OT: 2024 NFL/NCAA/HS Football Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
KC is still probably the best in the league? Hard to see SEA or MIN as that good

I'll neve write Mahomes off, but they are now without Rice, Hollywood Brown, and Pacheco for most or all of the season. Kelce is getting old.

They'll still win it all when Mahomes throws 5 TDs to the local UPS driver, probably

Reactions: My3Sons

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I'll neve write Mahomes off, but they are now without Rice, Hollywood Brown, and Pacheco for most or all of the season. Kelce is getting old.

They'll still win it all when Mahomes throws 5 TDs to the local UPS driver, probably

Davante to them makes the most sense trade partner wise but Mark Davis probably rather die than give the Chiefs ANOTHER ring with WR help in a trade. It's gonna be a year like 2007 Giants and 2011 Giants where a random team wins it all probably. If Chiefs get home field, no one is going there and beating them anyway. I like the Ravens but their playoff history is garbage

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
The discourse on Twitter for the Jets is, as tradition, incredibly dramatic.

Yes, that loss sucked. Yes, Saleh will dig his own grave if the penalty issues continue to surface. But we all already knew this.

People saying they want Saleh fired now (like that'll do a lot of good). People questioning the two most talented players they have on offense in Breece and Garrett after bad games.

They're 2-2. They're in the thick of the battle through the first quarter of the season. Yesterday was a day where everything went wrong. Now they have to respond with a unique week having to head to London and face an undefeated team. I'll be hoping they're not panicking over a difficult day for everyone involved and focus on what they can correct. I don't envision Rodgers having throws slip out of his hands again any time soon.

Reactions: My3Sons

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
McDaniel might be a fraud unfortunately

Going into this year with no viable backup behind Tua is a Grier problem, the Jets had the same issue and got Tyrod if Rodgers got hurt in the worst case scenario. Skylar Thompson/Mike White and then eventually falling into Tyler Huntley was never it. No reason that Flacco/Tyrod/Winston couldn't be a Dolphin

Rudolph gives Tennessee a better chance of winning

Which is unfortunate

Not really, their defense is above average. Levis has made some of the stupidest mistakes a QB can make the first 4 weeks. They probably beat the Bears/Jets with Rudolph playing like he did tonight.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Going into this year with no viable backup behind Tua is a Grier problem, the Jets had the same issue and got Tyrod if Rodgers got hurt in the worst case scenario. Skylar Thompson/Mike White and then eventually falling into Tyler Huntley was never it. No reason that Flacco/Tyrod/Winston couldn't be a Dolphin

Not really, their defense is above average. Levis has made some of the stupidest mistakes a QB can make the first 4 weeks. They probably beat the Bears/Jets with Rudolph playing like he did tonight.
McDaniel's inability to get any kind of production from his backups is pretty concerning for an alleged "offensive genius." Look at what Mike Lafleur has done with Malik Willis, good coaches should find ways to take limited players and play to their strengths.

Reactions: NJDevs26

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
McDaniel's inability to get any kind of production from his backups is pretty concerning for an alleged "offensive genius." Look at what Mike Lafleur has done with Malik Willis, good coaches should find ways to take limited players and play to their strengths.

Sure, I'm not denying that but if you know Tua is one hit away from being out of the league then why not get a premium backup at the worst case scenario? Was Odell needed for them? Guy hasn't played a snap for them and the money could've gone to a backup QB. The roster building that Miami is so top heavy that it's utterly insane. No QB off the street is learning that offense within 1-2 weeks or even to a decent level to run it mid year. They cut Mike White after the preseason and Skylar Thompson is garbage that they consistently bring back because of his decent playoff game v Buffalo a couple of years back when Tua originally got hurt the first time. Like go sign Flacco, Tyrod, Winston or any other capable backup. It's f***ing Miami, the allure is to get paid in a non-taxed state for athletes, beautiful women (if they're single, LOL)/beaches and the worst case, you're playing if something happens to Tua. But if Tua is healthy, you basically have one of the best gigs in the league lol

Last edited:

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Sure, I'm not denying that but if you know Tua is one hit away from being out of the league then why not get a premium backup at the worst case scenario? Was Odell needed for them? Guy hasn't played a snap for them and the money could've gone to a backup QB. The roster building that Miami is so top heavy that it's utterly insane. No QB off the street is learning that offense within 1-2 weeks or even to a decent level to run it mid year. They cut Mike White after the preseason and Skylar Thompson is garbage that they consistently bring back because of his decent playoff game v Buffalo a couple of years back when Tua originally got hurt the first time.
Oh I agree, Grier has certainly mismanaged his roster. His neglect of the offensive line in front of his concussion prone quarterback is inexcusable. They keep spending high draft picks on defensive players because they chose to pay big name defensive players who can't stay healthy. You give the bag to Bradley Chubb and Jaelan Phillips as your primary pass rushers, but since neither can stay on the field you still need to burn your first 1st in the last three seasons on Chop Robinson, a raw and inconsistent EDGE, and then double dip for another EDGE later in the draft.

Spending a 2nd on Cam Smith was even more egregious IMO. They already had Xavien Howard and Jalen Ramsey, but still spent their highest pick in that draft on a CB (lost a 1st for tampering, yikes). Smith started 0 games and only played 2% of defensive snaps last year despite all of their injuries. Can you imagine if the Dolphins had taken JM Schmitz or O'Cyrus Torrence instead of him? This isn't even draft revisionism IMO, if you take a guy in the 2nd round in the NFL he should either be starting Day 1 or in a rotation Day 1.

But I think their roster as constructed should still be good enough to beat the freaking Titans. McDaniel has a reputation for being an offensive wizard yet somehow can't find a way to scheme the most explosive WR of all time a clean pass up the middle. He looks like a one trick pony right now. People figured out his motions and now he doesn't have any answers. A year ago this team dropped 70 on the Broncos, now they're getting under 200 yards total offense and going 2/12 on 3rd down at home against a winless team.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Oh I agree, Grier has certainly mismanaged his roster. His neglect of the offensive line in front of his concussion prone quarterback is inexcusable. They keep spending high draft picks on defensive players because they chose to pay big name defensive players who can't stay healthy. You give the bag to Bradley Chubb and Jaelan Phillips as your primary pass rushers, but since neither can stay on the field you still need to burn your first 1st in the last three seasons on Chop Robinson, a raw and inconsistent EDGE, and then double dip for another EDGE later in the draft.

Spending a 2nd on Cam Smith was even more egregious IMO. They already had Xavien Howard and Jalen Ramsey, but still spent their highest pick in that draft on a CB (lost a 1st for tampering, yikes). Smith started 0 games and only played 2% of defensive snaps last year despite all of their injuries. Can you imagine if the Dolphins had taken JM Schmitz or O'Cyrus Torrence instead of him? This isn't even draft revisionism IMO, if you take a guy in the 2nd round in the NFL he should either be starting Day 1 or in a rotation Day 1.

But I think their roster as constructed should still be good enough to beat the freaking Titans. McDaniel has a reputation for being an offensive wizard yet somehow can't find a way to scheme the most explosive WR of all time a clean pass up the middle. He looks like a one trick pony right now. People figured out his motions and now he doesn't have any answers. A year ago this team dropped 70 on the Broncos, now they're getting under 200 yards total offense and going 2/12 on 3rd down at home against a winless team.
To be fair the cat and mouse of football has always been this way. At one point the west coast offense was unstoppable. Then it was stoppable. Then Sean Payton and Jon Gruden’s offense was unstoppable then it was stoppable. Now a number of teams are running the Shanahan offense. For a while it was unstoppable but once defenses can consistently play a shell coverage and cover downfield pick plays it will be stoppable. McDaniel is not an idiot. It’s just that the offense in current vogue is being broken down on film and countered. The Saints scored over 40 points the first two weeks and these last two weeks scored maybe 15 and 23 points. The coach didn’t become bad in the span of two weeks it’s just that now his stuff is on tape. Beyond that I think you have to allow a team to adjust once they lose thr QB. If NFL players don’t think they can win they aren’t going to be willing to put themselves in thr risky positions they need to in order to be successful. Let’s see how they manage the next few games.

Reactions: AfroThunder396

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
its time for Grier to go. I have defended him, but this can't go on anymore.

The problem is I don't know how to fix it. They paid all their big guns, so it is going to be hard to trade any of them. And that is before even getting into the Tua situation.

I am most disappointed in McDaniel. If your offense is SO complicated that only one guy can run it, maybe your offense sucks? Starting to look more and more like McD was a Tua merchant unfortunately. Not tailoring your offense to what you have is a recipe for disaster.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020

Agreed with what you said but again that specific game you mentioned they had their actual starter. For all his faults and me being a Jets fan, I'm the first one who'll shit on Tua for something comical he does but he really does run that entire offense. If they're not signing a backup because the management is coddling him in reverse of what Flores did by being a complete dick then we have other issues. I'd take McDaniel in NY over Saleh and it's not even a question, most of the stuff that was happening last night is because Huntley has been there for 1-2 weeks and he obviously wouldn't know every nuance of what is going on with that offense. Compare it to the vanilla and water downed offense Huntley managed in Baltimore and it's like taking someone who sucks at math and dropping them in a Calc 3 class in college freshman year. Do I think McDaniel can dumb down the offense a bit? Sure, but why does he have to dumb what he does best because the GM has done a shitty job on the actual roster besides the top end? And again, the Titans are probably staring at 3-1 if Levis doesn't think he's Brett Favre against the Jets/Bears. They just need average QB play with the very good defense they have.

Reactions: AfroThunder396

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
its time for Grier to go. I have defended him, but this can't go on anymore.

The problem is I don't know how to fix it. They paid all their big guns, so it is going to be hard to trade any of them. And that is before even getting into the Tua situation.

I am most disappointed in McDaniel. If your offense is SO complicated that only one guy can run it, maybe your offense sucks? Starting to look more and more like McD was a Tua merchant unfortunately. Not tailoring your offense to what you have is a recipe for disaster.

I get this point but I still don't get what the logic was going with Skylar f***ing Thompson and Mike White yet another year after what happened in previous years. It's ok for a player to be a whole system on offense. He's the QB, the Jets season got derailed the same way last year and they signed Tyrod this summer. Grier could've done that to assure that Miami wouldn't have to worry about a disaster if Tua gets hurt. I'd be more mad at McDaniel not banging the table for a backup QB but he doesn't seem like a confrontational or angry type. Dude seems high 24/7 lmao

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I get this point but I still don't get what the logic was going with Skylar f***ing Thompson and Mike White yet another year after what happened in previous years. It's ok for a player to be a whole system on offense. He's the QB, the Jets season got derailed the same way last year and they signed Tyrod this summer. Grier could've done that to assure that Miami wouldn't have to worry about a disaster if Tua gets hurt. I'd be more mad at McDaniel not banging the table for a backup QB but he doesn't seem like a confrontational or angry type. Dude seems high 24/7 lmao

but Skylar is Mike's guy. That is on him too. Yeah, Grier deserves blame but Mike has pounded the table for Skylar since he has been in the system for 3 years, and he looked like a HS QB out there last week.

Mike White is a clearly better QB (not that I think he is any good), and they dumped him for Skylar for some reason. None of it makes any sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad