GDT: 2024 NHL Draft Rounds 2-7. 11:30 a.m. ET

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Sixth round in progress now with only Muggli and Kirsch drafted. Ustinkov will probably still get picked albeit late. Not holding my breath for anybody else. Lachat is still a possibility. Reber probably lost his shot at the U18s. I seriously doubt that Meier and Dorthe were ever on anybodys radar. Still to early to tell but it looks like we might have been a bit to optimistic once again. I certainly hoped for more in regards to the 06 class going into the season.
Ustinkov falling this far is strange. I'm starting to wonder if, for some reason, he's on no draft lists. We'll see if somebody else goes. Still kinda like Meier's and Lachat's chances. I think that Lachat is a better prospect than Kirsch. Meier I think turned heads at the WJC18. I don't know if that's gonna be enough but NHL teams like those tall, smooth skating righty defensemen.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Lul @ Gredig going ahead of Ustinkov. I had him on my list as a prospect with outside chances but him getting drafted with Ustinkov and all the other Swiss 06 kids still on the board is bonkers.

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
Lul @ Gredig going ahead of Ustinkov. I had him on my list as a prospect with outside chances but him getting drafted with Ustinkov and all the other Swiss 06 kids still on the board is bonkers.
I would have never expected him to get drafted that‘s crazy

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Ustinkov falling this far is strange. I'm starting to wonder if, for some reason, he's on no draft lists. We'll see if somebody else goes. Still kinda like Meier's and Lachat's chances.

I dont disagree. I have liked Lachat better internationally since he has entered the stage. If Kirsch gets taken in the fourth Lachat deserves to be drafted as well. But then I wouldnt be shocked if no other team would have taken Kirsch if the Sharks hadnt picked him either. Its always a very subjective affair with the goalies.

Meier I think turned heads at the WJC18. I don't know if that's gonna be enough but NHL teams like those tall, smooth skating righty defensemen.
You always get a little bit of draft talk for the players that do well in their last WJC U18. Wagner, Gregory Weber, Mettler a few years ago. None of them got drafted. Doubt Meier will. But then again the Rangers just threw a pick on Gredig so who knows. In my book the sample size is too small though. Its not like Meier excelled in many international games since the U16 level.

Ustinkov falling this far is strange.

Questions about hockey IQ probably. Not sure why you'd want Meier if you can have Ustinkov though. And I even like Meier. But his defensive game is nowhere near on Ustinkovs level right now.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I would have never expected him to get drafted that‘s crazy
It's not that crazy. I think he was mentioned by Roost as a potential NHL draft pick as well. I'm just surprised he's the 3rd Swiss born player off the board.

Gredig is a late riser who held his own in the NL. NHL teams like kids who are trending nicely. He's a two way forward with a mature game, likes to get involved physically and he did surprisingly well playing Center in international games. I can see why the Rangers liked him even though his offensive potential is probably somewhat limited.

Reactions: Kuracmugger

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
It's not that crazy. I think he was mentioned by Roost as a potential NHL draft pick as well. I'm just surprised he's the 3rd Swiss born player off the board.

Gredig is a late riser who held his own in the NL. NHL teams like kids who are trending nicely He's a two way forward with a mature game, likes to get involved physically and he did surprisingly well playing Center in international games. I can see why the Rangers liked him even though his offensive potential is probably somewhat limited.
Fair enough i was more surprised to see him getting drafted before ustinkov,reber etc i don‘t really have hope for another swiss player going at this point

Reactions: Hinterland

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald

Gredig is a late riser who held his own in the NL. NHL teams like kids who are trending nicely. He's a two way forward with a mature game, likes to get involved physically and he did surprisingly well playing Center in international games. I can see why the Rangers liked him even though his offensive potential is probably somewhat limited.

Hey played well in the WJC too. Its still nuts that anybody would pick him over Antenen though. He is an overager too. Doubt he ever gets a sniff at the NHL.

Edit: It seriously looks like Ustinkov might not get drafted. Would fall in line with a few other notable Swiss prospects like Canonica, Knak (Year 1), Rochtette and De Luca. Makes you question if there is a little bit of a bias there or if its just a coincidence.

Feb 5, 2016
These players are still available:

Alexander Zetterberg
Will Felicio
Tuomas Suoniemi
Frankie Marrelli
Daniil Ustinkov
Ryerson Leenders
Tomas Galvas
Topias Hynninen

Last edited:
Reactions: uncleben

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Hey played well in the WJC too. Its still nuts that anybody would pick him over Antenen though. He is an overager too. Doubt he ever gets a sniff at the NHL.
Agree it's crazy he got picked ahead of all the more talented 06 born kids. At the same time Gredig is trending better than most of them and played at a higher level as well. I wouldn't discount his NHL chances. He's probably better suited for an NHL bottom six role than most 06 kids.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad