GDT: 2024 NHL Draft (June 28 - June 29, Las Vegas Sphere)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Sponsor
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
God enough crying give the kid a chance none of us know if Cole or Connolly would be anything
Going to pull for the kid but fact is we took a second round pick at 17 in an already weak draft when top 15 talent was still available. There ain't no other way to spin this at the moment.

ClevelandCapsfan

May 24, 2021
1719625975246.jpeg

MileHighCapsFan

Mar 12, 2007
I've always been a massive Ross supporter but sometimes he gets f***ing zero'ed in on these off the board guys and it's so blatantly obvious this was the pick before the draft even started because he thinks he can outsmart the league. It didn't matter who was there, this was his guy.
Even worse it was his guy when he signed Funk.

Reactions: Holtbyisms

touchnotthecat

Dec 29, 2014
Watched Parascak (and Funk, and Thorton) quite a bit and I think he's pretty great honestly. I don't see the skating concerns he was regularly getting breakaways, even SH, and to me it looks like he would catch players off guard with his acceleration. Maybe he looks tired in a lot of highlights because he played so much but I wouldn't be as worried about it as y'all are.
I got to see several games of Catton, Iginla, and Lindstrom and still Parascak stood out as a guy who does it all really well. He is so skilled and thinks the game at such a level that I feel like he will be in the NHL for sure. Worst case scenario he's an amazing 3rd liner but i'm no expert.
However, and another poster mentioned it, Washington making this pick seems odd given the Ovechkin window. Parascak is very slight and is absolute best case two years away from being able to play pro games more likely three or four. I won't be surprised if he's used in a deadline trade to add a top player.
If he stays in Washington I guess I have to follow this team now but I'm not happy about it! I was rooting for y'all in 2018 if that counts for anything.
Funk and Thorton are solid players and battled like crazy all year in Prince George. Can't help but root for them as well

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Watched Parascak (and Funk, and Thorton) quite a bit and I think he's pretty great honestly. I don't see the skating concerns he was regularly getting breakaways, even SH, and to me it looks like he would catch players off guard with his acceleration. Maybe he looks tired in a lot of highlights because he played so much but I wouldn't be as worried about it as y'all are.
I got to see several games of Catton, Iginla, and Lindstrom and still Parascak stood out as a guy who does it all really well. He is so skilled and thinks the game at such a level that I feel like he will be in the NHL for sure. Worst case scenario he's an amazing 3rd liner but i'm no expert.
However, and another poster mentioned it, Washington making this pick seems odd given the Ovechkin window. Parascak is very slight and is absolute best case two years away from being able to play pro games more likely three or four. I won't be surprised if he's used in a deadline trade to add a top player.
If he stays in Washington I guess I have to follow this team now but I'm not happy about it! I was rooting for y'all in 2018 if that counts for anything.
Funk and Thorton are solid players and battled like crazy all year in Prince George. Can't help but root for them as well
Thanks we have had some posters who hate GMBM and take every chance to blast any move he makes. Welcome to the Caps board

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad