2024 NHL Draft Picks 14, 42, 43, 76, 108, 109, 161, 172, 204 (Draft on 6/28 and 6/29)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I wish Baker would have expanded on his hot take that he liked Hage more than Sennecke. It’s a spicy one given how high the latter might be going tonight.

Reactions: Jacob582

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
@Ace who is the prospect you don’t like in the early first round? I usually like the same guys you do
Early like the guys who are going to go top ten? There really isn’t one. After that I am out on Eiserman but acknowledge he could definitely end up a great scorer. I more don’t like him for us. Not the biggest Yakemchuk fan either but I’d understand the pick.

Last year there were several players I didn’t like probably because I was so passionate about a few guys. This year…I think there’s just a lot of solid prospects many of which have assets we could use in our pipeline.

I like Iginla and Catton a lot but not enough to be bummed when they go ahead of us. I’m very into MBN at 14 and am intrigued enough by Luchanko, Hage or Chernyshov to be excited by them if we went there. I don’t know enough about Solberg. Jiricek is a risk but I’d get it too. Not into Connelly for purely off ice reasons. Very much do not want him. Helenius is my kind of player and who I probably would have ended up wanting them to take at 11 if he was there when we were on the clock. Or Catton. I don’t care. I can’t quit my undersized WHL high effort skill guys. But again…not enough to be bummed if we take a MBN or one of those other guys. Not into Greentree as much.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Early like the guys who are going to go top ten? There really isn’t one. After that I am out on Eiserman but acknowledge he could definitely end up a great scorer. I more don’t like him for us. Not the biggest Yakemchuk fan either but I’d understand the pick.

Last year there were several players I didn’t like probably because I was so passionate about a few guys. This year…I think there’s just a lot of solid prospects many of which have assets we could use in our pipeline.

I like Iginla and Catton a lot but not enough to be bummed when they go ahead of us. I’m very into MBN at 14 and am intrigued enough by Luchanko, Hage or Chernyshov to be excited by them if we went there. I don’t know enough about Solberg. Jiricek is a risk but I’d get it too. Not into Connelly for purely off ice reasons. Very much do not want him. Helenius is my kind of player and who I probably would have ended up wanting them to take at 11 if he was there when we were on the clock. Or Catton. I don’t care. I can’t quit my undersized WHL high effort skill guys. But again…not enough to be bummed if we take a MBN or one of those other guys. Not into Greentree as much.
It's funny, that poll went up and I liked MBN at 11. Still like him at 15. I just think getting a guy that can put his head down and plow through lanes with first round upside is exactly the guy Sabres grab since he's not going to jump some of your other prospects - longer development cycle and he's going to play in Europe one more year. Anyone of the other offensive guys could push your bloated prospect pool out.

Played pro the year before his draft. "Built like a pro, plays like a pro."

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
It's funny, that poll went up and I liked MBN at 11. Still like him at 15. I just think getting a guy that can put his head down and plow through lanes with first round upside is exactly the guy Sabres grab since he's not going to jump some of your other prospects - longer development cycle and he's going to play in Europe one more year. Anyone of the other offensive guys could push your bloated prospect pool out.

Played pro the year before his draft. "Built like a pro, plays like a pro."
Baker seemed to think that they would have at least heavily considered him at 11 too

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Alright I’m about to head out to watch the draft at my friend’s house which has brought me much luck the last two years since they have been taking who I wanted when they’re on the clock 3 of the last 4 times (I wanted Kulich at 16…nothing against Ostlund. And they were proven right when Jiri fell all the way to 28).

Enjoy the draft everyone.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Baker seemed to think that they would have at least heavily considered him at 11 too
I just don't understand what's happened to development where so few players have that kind of game anymore. The teams that still find those guys and develop them, or can get them through trades, are the ones that win.

I actually think they are weeding them out of the game too young. The big/tough kids tend to fall behind in development between the ages of like 10-14. Those are critical years to develop at a sport.

Reactions: HOOats
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad