GDT: 2024 NHL Draft - (1st Round - 6/28 at 7PM ET and Remainder of Draft - 6/29 at 11:30AM ET)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
I get that. It was a bad net return, but it's some indication of a direction... even if we can't trust them to make use of it in the future.

I'm very unhappy and yet sorta happy. It sucks being a fan of this team.
i am not sure it is unless they are planning to suck and get better talent, using the picks for a trade ..or offer sheeting someone

Reactions: freakydallas13

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
I think that having Michkov and putting him with slop is more painful than just having Ryan Leonard and slop. Because I want to watch Michkov, but I want to cry at the same time. I could totally check out in the latter scenario.

They are over the moon with his work. This guy struck gold burrowing his way in with Fletcher.
So will Matvei once he sees the roster he has to play with.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I love that they claim they didn't draft Heiskanen for a similar reason. Even if you don't believe them, that's what they said.

Brilliant

Buium isn't even small! He's got a thicc build. I could write 100 things about this, but I'll settle on this one for simplicity......

Asfibqwohf124012esaoCLSclmasmaAHAHhahhhc,b,voe!

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
2 years into the fake rebuild, you’ve made 1 extra pick (Bonk), and made one trade of consequence (Provorov). The other trades were minor (Walker, Hayes). You’ve retained and resigned 90% of your core slop.

Perhaps I’m missing something, but when does this supposed rebuild start?

Probably when I wake up and realize that this was all a nightmare

Reactions: Tarpongg

MayonnaiseOreo

I Hate the Flyers
Apr 8, 2012
A Glass of Milk
I had major hip surgery yesterday and I have to say that was more fun than tonight's draft. All that talk of potentially moving up and then having Buium fall right into their laps, only for them to somehow screw that up was disappointing. I pray Luchanko ends up being a great player but it likely wouldn't be for another 5 years anyway. Just seems like the typical "cute" pick they've been making since 2013.

Last edited:

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
I think that having Michkov and putting him with slop is more painful than just having Ryan Leonard and slop. Because I want to watch Michkov, but I want to cry at the same time. I could totally check out in the latter scenario.

I was trying to be hopeful. I woke up 4:30 a.m. French time and right away checked the draft coverage. Took me an hour to process it, and then trading 32 happened. It's honestly worst case scenario. I have to watch now, only because of Michkov, but it's going to be hell knowing that this organization is still run by f***ing idiots.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
giphy.gif

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Last night I had this dream where a few friends and I were being chased through the hood by basically everyone in the hood. Snoop Dogg was trying to lead us to safety, but there was none. One of his guys shot at us before Snoop could identify that we were friendlies. It was f***ing terrifying.

What I'm saying is that, starting from last night and continuing until now, this day has been one long sesh of "Call of Doodie."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad