2024 NHL Draft Picks 14, 42, 43, 76, 108, 109, 161, 172, 204 (Draft on 6/28 and 6/29)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I love love love love the value that we extracted from San Jose. Get pick 42 to slide down 3 spots in a draft where there's a bunch of 15ish prospects all rated similarly? Love it.

Now......let's see Adams do some moving of either picks, prospects or both to help the NHL roster.

'Cuz if we just traded down before the draft to get an extra 2nd, I don't see the point.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
I love love love love the value that we extracted from San Jose. Get pick 42 to slide down 3 spots in a draft where there's a bunch of 15ish prospects all rated similarly? Love it.

Now......let's see Adams do some moving of either picks, prospects or both to help the NHL roster.

'Cuz if we just traded down before the draft to get an extra 2nd, I don't see the point.
Could use one of the later picks plus one of the 2nds to move up in the 2nd round if there is a player on the board they an enamored by.

Reactions: Samsonite23

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Now that I’m home I can get all my random thoughts on the trade down out.

1. You take this deal every time. It’s a no brainer. It’s almost better it happened before the draft because it eliminates emotion when on the clock. You shouldn’t fall in love with any particular guy who will be there at 11 that won’t be at 14. Really.

2. I think Grier is after a D. It took me a while to apply the logic of what we were trading away from potentially drafting to why Grier moves up. One of those consensus “top 6” D in the class is going to be there at 11. Very good chance none were at 14. It’s a move you make because you want to walk out with the top forward and one of those D.

3. This obviously puts MBN firmly in play if he’s there. I wonder if they like Jiricek. I’ve wondered that for over a year now. I more recently wonder about Luchanko. A riser with speed, IQ and compete all over.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
I didn’t even realize adding the 2nd gives us back to back picks, I would be more excited about that if I thought there was even the slightest chance we’re not trading one of them.

PatLaFontaineASMR

Jul 9, 2014
Parts Unkown
I think it's fairly realistic that either Helenius or Catton will be there at 14.

I believe Adams knows who the Sharks will take & it's not a prospect he was interested in. My guess is Grier wants to reunite Celebrini & Eiserman.

Flyers are a bit of a wildcard. Think they go with one of Helenius/Catton or Yakemchuk.

Wild reportedly are looking for more size down the middle. I think that crosses off Helenius/Catton since they already have Rossi.

Sabres can be at 14 choosing between Helenius or Catton. Likely two guys they would've selected at 11 anyways.

Reactions: elchud

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
One way or another, we'll know later today what the outcome is for pick 14.

Many will be happy.

Many will be angry.

Either way, we'll have plenty of time to argue over everything for the next 2+ months. :help:

Reactions: Dingo44

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Baker did his Eiserman sell job before telling us the 2 guys he liked for us.

First was Helenius who he doesn’t believe will make it to 14 and didn’t think should even make it to 11 (but probably will)

The second guy, and he prefaced it by calling him the guy he thinks were going to take (said it twice for emphasis) is MBN. Said he thought they’d think about it at 11 and now it’s a no brainer.

I just wonder if Minnesota isn’t on him. Or if Detroit wouldn’t try to leap us for him.

He also said his hot take is that he likes Hage more than Sennecke and 14 is when you start thinking about it. But MBN is #1 for him

Last edited:

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Assuming we keep these picks, here's what I'd be happy with in the draft, going with likely-to-be-available at each spot

14. B Nygard
42. Gridin
43. Freij
76. Nabokov

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Jiricek is a big roll of the dice as he missed most of the year after blowing out his knee. Luchanko is OK, he's not very exciting at 14, mid 20s sure
So, overall, Jiricek would be a good choice?

He himself said that his older brother has a better shot and is a more offensive defenseman. Adam skates better and is a more two-way defenseman than David.

Reactions: Old Navy Goat

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
So, overall, Jiricek would be a good choice?

He himself said that his older brother has a better shot and is a more offensive defenseman. Adam skates better and is a more two-way defenseman than David.
It all depends on his medical records. Before the season he was looked at as a top 10 pick, thought to be on par with the other too D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad