GDT: 2024 NHL Draft Rounds 2-7. 11:30 a.m. ET

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
What the hell are the Habs doing. Justin Poirier still on the board in the 5th round and they skip over him twice

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
Nathan Aspinall for Rangers.

What a waste of a damn pick.

Great. A tree who will do nothing.

6'7 but literally all height and no ability.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Flames seem to be doing well... this is weird.

I am used to Brad and his truculent picks.
Agreed. They did really well after losing out on Iginla. Parekh’s upside is insane as well, so I wouldn’t be too upset if I was a Flames fan.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Ty Henry.

Not really familiar with him. He's 6'4" and his father played in the CFL, so he's probably just a gifted athlete.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Considering how little picks Vancouver has, everybody they selected high value point producers, really going for boom or bust guys.

No wasted pick so far this year

Reactions: uncleben

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
If the 1st round taught us anything it's that righties are way more popular than left handed defensemen. Also, Ustinkov has been inconsistent in international tournaments. I liked his WJC20 but not his WJC18. Muggli had a couple of good games over both tournaments only. I expect both to be locks but since they're left handed defensemen and their international play hasn't quite matched their league performances I wouldn't be shocked to see them fall into the 3rd or 4th round. Conversely, I'm expecting Gian Meier to sneak into the later rounds. I don't know if it's gonna happen but I think he turned heads at the WJC18 where he outplayed Ustinkov and Muggli (and many other fellow other defense prospects for that matter) by far. He's the complete opposite case of Muggli/Ustinkov where his league play has never quite matched his talent. Has always been a prospect with a good standing but never quite lived up to expectations until that WJC18. He was exceptional in all areas of the game in that tournament though and I wonder if he's done just enough to sneak into the 6th or 7th round. He's a tall righty and is only gonna get better as he fills out.
Kirsch and Lachat I think should get drafted based on upside as well but you never know with goalies. Reber, Antenen and Dorthe are all coin flips. Could go both ways. A few others with off chances as well. I think more than two Swiss players are gonna get drafted this year but I don't know how many and when the first one is gonna go.
Sixth round in progress now with only Muggli and Kirsch drafted. Ustinkov will probably still get picked albeit late. Not holding my breath for anybody else. Lachat is still a possibility. Reber probably lost his shot at the U18s. I seriously doubt that Meier and Dorthe were ever on anybodys radar. Still to early to tell but it looks like we might have been a bit to optimistic once again. I certainly hoped for more in regards to the 06 class going into the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad