GDT: 2024 NHL Draft - (1st Round - 6/28 at 7PM ET and Remainder of Draft - 6/29 at 11:30AM ET)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Woke up thinking we had a chance at Demidov or Catton. Going to sleep with Luchanko.
And no Swedes in the first. Pour one out.

Brilliant

Doomed.

That shit doesn't matter when he projects to be better than all of those guys!

Btw how many players are they going to avoid to accommodate a guy that has a really good chance of just being a AAAA player? It's a meme at this point.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Do we still think that rumored ask for #4 was accurately reported? If true, the Flyers are stingy with picks until the clock starts ticking. Then the value craters

Feb 5, 2016
Flyers are not having a good draft this year.

Columbus is keeping the 2024 36th pick tomorrow and deferring the 2nd round pick to Philadelphia in 2025.

Philly started the day with two 1sts and two 2nds and now only have a Jett and one 2nd tomorrow unless they swing a trade or two.

• Wow
Reactions: orangey

MayonnaiseOreo

I Hate the Flyers
Apr 8, 2012
A Glass of Milk
It's hilarious that we can still be shocked by their stupidity (and laziness) even after everything we have been through. But I don't feel like laughing.
i-BU7B.gif

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I think it is safe to say this was not what anyone expected. Having the option to choose from Buium, Eiserman, and Helenius and then taking Luchanko and trading pick 32 is pretty underwhelming to say the least. I would like to think that the plan is to tank and have three firsts in next years draft which hopefully is better. But damn passing on Eiserman and more specifically Buium hurts. Hopefully they know something we don't but I am not expecting that.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I feel alot better , Jamey B thinks Flyers made a great pick !
He doesn't know who exactly got picked but by gum he is excited to let everyone know he LOVES it and loves Danny and every darn fan of this ol' franchise!! We all deserve this!!

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Buium is is taller and heavier than both Drysdale and Andrae, so I don't really know what Briere is smoking.

If Buium is "small," you're just telling me everything about how ass backwards you evaluate. He is roughly NHL average. He's not a Hutson brother. It's not a thing that has ever entered my brain; he's pretty strong too. Maybe his skating could add a quarter step in stride. Size? They have a boatload of inferior smaller defenders who are relatively unproven in the NHL besides York, who is about as dangerous as a velour blanket. But they told us they want to be Vegas. Just without the good players.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Brilliant

Briere being a small boi himself, it's become indisputable that Flahr, Clarke, and Godking Emperor Torts have way too much say. It's really just baffling how this team so transparently is guided by those 3 in how they steadfastly chase their archetypes while foolishly falling victim to the sunk cost fallacy. I mean it's right there! It's black and white! They're doubling down on Drysdale only because they traded for him, losing their top 3 prospect in the process. They feel they HAVE to squeeze all the juice from that rotten fruit. They can't just punt. From Fillpula to Drysdale to all the other assholes in between, like Hayes. It's just crazy.

Simulataneously, you have the overall directionless plodding. Say you build from the back out, and pass on one of the best dmen in the draft. Acknowledge the lack of high end skill on the team, and draft a floor player who lacks any high end tool. Look to trade up, then trade back. Trade a roster player for picks at the deadline, then trade futures for a roster player. Anyone who credits this brain trust with anything at this point is almost as out of touch as the brain trust itself. Truly, I've never seen a group of decision makers so lost. No one knows what it means or takes to win in this sport. That is so plainly shown with every decision they make. It's hilarious.

The smart teams plot the course. The other teams sail the waypoints hoping to pass the smart teams by. Then there's the Flyers, who are busy cutting holes out of the sail thinking it'll make the boat lighter and faster

Last edited:

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
The lasting thought I have is this……

With Michkov beginning his ELC, with no effort to sell valuable NHL pieces not fitting his timeline, with no truly elite roster players, with Hilferty getting excited about 2025 free agency, with a ferociously stubborn antipathy to building with high picks, with a 12th overall pick that was still higher than they planned…..

Today, I believe Denver Barkey (who I very much like) remains the 2nd best prospect in the organization. I don’t think this farce can be summarized any more succinctly for a team likely heading towards 5+ consecutive playoff misses (and 9/13).

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
The lasting thought I have is this……

With Michkov beginning his ELC, with no effort to sell valuable NHL pieces not fitting his timeline, with no truly elite roster players, with Hilferty getting excited about 2025 free agency, with a ferociously stubborn antipathy to building with high picks, with a 12th overall pick that was still higher than they planned…..

Today, I believe Denver Barkey (who I very much like) remains the 2nd best prospect in the organization. I don’t think this farce can be summarized any more succinctly for a team likely heading towards 5+ consecutive playoff misses (and 9/13).
It just blows my mind (it doesn't) that they refuse to load up firepower for Michkov. Floor pick after floor pick

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
They keep talking about UFA in 2025 and being able to spend…. Like 50% of the potential free agents will sign with their team or whoever trades for them….

Now with 6 top 64 picks next year, they need to bring in elite talent via trade. Kaprisov will be one year away from free agency. Need to acquire that type of talent.

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY
Flyers are not having a good draft this year.

Columbus is keeping the 2024 36th pick tomorrow and deferring the 2nd round pick to Philadelphia in 2025.

Philly started the day with two 1sts and two 2nds and now only have a Jett and one 2nd tomorrow unless they swing a trade or two.
Please god no more trades. Last night was indication that Briere cant trade for shit
Briere being a small boi himself, it's become indisputable that Flahr, Clarke, and Godking Emperor Torts have way too much say. It's really just baffling how this team so transparently is guided by those 3 in how they steadfastly chase their archetypes while foolishly falling victim to the sunk cost fallacy. I mean it's right there! It's black and white! They're doubling down on Drysdale only because they traded for him, losing their top 3 prospect in the process. They feel they HAVE to squeeze all the juice from that rotten fruit. They can't just punt. From Fillpula to Drysdale to all the other assholes in between, like Hayes. It's just crazy.

Simulataneously, you have the overall directionless plodding. Say you build from the back out, and pass on one of the best dmen in the draft. Acknowledge the lack of high end skill on the team, and draft a floor player who lacks any high end tool. Look to trade up, then trade back. Trade a roster player for picks at the deadline, then trade futures for a roster player. Anyone who credits this brain trust with anything at this point is almost as out of touch as the brain trust itself. Truly, I've never seen a group of decision makers so lost. No one knows what it means or takes to win in this sport. That is so plainly shown with every decision they make. It's hilarious.

The smart teams plot the course. The other teams sail the waypoints hoping to pass the smart teams by. Then there's the Flyers, who are busy cutting holes out of the sail thinking it'll make the boat lighter and faster
Its painfully obvious they are trying to culture their way to a cup. Hearing the player description last night was a spoon to my ear; "Coaches rave about the way he plays. Hes a leader", "He plays the right way", "He tries hard".
There's no way they didn't take Buium because of size. They were just shit scared of going in for another top talent college player and watching him walk.

It was clear they wanted Demidov, Catton or Dickinson IMO.
More proof the org is a pile. All this talk of culture, but afraid to pick a guy cause they think he wont play for them.

Tarpongg

#fakerebuild
May 26, 2012
Listening to the Briere press conf is infuriating. From the logic of passing on Buium, to his day 2 strategy “we have a center so there’s no need to chase that.” You have no centers in the system!

Reactions: BiggE

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad