Draft 2024 NHL Draft Prospects & Undrafted Free Agents

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
I was watching tape on Pulkkinen yesterday. The size, skating, and skill package is honestly amazing. Nobody that’s 6’6 should move like that, but he made a lot, and I mean a lot, of terrible reads and plays defensively. For someone that’s a year older, I expect better in that area. He kind of reminded me of Zadorov from a skill/skating perspective, but his decision making and soft play reminded me of John Moore.

I think he’d need a lot of coaching and structure to break those habits, and if you do, it could be a major homerun

iirc he only changed to playing D a couple years ago

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I was watching tape on Pulkkinen yesterday. The size, skating, and skill package is honestly amazing. Nobody that’s 6’6 should move like that, but he made a lot, and I mean a lot, of terrible reads and plays defensively. For someone that’s a year older, I expect better in that area. He kind of reminded me of Zadorov from a skill/skating perspective, but his decision making and soft play reminded me of John Moore.

I think he’d need a lot of coaching and structure to break those habits, and if you do, it could be a major homerun

He did jump up two levels in one year last year. That may have had something to do with it. No doubt he has to clean up areas of his game....but he moves really well, gets involved in the offense, has no problem using his size. Just that combination of things tells me he's going to be an NHL player and he could be a home run if he puts everything together. Loved him at the WJC. I think he's a safe pick to be at least a good bottom 6 on the one hand with the potential to be a lot more.

I like the idea of our having a big and physical team but those guys also will have to carry their weight as players too. Pulkkinen has a good set of tools to work with.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

surlysailor

May 12, 2012
BK
Anyone have any insights on Miro satan jr? Seems like a player drury might take in the later rounds. 6’7 center who can skate but has a lot of work to do. Plus the obv nhl bloodlines.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If I had any faith Stiga could stay at center that would be a really nice pick. I’m probably just taking the highest ceiling Dman, who is probably Freij

Reactions: Mac n Gs

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Anyone have any insights on Miro satan jr? Seems like a player drury might take in the later rounds. 6’7 center who can skate but has a lot of work to do. Plus the obv nhl bloodlines.
I think he's a massive wild card who could go anywhere from undrafted to the 2nd round lol. He's also only played hockey for 5 years! I'd think that fact, coupled with his size, skating & HHOF father; means he has massive potential despite how raw he is.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Satan's another 6'7 guy but he's a toothpick if he's 190 as EP has him. His father was 6'2. I don't think he's going early but probably someone will take him. I wouldn't necessarily be against it being us. We don't have enough guys that tall yet. I think we need a few more or at least if they get around the ice and play well.

Reactions: surlysailor

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Do teams usually put stuff out when they're picking late?

There was plenty of draft content when this team was bad and they were picking higher. Some pretty in depth stuff came out the year that they took Kravtsov.

BS45

Aug 20, 2022
where ever its 5pm
Why would’ve rebuilding team trade a 1st to us for Lindgren?
If you read the offer it said Lindgren and Kakko not just Lindgren. The reason Lindgren is in there is that San Jose wants to create a new culture on the team for guys like Celebrini to learn from. A warrior like Lindgren could set a great example and be a locker room leader with Goodrow.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
If you read the offer it said Lindgren and Kakko not just Lindgren. The reason Lindgren is in there is that San Jose wants to create a new culture on the team for guys like Celebrini to learn from. A warrior like Lindgren could set a great example and be a locker room leader with Goodrow.
I read it. It's unrealistic.

Now, think back to when the Rangers were rebuilding.

How would you have felt about them trading a 1st round pick for an underwhelming draft choice, and a veteran who will need a contract, because he can be a "locker room leader?"

Or would you make the pick or trade up, then overpay a guy like Goodrow?

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
We could have one of our scouts come out I suppose and settle on 5 guys to profile that we'd hope would be around at 30 and they could all be gone by the time our pick comes around and then we don't pick again until the 4th round. For me apart from that 1st rounder who could be any one of say 20 different guys there's not all that much for us to be excited about unless the Rangers make a trade leading into the draft or at the draft to pick up more picks and who the hell knows if that's going to happen. Chances are nothing all that significant will happen as far as that goes so who gives a f***.

surlysailor

May 12, 2012
BK

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I know next to nothing but def intriguing to possibly nab a guy who put up over 100 points in the late 2nd to early 4th round (according to EP) Def worth the gamble if NYR get into that area.
I'd like to know what his major flaw is that he isn't even ranked by some. A 18 year old scoring almost 60 goals, and 111 points and doesn't even get in McKenzies top 100?

Reactions: surlysailor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad