past history will dictate who we pick.

All that said, I tend to agree we won't target one of the RD, but I won't be shocked if I'm wrong

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I am admittedly too influenced by the last thing I read, but having read Bob's list, I think I'm taking Senneke if he's there.
Bob ranked Buium at 7, Parehk at 8, and Helenius at 9, and Iginla at 10 before Senneke at 11. Although Senneke would not be a "long reach", I would still prefer Buium or Parehk to improve our prospect pool at D.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
The contrast between how Staios carries himself vs how Dorion did is night and day.
I was thinking the exact same thing.

When TSN1200 was asking Steve about Ullmark's NTC details, he politely declines to go into details. Such a difference between Dorion. I think the TSN1200 guys are still used to Dorion spilling the beans on everything. No doubt Dorion would have explained the whole NTC already :laugh:

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Staios said they'd listen... that's it.
I am hoping Chychrun gets moved and we get something in that range.
Listening is the rational thing to do for any player because you never know if or when another team might offer you something better or more beneficial to your team than what you have now.

Regarding Chychrun, I hope we can get a top 4 RD if we trade him as that would be optional; trading him for a forward would leave us a large hole on D and require another move to fill it.

I would not mind if Chychrun is retained and we try Sanderson at RD to see if that might work. In that case we could use Kleven at LD to provide some size and physicality; I hope he is ready for that.

Then we have to determine what to do with Hamonic, Bernard-Docker and Brannstrom. Brannstrom at $2M or less might be OK as he has played RD before and he seems to have improved into an NHL level D.

What if Parekh ends up a more offensively talented Montour. An offensive RHD with all around all-star Sanderson on the left would be something.
It's all about future projections. Every prospect has one; not all achieve it.

Sens in Process

Oct 1, 2012
Bob ranked Buium at 7, Parehk at 8, and Helenius at 9, and Iginla at 10 before Senneke at 11. Although Senneke would not be a "long reach", I would still prefer Buium or Parehk to improve our prospect pool at D.
I am not sure how you classify Sennecke as a reach in any meaningful way. 4 out of 10 scouts gave him a top ten ranking.

When doing a consensus ranking, players can be separated by mere decimal points.
You might have scores of 7.1, 7.4 and 7.8 that become represented as 7, 8, 9. You can have several players sperated by a couple of whole numbers. I remember I did a consensus ranking one year and I had like 10 guys with ranking between 7 and 9.

Boucher was a reach but anybody in the top 14 of this draft is completely within limits, even the guys I don't like.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad