2024 NHL Draft: Play with no weenie, for Celebrini

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Something tells me that the Wild will pick MBN if he's available, even though he's talking more about other teams. Guerin guy, power forward who shoots missiles, looks NHL ready, also clicked with Zucc at the Worlds.

For argument's sake, let's say the Wild draft MBN...do you honestly believe Zucc will still be on the roster by the time he's ready to make his NHL debut?

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I sure hope they aren't basing any draft picks on their ability to play with Zuccarello.
Not my point. It just shows that despite being only 18, he can already play with, and play against NHL players.

For argument's sake, let's say the Wild draft MBN...do you honestly believe Zucc will still be on the roster by the time he's ready to make his NHL debut?
No

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
i keep saying greentree because he fits what billy's looking for. i'll repeat sennecke only had a good 2nd half season and playoffs not a full season. what if greentree is the next vanek slow but scores a ton?
What is Guerin looking for? Big and slow?

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
How many folks value the WC viewings? Example taking a guy like Stolberg > Parekh. I would have to say Stolberg is the much safer pick proving he can play among pros.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
i keep saying greentree because he fits what billy's looking for. i'll repeat sennecke only had a good 2nd half season and playoffs not a full season. what if greentree is the next vanek slow but scores a ton?
Again, I like Greentree, but he is a slow'ish skater, and isn't physical, even though he's a fairly big body. He's all about skill, and seems to be pretty smart. Being bigger will help him, but he's not the guy who is going to go around and bang bodies, like Foligno and Duhaime. I was kind of surprised that Guerin traded Duhaime for so little. Might not of scored, but he was fast, physical, and didn't take stupid penalties.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
How many folks value the WC viewings? Example taking a guy like Stolberg > Parekh. I would have to say Stolberg is the much safer pick proving he can play among pros.
Parekh for me. Higher ceiling is always better in the first round. At least for me.
The grinders and bruisers are for later rounds.

Reactions: keppel146

Wabit

May 23, 2016

I put very little stock in the WC viewings.

Again, I like Greentree, but he is a slow'ish skater, and isn't physical, even though he's a fairly big body. He's all about skill, and seems to be pretty smart. Being bigger will help him, but he's not the guy who is going to go around and bang bodies, like Foligno and Duhaime. I was kind of surprised that Guerin traded Duhaime for so little. Might not of scored, but he was fast, physical, and didn't take stupid penalties.

Getting a 3rd for Duhaime was a fair deal. He hits people and goes fast, but that's it. He doesn't have much for puck skills, isn't a good facepuncher, and is a rental. He's a nice guy to have on your team, but he's more of a roster filler than an needed player.

Greentree's skating issues look like something that is fixable (stride, edgework, and initial jump) and that should get him into that average NHL speed range. I think the physical aspect is something can add to his game as he develops and fixes his skating. Not a Foligno heavy physical but maybe more of a Tuch or Nino physical range of physical?

Reactions: keppel146

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
is boldy really that much faster than greentree ? im trying to prepare for billy doubling down you should to. i hope judd makes the pick. picture this billy pounding the table shouting "i want bigger"

Wabit

May 23, 2016
is boldy really that much faster than greentree ? im trying to prepare for billy doubling down you should to. i hope judd makes the pick. picture this billy pounding the table shouting "i want bigger"

This really isn't a "small" draft class (listed size at least) as far as the top ~25 go. There are arguments for/against several players that look to be available when the Wild pick. I don;t think MN will get lucky and have another no-brainer Boldy type of player fall into their lap.

It's overall skating, not just one thing for Greentree. Edge work, acceleration, and overall form need work. If he fixes those then he'll gain some speed, but I have no clue how much.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Something tells me that the Wild will pick MBN if he's available, even though he's talking more about other teams. Guerin guy, power forward who shoots missiles, looks NHL ready, also clicked with Zucc at the Worlds.
I've been thinking he's a Guerin-type for a while now, and I'd be ok with his selection. The Zuccarello thing probably doesn't matter. By the time he makes the Wild full-time, Zuccarello will be gone or on his way out.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I’m not enamored with Boldy’s skating.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Neither am I, but I think that having a player like Kap on the team makes everyone's skating look a bit worse than it really is.
Not sure I complete agree with that. Boldy tends to do better when he has a faster player on his line (Fiala, Johansson, now Kaprizov).
This really isn't a "small" draft class (listed size at least) as far as the top ~25 go. There are arguments for/against several players that look to be available when the Wild pick. I don;t think MN will get lucky and have another no-brainer Boldy type of player fall into their lap.

It's overall skating, not just one thing for Greentree. Edge work, acceleration, and overall form need work. If he fixes those then he'll gain some speed, but I have no clue how much.
There are like two players out of the top 15 that are under 6’ tall, Catton and Helenius. They’re both 5’11”. All of the guys I would want at 13 are pretty big:
Sennecke 6’3”
Yakemchuk 6’3”
Brandsegg-Nygard 6’1”
Eiserman 6’0”

While I don’t think size is more important than skill, size is still important and we could definitely use it. Especially if we plan to keep small players like Rossi and Khusnutdinov long term.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Not sure I complete agree with that. Boldy tends to do better when he has a faster player on his line (Fiala, Johansson, now Kaprizov).

I attribute that more to Boldy being a complimentary player, not a line driver. That is a mentality/personality thing more than a skill size thing to me.

His skating isn't great, but he's at least NHL average. There is room for improvement, but the same could be said for most players. He's not the Reeves and Benn type of pylons we've seen in the past by any means.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Celebrini
Demidov
Catton
Iginla
Lindstrom
Eiserman
Levshunov
Buium
Dickinson
Silayev
Yakemchuk
Parekh

Hypothetical question. The list of players above are all off the board at #13, which player available would you be the least surprised if they ended up a legit line-driving top line F/top pair D? I think my pick Artamonov.

Also, there are 3 trade down scenarios that I potentially like:

Down to #15 for Detroit's 2nd (#47), down to #16 for STL's 2nd round pick (#48) and down to #18 for Chicago's 2nd round pick #34. Anybody do any of these if these are the first 12 off the board? Sub Helenius with Eiserman if you're not a big Eiserman fan.
Sennecke easy for me

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Sennecke easy for me
I have gone over to the Sennecke side, and am getting pretty irrational about it. It's just that he does some crazy stuff on the ice, AND you can see there is all sorts of room to improve, once he stops growing and gets his body and coordination sorted out. Right now he is making plays while falling over....it's almost like his toughest opponent on the ice is himself.

I can see him being fast and strong once he fully matures. He already has a nice shot, vg skills, vg vision, and a crazy imagination. Ceiling would be a faster, bigger Boldy, which would be one hell of a player.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I have gone over to the Sennecke side, and am getting pretty irrational about it. It's just that he does some crazy stuff on the ice, AND you can see there is all sorts of room to improve, once he stops growing and gets his body and coordination sorted out. Right now he is making plays while falling over....it's almost like his toughest opponent on the ice is himself.

I can see him being fast and strong once he fully matures. He already has a nice shot, vg skills, vg vision, and a crazy imagination. Ceiling would be a faster, bigger Boldy, which would be one hell of a player.
I don’t think he sees the I’ve quite as well as bolds but he’s faster fs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad