2024 NHL Draft Picks 14, 42, 43, 76, 108, 109, 161, 172, 204 (Draft on 6/28 and 6/29)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Hearing Tony Ferrari from THN talk about putting MBN into his 6-10 range (closer to 6) makes me sad. Still want that kid most.
Interesting (sorry). Who might that push down to us?

Before seeing your post I came to say that I'm worried that Dickinson is the one who slides and I don't want him at all. Though I saw someone hyping him up at #2 the other day, so who knows.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
It’s impossible to predict who falls for a late riser this year. Last year we knew Benson would be the one because he’s so small…but getting to 13 was still absurd and it’s completely obvious now.

It depends on if teams think Catton will be a center in the NHL. If one team from 5-10 does…he’s going. If none does (or has their heart set on D) he’d be my pick to drop.

I think Sennecke will be there either way. Feels like his hype came too early and will settle back into the 11-15 range to me. I buy the MBN rise as the one that sticks.

Like I’ve said before…there are so many quality answers here I haven’t found myself overly attached to any of them. Get one of those consensus six D. Great. Get any number of forwards that brings a different element than we have in the pipeline. Great. Something is going to be there. The numbers make it impossible to not have our choice of a few options we could dearly use.

I’ve had pound the table guys the last couple years (and they’ve drafted a couple of them…even if they made me sweat it out to 28 once). It’s not happening this time. I just see four or five people that will be on the board that I’d be happy with. Which wasn’t the case at 13 last year or 9 two years ago

Reactions: ceky

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
IMO I think that .most teams picking high will be realistic about where they'll probably pick again next year. Doing so you have a slew of top flight defensemen with a bunch of decent forwards. Right now next year looks like forward central with several franchise potentials, and a few star potential. Thinking that way, you're better grabbing a D early for development and roll the dice on a superstar next year

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Interesting (sorry). Who might that push down to us?

Before seeing your post I came to say that I'm worried that Dickinson is the one who slides and I don't want him at all. Though I saw someone hyping him up at #2 the other day, so who knows.
Hm why? I think he's one of the best defenders in the draft.

Reactions: rams

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Hm why? I think he's one of the best defenders in the draft.
Just personal preference. Adding an all-arounder LHD to our pool doesn't move the needle for me. He's obviously rated as such by people who do this for a living, I'd just prefer someone take him before us.

I'm dead set on taking a swing at a high upside forward after watching these playoffs. We still need way more impact guys up front compared to these teams.

A center would be ideal. Anyone have thoughts on Michael Hage? Crazy at 11? I'd love to see the highest that a team has him on their board.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Just personal preference. Adding an all-arounder LHD to our pool doesn't move the needle for me. He's obviously rated as such by people who do this for a living, I'd just prefer someone take him before us.

I'm dead set on taking a swing at a high upside forward after watching these playoffs. We still need way more impact guys up front compared to these teams.

A center would be ideal. Anyone have thoughts on Michael Hage? Crazy at 11? I'd love to see the highest that a team has him on their board.
Hage at 11 would be viewed as a reach. But, like so many guys that are deemed reaches on draft night, if they develop, nobody will care where they were picked.

People thought the Red Wings reached when they took Seider at 6OV. But, he leads all D in the 2019 Draft in NHL scoring to this point and by a wide margin.

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Hage at 11 would be viewed as a reach. But, like so many guys that are deemed reaches on draft night, if they develop, nobody will care where they were picked.

People thought the Red Wings reached when they took Seider at 6OV. But, he leads all D in the 2019 Draft in NHL scoring to this point and by a wide margin.
Right. If Hage hits the ground running at Michigan (no sure thing), he's going to look like a steal rather quickly if he's picked outside the top 20.

I miss the days of having multiple firsts :(

Reactions: Irie and Chainshot

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
I love how 1/2 of people think Pegula is an absentee owner and the other half think Pegula is making all the decisions 🙄.

What difference does it make what reason he is removed? He would be removed. So I'm not exactly sure what you're even trying to say except agreeing with what I said that Adams is on the hot seat.
The craziest part is those two groups of people are actually mostly one group of people holding two contradictory opinions

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018

Well, I'm not position-obsessed, and I really like Dickinson, as well as 3-4 other defensemen in this draft. I also have no problem with the forward selection.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
IMO I think that .most teams picking high will be realistic about where they'll probably pick again next year. Doing so you have a slew of top flight defensemen with a bunch of decent forwards. Right now next year looks like forward central with several franchise potentials, and a few star potential. Thinking that way, you're better grabbing a D early for development and roll the dice on a superstar next year

Could be part of Chicago’s rumored infatuation with Levshunov. The last time this sort of report was out there it was about Dach and it bore fruit.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Demidov is definitely no worse than Levshunov, I would even put him higher in talent, the question is what Chicago will look for. Bedard - Demidov would be very strong, on the other hand Levshunov is really a potential first pair defenseman. A difficult choice.

dickiedunnwrotethis

It's gotta be true.
May 16, 2009
saskatoon
Top pairing D generally trumps a 1W
Is Levnshunov a top pairing D though? Honestly, his consistently high rankings from multiple sources is one of the most puzzling draft evaluations I can remember in my 40 years of following the draft. I don't see the defensive acumen to be a shutdown dman and I don't see the on ice vision to be a PP1 guy who can dismantle opposing PKs. So what is he? What's his role? I see a 3/4 guy on a good team.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
Is Levnshunov a top pairing D though? Honestly, his consistently high rankings from multiple sources is one of the most puzzling draft evaluations I can remember in my 40 years of following the draft. I don't see the defensive acumen to be a shutdown dman and I don't see the on ice vision to be a PP1 guy who can dismantle opposing PKs. So what is he? What's his role? I see a 3/4 guy on a good team.
You're banking on growth. The kid has had the atypical development arc, but was an integral part of MSU's defense playing big minutes.

Reactions: dickiedunnwrotethis

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

He was playing in Belarus two years ago. From that to D1 major contributor is massive growth. There are a lot of burls to sand off for sure, but I can see it.

And it seems more likely that he winds up as a very good 3 to me too.

dickiedunnwrotethis

It's gotta be true.
May 16, 2009
saskatoon
He was playing in Belarus two years ago. From that to D1 major contributor is massive growth. There are a lot of burls to sand off for sure, but I can see it.

And it seems more likely that he winds up as a very good 3 to me too.
I think that's pretty fair. And a strong 3 is nothing to sneeze at, but in the 2-5 range? That would be too much of a leap for me, especially when Demidov is waiting there ready to decimate defenses.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad