GDT: 2024 NHL Draft Talk - Picked 2nd, 18th, 27th, 67th, 72nd, 92nd, 138th, & 163rd Overall

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
If Lev is the pick, then I definitely want forwards with our next two picks. I'd still like Chernyshov at 18 and maybe package 34 and 50 to move up a get Surin. I think both of them could be 2nd line talent.
Take BPA. There is no such thing as having too many good D prospects.

With Bedard and Nazar we have 2 young NHL Players for the Top 6 (logically Bedard #1 forward). We still have guys coming up with Hayes, Moore and even Greene that can become middle 6 guys you want on your team.
That's without Safonov or Kantserov. Plenty of options already.

Will need to find room for all of them and we have enough high picks the next 2-3 years. That's all without trading for players or signing a UFA to fill out the roster.

Just keep picking BPA and figure things out later.

ello

Jun 12, 2018
My super bold prediction for tonight:

Lev at 2 , a strong skating forward at 18 and mtl drafting Demidov :,(

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
In my opinion, you don't pass on the potential that comes with Demidov for someone like Levshunov. If he had the skill of a Makar then yes, you make that move but you don't take a guy with a Connor Murphy skillset at 2. I just wouldn't.

Reactions: wladyslaw

Darkstar

Nov 3, 2007
Denver, CO
Take BPA. There is no such thing as having too many good D prospects.

With Bedard and Nazar we have 2 young NHL Players for the Top 6 (logically Bedard #1 forward). We still have guys coming up with Hayes, Moore and even Greene that can become middle 6 guys you want on your team.
That's without Safonov or Kantserov. Plenty of options already.

Will need to find room for all of them and we have enough high picks the next 2-3 years. That's all without trading for players or signing a UFA to fill out the roster.

Just keep picking BPA and figure things out later.
You draft BPA at 2. Outside of the top 10 or 12 players you should be grouping these prospects with similar talent and upside, then picking someone in that group mostly on need. We already have a pretty solid dmen prospect pool and adding Lev would mean we have two top ten selections in that pool. Both of the prospects I suggested are not reaches at that part of the draft and both offer something different than these smaller forwards we have, do. I like Jiricek and Solberg but I don't consider them to be better prospects than Chernyshov and Surin.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
You draft BPA at 2. Outside of the top 10 or 12 players you should be grouping these prospects with similar talent and upside, then picking someone in that group mostly on need. We already have a pretty solid dmen prospect pool and adding Lev would mean we have two top ten selections in that pool. Both of the prospects I suggested are not reaches at that part of the draft and both offer something different than these smaller forwards we have, do. I like Jiricek and Solberg but I don't consider them to be better prospects than Chernyshov and Surin.
all things equal, it would make them BPA.

Take Lev and imagine Zeev or Dickinson drops to a point we could trade up or by miracle get him at 18. Do you pass on him because of position? It won't happen, but if it does you still take them.

If the best is a D you take the D. Simple as that.

Darkstar

Nov 3, 2007
Denver, CO
all things equal, it would make them BPA.

Take Lev and imagine Zeev or Dickinson drops to a point we could trade up or by miracle get him at 18. Do you pass on him because of position? It won't happen, but if it does you still take them.

If the best is a D you take the D. Simple as that.
If someone in your top 10-12 drops to 18 then of course you pick them, but the NHL draft isn't as deep as the NFL draft, you get a few prospects that stand out and the rest with various strengths and weaknesses. We need forwards with both size and skill and that needs to be addressed early, not late with fringe prospects like the last draft.

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
Last mock by Pronman.

Nothing has changed at #2 as he has Lev with this quote included:

However, as one NHL scout put it, “I would bet for at least half the league, they don’t have Levshunov/Demidov 2/3 on their list in some order.” That’s not a criticism of Chicago, it’s just the wide open nature of the top of the draft class, in that if the team order were different, the group of players being discussed would change notably (I’ve talked to at least one team that doesn’t have either player in their top five).

He has the Hawks taking Jett Luchanko at #18:

The league loves his two-way game, his skating and his compete. He fits the profile of the type of forward Chicago has targeted and has that profile in spades.

Reactions: Idionym

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
If only we could change the whole Blackhawks scouting department and replace it with a punch of hfboards members.

What if Demidov will be next Nikita Filatov? Who knows, let´s not pretend here that we know better. People are reflecting their feelings into opinions. Blackhawks make their pick based on data that they have gathered from these youngsters for several months. Still it could go wrong. Let´s not declare what the outcome will be. Wait and see.
As I said appeals to authority are so boring.

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
5ttbHz2.png
I actually agree with this. The report they Chicago is turning down offers to trade up too. I wonder if Kyle would rather trade down and is trying to up the price to do so by making Levshunov seem like a forgone conclusion

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
If you don’t Levshunov at #2 trade down with someone for an established defenceman like say Guhle in Montreal

#2 and #72 to MTL for #5 and Guhle

DemiGod

GoHawks
Jul 20, 2022
A whole year of tanking to end up choosing Levshunov f***ING PICK 2. No hope, it's sad to end the season like this.
If this is Lev 100%, I hope Kyle trades down at the last moment and we get Levshunov anyway.

Reactions: LavalPhantom

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Vlasic - Levshunov
Korchinski - Rinzel

The future. Big, fast, mobile defensemen who all have some offensive ability to bring to the table (moreso Lev, Korch and Rinzel though) and can move the puck up in transition.

Get another top 10 pick next year, get a big PF guy like McQueen (I don't think Martone will be available when the Hawks pick which will likely be 7-10 range) and this team is starting to look great down the road. And you still have the 2025 FA to really swing for the fences and grab that elite player to help Bedard (c'mon Draisaitl or Rantanen).

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
If Levshunov is such a bad pick, why would Anaheim take him 3 if we didn’t pick him. Their fans always lurking here checking in.

If Demidov is such a great pick why isn’t Anaheim running to the podium to pick him. Same with Columbus.

HF Hawks board is smarter than Davidson, Verbeek, the rest of HF.

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
I actually agree with this. The report they Chicago is turning down offers to trade up too. I wonder if Kyle would rather trade down and is trying to up the price to do so by making Levshunov seem like a forgone conclusion
I don't think any team is trying to trade up to 2 for Levshunov. I could see a team trading up for Demidov though.

Reactions: wladyslaw

ColbyChaos

Sep 27, 2017
Will County
If Levshunov is such a bad pick, why would Anaheim take him 3 if we didn’t pick him. Their fans always lurking here checking in.

If Demidov is such a great pick why isn’t Anaheim running to the podium to pick him. Same with Columbus.

Lot of indications they are team Silayev lol

Reactions: ClydeLee

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012

Lev has always lead the Ducks boards, who do you want polls everytime i looked by a significant margin too

People keep saying they want demidov. I think too many people here have convinced themselves Demidov is a higher talent or reputation than most scouts give him because of Forward need. They keep saying, no it's pure bpa, yet in the same breathe say Bedard needs forward help. I think there's a psychological factor happening therethey don't want to acknowledge.

The surprise I still would want is buium but I have Lev after that

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Drinking a nice morning coffee out of my 2015 Stanley Cup mug thinking about that big goofy Drago patrolling our blue line. When suddenly I look at the mug and it says “Hawks 2 Lightning 1,
Hawks 2 Lightning 1
Hawks 2 Lightning 1,
Hawks 2 Lightning 0”

Tell me again Hawks fans about how we need forwards over defensemen to help *check notes* one of the five greatest prospects in the modern history of hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad