2024 NHL Draft Picks 14, 42, 43, 76, 108, 109, 161, 172, 204 (Draft on 6/28 and 6/29)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
Right, figured it was as simple as such.

I do think 1/3 of the league passing on him would throw a wrench in the theory of Dickinson as some kind of NHL savings bond that can only steadily appreciate in value.

It's the opposite of Benson, who slipped as a small guy at a devalued position. If every GM craves large D pause then someone should grab him before us. If he slips, it's because he's regarded as lacking standout traits expected in a top D 10. Safe LHD should be more in the 15-30 range for me.

If GMs subscribe to your theory and he's still on the board at 11, I'd rather trade back 4-7 spots instead of drafting and waiting to use him as an asset.
Keep in mind that slipping a bit inside of a perceived draft tier isn't always an indictment on a player's value though. Dickenson has an extremely high floor, but there is a question of whether his ceiling is as high as some of the other D in the draft, which may lead teams to gamble on another prospect.

LHD vs RHD or Center is also a big factor in this crop of 2-14 picks. A team may even view Dickinson slightly higher than another prospect they ultimately select because they view them close enough that they decide to draft for need over the slight BPA edge Dickinson may have. That doesn't mean that those teams still wouldn't love to add Dickinson as well though.

It isn't until prospects start slipping out of their perceived draft tier or drop rounds before the value takes a serious hit, imo.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
With Adams mentioning the possibility moving back in the draft a few times now who are some of the boards favorite picks say 16-31, and in the 2nd round also which has not been talked about much ?

• Wow
Reactions: Ralonzo

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
A bit of a Schrödinger’s Cat trade.

It’s excellent value in a draft where I firmly believe you are getting the same tier of player at 11 as you are at 14

But also, without knowing who is on the board at 11, my fear of ending up with Eiserman goes up exponentially and I hate it.

One thing is clear…they don’t care about getting one of those “top 6” D. Not that one couldn’t be at 14. But one was definitely there at 11

Could be a big win for MBN guys though

A 2nd is great value for moving down 3 spots.
Especially in this draft. Don’t move past about 17 and you’re getting the same value as 11 to me anyway

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Cheers Grier

He just picked up a free 2nd AND a defenseman from the Wings. I'm sure he's fine with the Celebrini-Eiserman draftees and getting Walman on his blueline. The Sharks went from 42 to 53 in that deal so the net is still picking in the 2nd round but making sure he can take a swing at Celebrini's bestie AND adds Walman.

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
New possible mock:

1. Celebrini
2. Demidov
3. Levshunov
4. Lindstrom
5. Buium
6. Silayev
7. Dickinson
8. Parekh
9. Iginla
10. Helenius
11. Eiserman
12. Catton
13. Sennecke

Gives us the choice of Yakemchuk, MBN, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad